Additions to the help file ? Post here

Discussion in 'ePSXe Archive' started by Bobbi, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Jinx

Jinx New Member

Koudelka still have MDEC problems across the board, the game also
    freezes from time to time due to the MDEC problem.

It would be nice to have it fixed. :emb:
  2. neversurrender

neversurrender New Member

parasite eve 2 hangs at the point when aya is inside the building.it does not stop when aya goes to caffeteria to save the civilian lady but it stops when she goes to the other route opposite to the route of caffeteria.does it hang there for anyone else?.how to fix this problem?
  3. noigear

noigear New Member

games that don't work (anymore) with 1.5.0

- Ghost in the Shell
    Hangs at intro video or at start of the game if you skip videos with epsxe 1.50, but works perfectly with epsxe 1.4.0 :confused:
    happens with every plugin and both from cd and iso
    - Gaoranger
    Hangs right from the start with 1.50 but at least shows intro with 1.40 :confused: :confused: :confused:
    - Space Battleship Yamato
    Hangs after Bandai Logo (2 seconds after the start)
    - Vib Ribbon
    Infinite loop after main menu selection (used the hang with 1.4, now it just loops the gfx forever but still plays backgroundmusic, the game never starts though). Happens with every plugin and both from cd and iso
    - Final Fantasy 8
    The only game where forcefeedback doesn't work for me :(
    (and for other people too, if you look on the messageboard for that subject)
    - Pop'n'Music 5
    Works only with about 10 fps. Every other game works with about 150 fps (Athlon 1.2Ghz/Geforce3). Tried every plugin and tried from cd and iso.
    - Masked Rider Agito
    Hangs after selecting story mode from the main menu. Everything else works.
    - Ridge Racer Type 4
    Hangs after selecting a race. Worked perfectly with 1.4.0

So much for increased compatibility.... :(:(:(
    But it's still the best PSX emu :)
    Thanks to alle the coders for their great work!
    Keep squashing bugs :smash:
  4. Hawk Phoenix

Hawk Phoenix New Member

Having a very strange bug happening that never happened before. Some of the games I've tried under ePSXe 1.50 won't allow for my Gravis Gamepad Pro PC controller to work.

Worked:
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    Legend of Legaia

Didn't Work:
    Chrono Cross
    Legend of Dragoon

All of them were in iso format, and my controller is functioning perfectly. Is this a possible Direct Input bug? I'm using Direct X 8.0a.
  5. Quickdart

Quickdart New Member

I think I found a way around that... I tried everything with different SPU's slowly going through the game loading and saving until finally at the part where Belinas first speaks, it wouldn't continue. Finally I followed mullen's (a new user here) advice and used P.E.Op.S video driver and I got right past it..... no clue why.
    maybe it's a speed issue.

PS Just in case nobody's ever heard of this bug, first it doesn't say some speech and the words come up, then when it's supposed to scroll to the next words it just doen't.... the music continues and you can use L1 to view the previosly said text but the game won't continue.

EDIT: It's not specifically getting Belinas, it's just it kept randomly locking up there, and I wasn't willing to try and get past it, I also restarted the game with Pete's Soft, it never locked up.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2002
  6. Badaro

Badaro I'm in despair!

Huumm.... interesting, thought I didn't have this problem getting Belinas. The only issue I have with this game is that it randomly freezes, althought not very often.

[]s Badaro
  7. Dobbo

Dobbo Emulation Wizard

I'm still having problems with Valkyrie Profile but it's just random crashes....I used to think that it was because I was using save states......then I started using save games and it still crashes alot. I like the game alot though. Great work to all those involved in making this game possible and those who made it work on ePSXe.
  8. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 &-)---|--< Staff Member

Ok.. Update to the MGS mdec problem I posted before..

With lewpys glide pluggin, set framecap to "hybrid".. This enables MGS to be played at the proper speed and allows the mdecs to play at the correct speed as well.. :) Thank you lewpy!! Petes pluggins still require you to disable "pc fps calc" when mdecs play..

MGS now runs perfect with lewpys glide pluggin..
  9. knightofheineke

knightofheineke New Member

there's a game freezing bug that seems to get to certain users, for now two were reported for the moment here , so maybe there is a command lione that can fix the problem and maybe all command lines could be made into a document that could be putted with other faqs such as the FF9 faq. Just a suggestion.
  10. Iceborg

Iceborg New Member

GT 2 Simulation Disc doesn´t work in the new versión. It hangs just after the warning message at the beginning. It worked flawlessly in version 1.4.0. Any suggestion to solve the problem? I´d like to play this game without loading in version 1.4.0, creating a savestate and loadin it -if it´s possible- in the new one.
  11. Ender

Ender New Member

For those who had controller problems you might want to install the new version of directX(which is 8.1) or reinstall DirectX. My DirectX SDK version reported this to be the problem with my own controller, it was fixed at once by installing the new directX. You can find DirectX at cnet.com in the game section(most popular).

