7 Archangels & 7 Demon Lords

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BeelzemontZero, Oct 20, 2008.

1. BeelzemontZero

BeelzemontZero Demon OverLord

Ok, before continue, please remember this is not to offend any religion :innocent::innocent::innocent:

Move on

OK, right now i was making new story about the battle between 7 archangels & 7 demon lords.

and the problem is i haven't know the True Archangels.
    My current thought of the Archangels
    1. Michael > the leader , Army of God' Commander
    2. Gabriel > God left hand, messenger of God
    3. Raphael > Healer, purifier
    4. Uriel > Angel of Repentance, Guardian of Eden's Gate
    5. Zerachiel > God's command, the watcher, lead soul to judgement,earth ruler
    6. Remiel > Angel of Hope, lead soul to heaven, duty to divine missions
    7. Raguel > Archangel of justice, fairness & harmony, the Judge

So, please tell me what is the actual members of the archangels, their positions & powers.

While the 7 demon lords in my story are

1. Lucifer, Fallen Angel, Demon of Pride
    2. Lilith , SinBringer, Demon of lust
    3. Beelzebu , Onslaught , Demon of Envy
    4. Ashura , ,Demon of Hate
    5. Mephistopheles, Grim Reaper, Demon of Fear
    6. Hades, , Demon of Greed
    7. Loki, , Demon of Lie

i know that my 7 DL is different from actual DL, which should be Lucifer, Asmodeus, Satan, Beelzebu, Barba, Belphegor, Leviathan
    and as you see , Loki ,Hades & Ashura haven't have a "nickname" yet. so please give your opinions what is the nice nickname for them, of course you may give nicknames for the others like Lucifer, Lilith, Beelzebu, Mephisto.

or you can give the best team for the 7 demon lords, if yes, then give the details & history of the demons

thank you :innocent::innocent::innocent:
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Proto

Proto Knowledge is the solution Junior Contributor

4. PCXL-Fan

PCXL-Fan Heroes Might& Magic Champ Award Winner!

You could also go with the Dungeons and Dragons lore. I used to play it when I was a teenager. They have the 9 layers of hell.

Asmodeus was the high Devil lord , leader of the 9 plane of hell. Can't remember the rest of the lords but i have the monster manuals hidden away somewhere.
  5. Demi Fiend

Demi Fiend New Member

6. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

This thing really reminded me of max payne... The part where jack lupino starts rambling how he has tasted the flesh of fallen angels, drinked the devils green blood and also lists the names Lucifer, asmodeus, beelzebub, lilith:lol:

Lilith is pretty funny BTW... In one of the texts excluded from the bible she's the first wife for adam(look for "folk tradition" on the wikipedia link:D)... I didn't even know that name had so many different roots:lol:

Lilith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  7. Exodus

Exodus ...and now they do.

Surprise! 50% of games with a plot steal names from religions and myths.
  8. BeelzemontZero

thanks for the links, but i didn't very like the idea of shin megami tensei

cos they make the archangels as demon

I'm not Christian,nor Catholic, I'm Buddhist. But i still like to admire the Archangels as angels, not demons, if the Shin Megami tensei make Lucifer, Beelzebu, etc as main demon. I will more like it since they are the badass.

But, i also like the idea of a movie, Constantine, which they make Gabriel is try to trait God ,and want to make a rebel, then Lucifer come in and smash Gabriel while said " what's the problem ? Looks like God have leave you ? " It's so cool :D

thanksa lot for the first and third link

especially the third, since it give me idea who will battle who :)

i have see the second link ,and that's where i got the idea for my thought of the Archangels team :)

Max Payne ???

so he like to drink demon blood ? i'm sure he will have a hard way to obtain their blood, especially the Demon Lord's

About Lilith,yes their is too much myth bout her, but i will stay to the idea "she is the first wife of Adam,and she is the one who give the Apple (Ryuuku favourite :D) to Adam and make him fall from Eden"
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  9. Demi Fiend

Demi Fiend New Member

Yeah but they have their own alignment and different goals in SMT ;) They may be called demons, but Lucifer don't share the same goal that The Great Will in the plot.

I think the translation is wrong too. The way they wanna show it, is by separating them into minions of light, minions of darkness etc, each one following their separated objectives. And the humans staying in the middle of it all.

They are not all demons of hell. The archangels are not demons in SMT.. They are minions that stands by the will of god. Just name it. The most common names are "angels" or "archangels". The most important is the idea behind the corresponding entity

Gotcha? :thumb:

Yep, but there are games that just borrow the names, and others that use the own personification from where the name comes from ;). That's SMT case.
  10. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

There are actually 10 Archangels, most texts only speak of the first 7.
    Through my own studies into this stuff, i've learnt that Lucifer was infact the original leader of the angels, and blessed with gift of self, and freewill totalling an original count of 11.

btw, Lucifer is both eny and pride

As for why the other 3 angels are not counted as the 8th Choir,.. my only speculation is they were to govern the others and prevent a fall such as that of lucifers occuring again.
  11. BeelzemontZero

Hmmm ,that's a good knowledge. that's what i currently ask .

So ,there suppose 10 Archangels instead of 7

and the quote of "Lucifer, whose ambitions were a distortion of God's plan, is known to us through the various religious teachings
    as the fallen angel, with the use of many names, among which are Satan, Belial, Beelzebub and the Devil.
    Because of the variety of teachings, we have come to 'untruth' when it comes to this most beautiful of angels
    whose name means ' Light' ."
    is really enlight me , and that make my imaginations for this story spread wider

btw this is my biggest curiosity

if Gabriel is many said as "God's left hand" , who is the right ? Metatron , or Michael , or else ?

thank you

now after you explain it , i understand

12. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Michael is gods right hand., taking the saying "right hand man" from various writings as being A persons top warrior, or leader of warriors. The right hand was commonly the blade hand for most warriors as its usually the strongest.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. Solid_Snake

Solid_Snake On Stand-by

Beezlemont, I don't Jhudiel (Beauty), Barachiel & Sealtiel for the Archangels in your list

And as for Lucifer, I didn't know he was also a Demon Lord though he is Also Satan and Ruler of Hell.