Additions to the help file ? Post here

Discussion in 'ePSXe Archive' started by Bobbi, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Bobbi

Bobbi Guest

If you discovered a bug or would like to have a special fix added (for example a game fix), please submit your infos in this thread, I'll try to add them to the next update then ;)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Ninjaa

Ninjaa New Member

A great emulator to be sure.

But I would still like to see a fix for Silent Hill. It will not move past the KCET logo. I still do have a savestate from ePSXe 1.4.0, but it would still be nice to have. No urgency at all though.
  4. samandhi

samandhi New Member

minor thing (to me but maybe not as easy to implement), is I would like to see something put into the code that will disable the screen saver when you are running a game. Kinda' like Nero does....:)
  5. Badaro

Badaro I'm in despair!

Peops' GPU Plugin has an option for this.

[]s Badaro
  6. samandhi

samandhi New Member

It does? I did not know that.... thanks, thought I knew all the options for that plugin haha. Guess not
  7. Spam-vt

Spam-vt New Member

This is a feature request for the controller config. If you get a chance, please add support for hat switches. Several gamepads (Interact AxisPad, Thrustmaster Dual Power, etc) are configured to treat the D-pad as a hat switch. However the ePSXe controller screen doesn't recognize input from hat switches. I can use the Thrustmaster key mapping utility for the dual power gamepad, but it still doesn't do the diagonals correctly. I can't get the Interact D-pad working at all in ePSXe.

Thanks.
  8. Badaro

Badaro I'm in despair!

Bobbi,

I think the "-noignorecmd" fixes the problem I described in this thread, when playing Persona 2.

Can someone confirm this please?

[]s Badaro
  9. sights

sights space trader

Re: Re: Additions to the help file ? Post here

....confirmed. Persona 2 now works ok like it used to (ver. 1.2.0)

...nice work Badaro :)
  10. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 &-)---|--< Staff Member

I'd like to report that MGS mdecs work fine but since MGS requires:

lewpy glide pluggin:
    framecap set to "old"

Petes gpu's:
    Use pc fps calc

to run at the correct speed, the mdecs are running too fast.. A fix is to use the ingame gpu menu options and disable the special game fix option in petes gpu or set framecap to "new" in lewpys glide pluggin during mdecs.. Then they run at the correct speed but need to be set back to the MGS settings again after the mdec..
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2002
  11. ahtze

ahtze New Member

The known bugs in Legend Of Legaia is not fixed.

There is no sound when using items like healing leaf and so on.
  12. psxyke

psxyke PSEmu PRO

For some reason, some games don't work with the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.0.
    Some examples of this problem are:
    Wipeout 3
    Vigilante 8
    ISS 2 PRO EVOLUTION
    And probably other games also :(
    Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL doesn't have this problem with these games :)
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2002
  13. Datana

Datana New Member

Breath of Fire IV sound is still buggy (XA battle sounds cut out after about a half second with the ePSXe SPU), and in addition, the game now randomly freezes when I exit from the menu (which never happened under 1.40). As someone else mentioned, XA sound in Legend of Legaia is still buggy as well.
    The walls in Dewprism are fixed now, though, and I can play PE2, so I'm happy anyway.
  14. Dobbo

Dobbo Emulation Wizard

Valkyrie Profile......
    1. Random Crashes while the game is speaking the storyline. I think I have save state pretty close to one of them. It allways happens at some spots. I'll get it tomorrow and post the save state for you Bobbi.
  15. liquid

liquid Ebichu!

Some parts of the help guide could be improved..such as the command line options...some of the options still date back to epsxe 1.2.0.
  16. zero0w

zero0w Maverick Hunter

A list of games that's not running or crashing at a certain point regardless of the plugin setting used will be useful, that repeated posting of known problems will not be required.

Also, ePSXe FAQ should be updated with those info like the one in FF9 FAQs - will be useful. Maybe hosting these game specific faq at a particular address in the NGEmu site.
  17. Hawk Phoenix

Hawk Phoenix New Member

Having a very strange bug happening that never happened before. Some of the games I've tried under ePSXe 1.50 won't allow for my Gravis Gamepad Pro PC controller to work.

Worked:
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Legend of Legaia

Didn't Work:
    Chrono Cross
    Legend of Dragoon

All of them were in iso format, and my controller is functioning perfectly. Is this a possible Direct Input bug? I'm using Direct X 8.0a.
  18. slimmyslim

slimmyslim New Member

Well almost all my games work perfect.
    Tried out Syphon Filter 3 and the game itself runs great but after a couple missions when u try to save a game over an existing game save on your memory card it saves ok but then it just freezes. Great game but dont save in the same slot to often. Also cant load the saved game that freezes.
  19. Samor

Samor Guest

Toca World Touring Cars PAL works :), but only if you apply the correct ppf patch. There are two of them circulating around the net. One of them works, the other one doesnt.

Sorry, I cant give the URL (legalty issues).
    Please let me know if its ok to provide the patch.
  20. Samor

Samor Guest

more on Toca:

while it works now, it still seems to quit in certain cases; I dont know exactly when that happens, but so far I've only enountered it before starting a race (in the menus)
    Also, replays are incorrect (car drives into wall, etc). Probably a timing issue?

Also, about Vanishing Point: the score issue remains: the goals to pass tests in stunt driver mode are still way to easy. Could perhaps be a similar timing issue as the replay-bug in Toca?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2002
  21. Bobby

Bobby supa win2k gamer

I would really love to see the cdda playback in epsxe working properly :)
    It works in 1.5.0 but in games (older games feature cdda tracks, new one's dont) like tomb raider 1 and 2 (pal uk versions) they use cdda tracks as there background music, ambient sounds, and in game cutscenes--The problem is that once a game calls for a particular cdda track to be played (say after lara picks up a secret) it will play that track (sound) but them immediatly play the next cdda track after the previous one has finished.
    This intales that all the cdda tracks of the game get played one after another (while ingame) like they would if you played them in a cd player.
    This gets really annoying cause the music is all out of place-for instance the mdec cdda tracks get played eventually and while playing ingame you can hear the mdec music-voices etc!!

I know this sounds like a big complaint but i have been waiting for this to be fixed since 1.2.0 :(
    Only a few games use cdda tracks in games but the ones that do (tomb raider 1 and 2, alien resurrection, and i think mortal kombat trilogy) become not unplayable but unenjoyable-especially tomb 1 and 2, they feature about 60 cdda tracks!!
    I have also tried all cd plugins on both win 2k and 98/me-they all playback cdda tracks but only in one continuos order/play.

One last thing the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.0. crashes with both tomb 1 and 2 (pal uk versions) once you select new game/load game. Peats cdr plugin works fine though-apart from the above cdda playback probs.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2002