Action Replay for EpsxE

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by vistagamer, Sep 21, 2008.

1. vistagamer

vistagamer New Member

Sorry if this has been said already, but where can i find a good action replay plug in for EpsxE?

I tried PEC, it's only for Gameshark codes ( I didn't really start searching in depth, so I don't know for sure)

I also tried Dr.Hell's Action Replay GPU Wrapper, it didn't work.

I'm trying to get the Dragon Quest 4 Japanese Translation Code working. Yes, I do own the Actual CD, I had a friend get it for me a while ago. The reason I need this is because I don't want to go out and buy the Action replay Hardware just for one game.

Thanks for any help. I'm getting a headache searching all over the place :drool:
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

PEC is an over-all solution for PSX Cheating (Action Replay/GameShark/...etc)

To get it working, you need to config your ePSXe to use its GPU plugin, then you need to know & confirm the region of your game (PAL/NTSC (JAP/US), then you need to get the correct codes for your game (many people get lost/screwed this step while its the very important othing :p).

Once you obtained all the stuff above, you need to enter the codes yourself in the PEC Cheat DBase, then select'em to be used, and there you go.

(maybe I'll write a huge tutorial about it, maybe).
  4. vistagamer

vistagamer New Member

PEC doesn't contain the game code I am looking for ( in fact, it doesn't even contain the game as a section itself). and when I try using the PECedit, It tells me the code format is wrong, then tells me the correct GAMESHARK format.

Am i missing something? It's my first time using ePSXe so i don't exactly know how everything works.
  5. karas81

Head on to this thread and use its content to improve your state.

Also, there was another thread where I did explained(with pictures-tutorials-) how to edit/add new games&codes, busy to dig, find it yourself.
  6. vistagamer

vistagamer New Member

I couldn't find it in your past 500 posts.

do you know the name of the thread at least? I am really trying here, I really am.

Why cant this be as easy as NO$GBA with the built in Action replay, sigh...

Can you elaborate on the PEC is for both Action Replay and Gameshark codes? Is there some option to switch over to Action replay codes or something? I can only find Gameshark ones, as well as only enter them.
  7. karas81

There you go : Pec codes?

And another two threads might contain additional info! :

PEC plugin: cheats not loading

Which PSX emulator for this game.

Because I spent a whole year trying to understand what is PEC, and how it works, steel at 60% :p

GAME SHARK CODES (in US) = ACTION REPLAY CODES (in JAP).
    Thats it, and whenever you found a working codes just store'em for future use.
  8. vistagamer

vistagamer New Member

Oh I see, that's why there is a problem

The codes that can be entered in PEC edit is xxxxxxxx xxxx (EX: 2009CAD5 0000)
    The code that I am trying to imput is xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx (EX: 02106404 00000001)

Whenever I try to enter a code in THAT format, it says that the correct format is the FIRST format

Sorry for the Confusion, is there any help to this?
  9. karas81

Get the correct codes, there was a site for JAP(asian) ActionReplay games, but its no longer available, you may search the web for Ation reply or Gameshark codes fallowed by your games name, or learn how to use the integrated CHU (Cheat search engine) to fine your own codes (needs a huge amount of time to learn/master/find'em), sorry I don't have the game to help you anymore.

Hannibal.
    Regards.
  10. vistagamer

vistagamer New Member

I guess I'll search some more for a action replay plug in. It's worked in Japan, It's not like it shouldn't work here...