Also I'd like to report that Legend of Dragoon does not startup in the begginning, but just shows a blank screen. I have been able to go to a save state and the game runs great. I have also been able to watch a mdec which played perfectly. I had my copy of LOD professionally cleaned but it still does the same thing. There is something wrong with the begginning of ALL of the discs. I've been through(I'm sure) all the threads on LOD.

I've been using Sph7502...
  12. Hawk Phoenix

Hawk Phoenix New Member

<<Also I'd like to report that Legend of Dragoon does not startup in the begginning, but just shows a blank screen. I have been able to go to a save state and the game runs great. I have also been able to watch a mdec which played perfectly. I had my copy of LOD professionally cleaned but it still does the same thing. There is something wrong with the begginning of ALL of the discs. I've been through(I'm sure) all the threads on LOD.>>

LOD is one of the most heavily copy protected psx games to date. Since ePSXe uses a psx bios to run, the antimod protection on LOD engages and stops the game from running. (I was pretty surprised to read that some people have had luck running it with 7502 bios.) If you obtain a .ppf file that removes the protection, LOD will start up no problem. If ePSXe's new auto ppf patcher works, it should be no problem using the proper .ppf patch without having to make backup copies of all the cds. :emb:
  13. skaiboy feisar

skaiboy feisar Blonde secretary needed

A mean bug that kill Crash Bandicoot1 pal. In the Temple Ruins stage the platform just after the Spider don't move. So the game can't be finished. :(

And a cdda bug in tekken1 pal that repeats the sound tracks every 10 seconds.

Destruction Derby 2 pal opcode pb just at the beginning of the race.

But the emulator is nearly perfect, only 3 of my 23 games didnt' work.
  14. Bobby

Bobby supa win2k gamer

Epsxe and CDDA

You know epsxe and games that use cd-da (compact disc digital audio) tracks really dont mix well.
    I know i'm always going on about this subject and a few titles such as Tomb Raider 1 and 2 (i use the pal uk versions) and as skaiboy feisar pointed out tekken use CD-DA tracks as there background music and ambient music.
    Epsxe seems to really not like these tracks
    The first cd-da bug ive found for example in either tomb 1 or 2 whenever you press select and enter your inventory i can hear my cd drive momentarily pause the cdda track (thats perfectly normal in tomb) but then it spins the disc up twice and then loads the inventory data-this sequence can take up to 5 seconds both entering and exiting inventory, because when you exit the inventory, my drive spins up again and returns to the game with a 2 second pause while it reads the cd-da track again!!

I dunno about anyone else with these games but it can be real annoying sometimes.

The second cd-da bug ive found is that the cd-da tracks get played in one continuos order-like if you played the disc in a cd player-this mess's up the games ambient sounds and backgrounds sounds and continuiosly loops them.
    Also when you press escape to momentarily exit to windows the cd-da tracks continue playing.

If any one has found a fix for these probs please let me know!! :)
    I would be most grateful!!
    If it is a current bug in epsxe then could one of the authors possibly acknoledge this please :):)

These are the only main errors/bugs ive found in 1.5.0.
    23 outta 25 games working perfectly cant be bad :)
    Cheers
    bobby.
  15. ahtze

ahtze New Member

just bought PSX/USB Bridge by rockfire. It support controllers of PSX and PSXII and support directX Vibration Function. It got Optional power adapter for stronger Vibration Force. I did plug it to an adapter with 9V. In the Controller setup, the vibration test is running perfect ! With the power adapter pluged, the vibration much more stronger.

Wat the problems is the vibration is too soft in any games in ePSXe. HELP !!
  16. GreenImp

GreenImp ZSNES & ePSXe Beta Tester

My ePSXe Doc

Hello. If anyone is having problems feel free to see if your game is on my doc.
    GreenImp's ePSXe Doc
    I hope it helps!
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2002
  17. skaiboy feisar

skaiboy feisar Blonde secretary needed

Some info about the tekken1 pal.
    U remember the problem? (CD track repeating itself every 10 sec?)

If u reduce the FPS, the track plays a bit longer (For with 50FPS the cdtrack plays 10 sec, with 10FPS it plays 30 sec).

The same way, if u switch from 50FPS to 80FPS (just an example), the cdtrack plays shorter (5sec instead of 10).

It's bizarre, how the graphx can influence the sound???:confused:
  18. PainKiller

PainKiller New Member

if XA sound has been enabled,PE2(ntsc/j) will stuck at several occasions,press f6 to disable it and get through the problem and press f6 again to re-enable the XA sound.
    to neversurrend:your problem has been punched,but its really a bug.
  19. EddyB43

EddyB43 Old Gaming Guy

Soul Reaver PAL (might just be the Platinum budget version) needs a patch if you get stuck at the 2 Slaugh's sucking up the souls, but it's not available in PPF format so ISOing's the only way to play.
  20. PainKiller

PainKiller New Member

here is another,in PE2(ntsc/j),when the night comes,aya can't get
    to the 2nd floor from the stairs,it will hang on the game and there is no way to solve it.fortunetly,there is a ladder on the oppsite side
    of 6th room.then...take a shower,hey wait...wao,oh,yeah!