2 questions about co-op

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by shippou5, Apr 4, 2017.

1. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

1. Is it possible to split the controls so that some buttons will be assigned to the keyboard and some to an actual controller? Specifically I want L1, L2 to be assigned to my gamepad while the rest to be assigned to my keyboard.

2. Is it possible to use some program so my friend can play alongside me online? I know that latency might be an issue but I am still curious.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

I don't do online gaming so no clue on Q2, but as for Q1... you can configure controls however you wish... easiest way is probably to use lillypad from PCSX2 (ps 2 emu) ..then simple set up the controls, mix and match.. the internal pad plugin will do it too, but it's a little more finicky at times
  4. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

How do I use the ps2 emu setup for epsxe? When I try to configurate the controls in the default one clicking on the controller does nothing

[​IMG]
  5. dpence

dpence New Member

download pcsx2, go to the plugins folder get the lillypad dll and place it in epsxe's plugins folder.. then when you start epsx change the pad plugin to lillypad... you'll see a different config screen than that one
  6. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

I've followed your instructions but I see no pad plugin change option anywhere

[​IMG]
  7. dpence

dpence New Member

ok, you didn't say you were using an ancient version of epsxe..lol... one that old doesn't have pad plugin support... 2.0.5 is the latest and 2.0.0 is the first to have pad plugin support
  8. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

[​IMG]

The new one doesn't really seem to have the option either, or am I looking at the wrong place?
  9. dpence

dpence New Member

plugins...you can change the pad one from there... same for video plugin, sound, etc...
  10. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

Oh I didn't see that the button was added there, fantastic! Although this new version crashes whenever I launch a game regardless of the video plugin I choose so maybe there is an issue with it? I am even trying to run the exact same plugins and bios settings as I had on the old version but the new one either crashes or does nothing
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  11. dpence

dpence New Member

options, cpu overclock, make sure x1 is checked (known bug)
  12. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

Oh thank you, it worked perfectly!

Although pressing ESC doesn't exit the game, what does then? In fact F1 and F3 for quick save and load don't seem to work either
  13. dpence

dpence New Member

hmmmm??? esc works perfectly here....dunno about quick load/save never used them..I would imagine they would be unchanged as well though
  14. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

When I click ESC nothing happens, usually it is supposed to exit the game, am I supposed to manually attach it to a button in lilypad?

After some experimentation it seems that only after clicking F1 the ESC button ceases to work, maybe the quick save button is somewhere else?

[​IMG]
  15. dpence

dpence New Member

might be another bug... you could try alt-enter to go to window mode, then hit esc
  16. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

Okay I find out that using lilypad causes this issue, if I use the reguler input plugin it works fine

[​IMG]

How do I fix lilypad?
  17. dpence

dpence New Member

see in the lower right, a box that says safe fullscreen exit on esc...make sure that is checked

pad.jpg
  18. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

[​IMG]

It already is, maybe there is something else I am missing?
  19. dpence

dpence New Member

Dunno... only other real difference I see is my keyboard input is set to raw (instead of windows messaging) and I have mouse input disabled (and set to start without mouse focus)
  20. shippou5

shippou5 New Member

Oh you're right! After changing input to raw it works perfectly now, so why is massaging marked as recommended if it is bad? o_O
  21. dpence

dpence New Member

well it IS designed for pcsx2... could be differences in how the emu's handle windows messages.. Raw on the other hand is just the raw data