All you'll ever need to know about No$Zoomer

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Smilley, Nov 15, 2009.

1. imlost

imlost ಠ_ಠ

You don't really need to type the complete/full/absolute path.

You can just put the stylus file inside the same folder as where your no$gba.exe and no$zoomer.exe folder, then type in the relative path after the line "CursorPath=" (ex. CursorPath=.\stylus.cur).
  2. johnblox

johnblox New Member

I have NODGA 2.6a and it works fine standalone. When I run it via NoZoomer however some of the key presses no longer work properly, Eg the Alt Key pauses the emulator when it is actually mapped to 'Button A'. I disabled all key entries in NoZoomer->Other->Key Assignments but it still fails. Any solutions (I can't use different keys as arcade stick is hardwired to emit Alt etc)

TIA
  3. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Alt was used way back in the day to select the main menu of any window that's open, it basically served to allow full navigation of the app using only the keyboard (if you you remember back in the day file menus occasionally contained menu items with underlined letters, this was because pressing Alt plus that letter provided a shortcut to that function like Alt + F to open the file menu). Most apps today no longer have this function (or well they do but it only activates when something like Alt+F is pressed not just Alt) but it seems no$zoomer does. No way to prevent it I'm afraid since it's hardcoded.
  4. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

If you set the display to fullscreen under View->Full Screen (G), you'll disable the menu field and can use Alt at leisure. To open the menu, you'll need to right-click on either screen.
  5. Black Zero

Black Zero Member

I have been using VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0 Beta 3 for GBA games since the release last decade and it have been quite a good experience.

As for NDS games I have used NO$GBA 2.6a and NO$Zoomer till fall 2011 when I switched to DeSmuME 0.9.7 which was far more superior with all the games I have.

I would like to know concerning the GBA games, would NO$GBA 2.6a and NO$Zoomer be a better choice then VisualBoyAdvance 1.8.0 Beta 3 which I use today or is VisualBoyAdvance still the more superior of the two in the GBA department?
  6. SCHUMI_4EVER

no$gba doesn't need No$Zoomer for GBA games since it emulates them far better and can increases it's own window size when running them

Personally I think VBA is still king. I've certainly never had any problems so I don't see the need to look elsewhere.
  7. Black Zero

Black Zero Member

Thanks! I guess you're right, don't fix something that's not wrong.

VBA have been and will hopefully be my loyal GBA servant for a long time to come.
  8. nanomin

nanomin New Member

I have a little problem with No$Zoomer. If I set no$gba 3d render to opengl and run no$gba alone, everything works smoothly. But when use with no$zoomer, sprite isn't displayed correctly.
    I have updated my graphic driver and directx to lastest, even change the no$zoomer render setting, but nothing solved.

p.s : anyone know other software support zooming and backing up savefile like no$zoomer ?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

you should be using the other renderer anyways
  10. Smilley

As Schumi said, the no$gba renderer works better for most games. Anyway, try deactivating any and all graphics filters and EX options and see if that helps.
    BTW, what game do you have this problem with?
  11. nanomin

nanomin New Member

I tried to use nocash render but it has some problems so i had to use opengl.
    And I have decactive all graphics fitler and ex options, but it still doesn't work :(
    btw, do you know other zooming software that support back up filesave like No$Zoomer ?

Game : Harvest Moon - Tales of Two Towns
    Here are some images of problems

When use nogba alone with opengl
    [​IMG]

Whe use with no$zoomer
    [​IMG]
  12. Smilley

I can see what your problem with that particular game and the No$ renderer is. What version of No$GBA do you have? Deactivating EX0 fixed that problem for me.
    Unfortunately, I know of no other program with savefile-dumping utility.
  13. nanomin

nanomin New Member

I've solved that problem. Thank you very much :D
    Actually I have an english localization that doesn't show EX options. When you mentioned "decactivating all other ex options", i thought it was 'noise suppresion'. But I've tried to changed to japanese interface then i found ex tab. Really sorry for bothering you :)
  14. Smilley

You can get the correct english language pack from the first post in this thread.
  15. ABAppleBanana

ABAppleBanana New Member

Hi im new to this forums and new when it comes to using no$zoomer i also have a question, i downloaded no$zoomer and followed all the instructions to extract it on the same folder as no$gba2.6a, but when i load my rom which is FFIV the colors dont work right. I tried playing it with the no$gba alone its color is normal but of course the text glitch are there so i need to use no$zoomer but like ive said the colors are destroyed when i use no$zoomer same with my other games when i try to play them using no$zoomer with no$gba but they work fine on no$gba alone, hope guys you can help thanks..
  16. Smilley

Try going to Options->Filter and deactivate the ones that are checked.
  17. talda

talda New Member

Hello, I would like some advice regarding no$zoomer. I have it in the same folder as no$gba, but when I open a game, the screen is black, and when I uncheck the "hide emulator" option, a small, non-extendable no$gba emulator appears. I would like to play the game on the larger no$zoomer screen, so what should I do? Normally I don't care about size but I have vision issues so it's hard to see with a small screen. Thanks.

@nanomin: Harvest Moon rules!
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  18. Smilley

Did you try deactivating any and all EX options? IIRC, EX0 and 1 can lead to a black starting screen. Also, make sure both No$GBA.exe and No$Zoomer.exe have admin rights. This can be a problem with Vista and Windows 7.
  19. talda

talda New Member

Thanks, it worked. But it turns out that no$zoomer is lagging my game too much, so I will stick to using no$gba with lower screen resolution to make it look bigger ;)
  20. Smilley

No$Zoomer shouldn't have an impact on the framerate, except through EXs or filters. And you might want to exclude both files from your virus-scanner, if you have active protection.