[2.0.5 Linux] mouse pointer always visible in fullscreen

Discussion in 'ePSXe Compatibility' started by AleRinaldi, Nov 10, 2016.

1. AleRinaldi

AleRinaldi New Member

Hello,
    first of all many many thanks for the great work you do to keep ePSXe up, it really rocks!
    Of course there will be thousands of priority before this one and I totally agree with it, but this is (for me) kind of a really annoying problem.
    I use ePSXe 2.0.5 on Linux, no external plugins. Video is set to load on fullscreen.
    When I start a game I get that black mouse cursor in the center of the screen. You excpect it to disappear sooner or later but... No! I have to move it to a corner of the screen.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. brandleesee

brandleesee New Member

Hi, this appears to be an issue on Ubuntu and its derivatives.
    By any chance, have you found a solution to this?
    I'm asking because I installed unclutter (link below) and it works while browsing etc etc, however, when I start ePSXe 2.0.5 I still get the mouse (colour changed to black) at the centre of the screen and it does not disappear even after shaking the mouse. I am currently looking for another solution.
    http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/zesty/en/man1/unclutter.1.html
  4. AleRinaldi

AleRinaldi New Member

Not a real solution, but a very good workaround. I run the Windows version with wine: the 2.0.5 doesn't start with the current stable version of Wine (seems to work with the dev releases anyway), but the 2.0.2 works really well and it's giving me everything I need atm. Playing for 2 months withot any issue ;)
    Bonus: I can manage 2 controllers, in the Linux version they seem to conflict each other :(
  5. AleRinaldi

AleRinaldi New Member

Not a real solution, but a very good workaround. I run the Windows version with wine: the 2.0.5 doesn't start with the current stable version of Wine (seems to work with the dev releases anyway), but the 2.0.2 works really well and it's giving me everything I need atm. Playing for 2 months withot any issue ;)
    Bonus: I can manage 2 controllers, in the Linux version they seem to conflict each other :(
  6. brandleesee

brandleesee New Member

For the time being, I am using Windowed mode.
    Truth be told I am not a fan of wine, I tend to shun it.
    But, if that's the better solution I may have to give it a go.