All controls suddenly stop working in-game

Discussion in 'PCSX Discussion' started by Destrothocon, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Destrothocon

Destrothocon New Member

I just got PCSX-reloaded working on mac OSX 10.4.11 and it runs great, full speed. I just bought a logitech gamepad F310 (irrelevant info) and got it to work with the two games I d/l'd so far, metal slug X and Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Here's the problem; when I defrost a frozen state, the controls no longer work. And since you can't access the preferences menu while a game is loaded, that's that. I also reconfigured the controls to keyboard keys, and the same thing happens, in both analog and digital control modes.
    Then I tried FFT, and the keyboard and gamepad controls work up until the first turn of the first battle. Then a noise happens when I press the triangle button, and nothing further. The game keeps running, but I can't control it anymore, even though up until that point I could skip through the dialogue and everything.
    Both games are .bin files and seem to work perfectly until these problems happen.
    Any Ideas?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Destrothocon

Destrothocon New Member

Memory Card problems

I turned on the bios emulation in the preferences window instead of relying on the bios I put in the application support folder, and now Tactics works past Gafgarion's turn.

Still, when I load a game state all the controls are disabled so I can't play. That's not really a big deal, cause save states are kind of a luxury anyway, so long as saving to the (virtual) memory card works. WHICH IT DOESN'T.

When I try to save to either memory card it says "Not enough free blocks on this memory card". I've never even used this program before to save anything.
  4. YagiHige

YagiHige New Member

This is a hell of a necro, but very important answer for anyone else running into this problem.

The answer, is kinda stupid. The f5 key is well known for saving and loading. Well, in this emulator, it toggles control. PRESSING IT ONCE TURNS ALL CONTROLS OFF, pressing it again turns controls back on.

Drove myself nuts trying to figure out why it literally decided to stop accepting input whatsoever, despite new controller plugin, system restart, and the plugin accepting control mapping. Hope this helps SOMEONE.