A WORKING PSP Emulator!

Discussion in 'JPCSP Discussion' started by bkwegoharder, Jun 13, 2009.

1. bkwegoharder

bkwegoharder New Member

No it's not an emulator that can be played on the psp, but a psp emulator for the pc. So now you can play some psp games on the pc. It uses java.

It's called jpcsp. Some games actually are playable. It's not like it is limited to demos.

Here is the link. JPCSP : Java PSP Emulator
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

... thanks for the old news. Search the forum next time to see if there is an existing thread.
  4. Gossamer

Gossamer Opensource-spice

An emulator for a handheld console nobody likes? THIS IS MADNESS!
  5. EmuFan23

EmuFan23 Member

No, it´s Sparta.

I am a fan of logic, so i have to say...If people buy the freaking thing, then people like it, right? So that means...YOU LIE!!!11 I´m fine with you not liking it...I have it, and i have a DS. I don´t need to choose. I have PS3, 360 and Wii. I rule. Or i have too much free time, your pick.

The point of this emulator, is probably to be able to play it on a bigger screen. There is already accessories for that, but whatever.
  6. Paratech

Paratech Active Member

Or to pirate PSP games. I seriously doubt a majority of users will own a PSP and dump the UMDs themselves, although the "newer" ones that lack the "UMD" games and just use downloads to a memory stick ought to be easy to pirate. I wonder why Sony didn't think of that!
  7. masta.g.86

masta.g.86 No sir, I don't like it. Award Winner!

They did. They probably switched to a new type of security for downloadable games. A newer DRM, if you will. "They won't crack this PSP!" is probably what they were saying. Sony's security is a joke and the only reason the PS3 hasn't been cracked yet is because of Cell.

I have a PSP. Worst... handheld... ever. Well, outside of homebrew there are maybe 5 must-have games that warrant its purchase.
  8. ElijahTW

ElijahTW Need more coffee. Award Winner!

The only reason there is no way to pirate games for the PS3 is because they don't have an easily flashable Disc drive like the Xbox 360, and even if it is flashable BRD media/burners are still quite expensive.

Had Microsoft made the DVD drive more secure, there wouldn't be pirated games for either consoles.
  9. masta.g.86

The day it is cracked, pirates will be downloading games that are about 25GB.

Poor pirates. :(

lol j/k
  10. Xblade

Xblade Drowning in a red state.

I'm not gonna comment on your obvious sony haterism but there security is certainly not a joke. Just compare it to the security given by Nintendo and Microsoft.................you'll notice its far easier to pirate on the ds, wii, and 360 then it is too pirate ps3 or psp games.
  11. ElijahTW

Really, given today's fast internet connection speeds it wouldn't be too bad.

I can download at 2 Megabytes per second. 25GB = 25600MB / 2MBps = 12800s / 60s/minute = 213 Minutes = 3.55 hours.

More than likely 12 to 24 hours because you'd be unlikely to hit the full 2MB/s but it still wouldn't be too bad.
  12. Xblade

The majority of people don't have a godly connection like you. Your not even likely to hit 300kb on a torrent program especially considering that the majority of people downloading will be leechers.
  13. masta.g.86

No, but you'll insinuate... Besides, I own a PSP and a PS3. I'm just stating things as I see them. Some people refer to this notion as an opinion.

I never said their security is anything special. Sony probably has the worst. In one instance in PSP firware history, Sony released an updated firmware to crush the homebrew community's ability to install custom firmwares and run homebrew. Within 10 minutes, that very same firmware was cracked and made available online. If that's not joke security, I don't know what is.

As far as PSP piracy goes, a mentally challenged toddler can figure it out. The PSP's piracy rate is the highest of all. I'm sure the DS would be higher if it didn't require special hardware. In the PSP's case, you just need a custom firmware and a special picture. (I think this makes it the third time an exploit has been found in libtiff) What a joke. :lol:

The only thing needed to make a copy of a PS3 game is a BD-ROM drive. Of course, you can't even use the image since the Cell CPU doesn't have a publicly released compiler for any homebrew development. An exploit in the PS3's security has already been found and documented. That's why I reaffirm that the only thing holding back PS3 piracy is the CPU itself.
  14. Xblade

Of course your disregarding the hardware as a security measure..........which I'm sure is what sony intended blu ray to be.
  15. masta.g.86

???

I didn't disregard it.
  16. Xblade

If your saying sony's security is the worse while the ps3 hardware isn't pirated and all the other systems are then I do believe your disregarding it.
    Also DS piracy is far worse then the psp at the moment. You should know why.
  17. ElijahTW

Well I hit 1.5MB/s on torrents all the time.

And sure, not everyone has such a fast connection, but even at 500 - 700 KBytes/s it wouldn't be that bad.
  18. shashClp

shashClp Emu author Emu Author

Oh, hell, that's the worst reasoning ever. You got the facts right, but your arguments fail:

1) There exists a Cell free compiler. There's a whole community working on it and with it. It comes from the same people that created the ps2sdk and the excellent pspsdk.

2) If you refer to the RSX exploit, it had nothing to do with pirating, at least as long as it was valid. If you refer to other exploits, please show some proof (links, etc).

3) The main thing holding back the PS3 piracy is the hypervisor and a good chain of security, which was there from the first day (unlike the PSP). As long as many of the PS3 internals are unknown to the open public, no exploits will prosper, and that's thanks to the hypervisor.
  19. masta.g.86

*sigh*

The Cell CPU is a harware piracy deterrent atm. PS3's BD-ROM format itself is a deterrent as well as most people don't have BD-ROM PC drives and the enormous file size limits/deters. <-This is what I was getting at in my previous post about huge filesizes.

That's not saying there is absolutely no PS3 game piracy going on. Game images exist. They're out there, floating around the internet. Of course, it's pointless to download them since the PS3 won't read burned BD-ROM discs, but just being in possession of a game you don't own constitutes piracy...

When did this happen? This is great!

Video: LibTiff PS3 Exploit Firmware 2.70 for PS3? - PlayStation 3 News - QJ.NET

It works. Doubt it bypasses hypervisor though.

Fine, fine. I hereby remove the PS3 from the joke security label. The PSP, however, shall remain.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  20. Xblade

Thank you for understanding :evil:
  21. makotech222

makotech222 The one and only

Wasnt there an early exploit that allowed you to install linux, and play pirated games on the PS3?