All you'll ever need to know about No$Zoomer

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Smilley, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Squall-Leonh@rt

Squall-Leonh@rt Maybe I'm a Lion

Not correct, recently microsoft has been patching the kernel to prevent it loading malformed dll's, which upx prior to 3.08 was creating as a result of missing header info
  2. krawling

krawling New Member

First things first: thank you for taking your time to help me resolve this problem. I really do appreciate it. Both of you are really knowledgeable and pretty darn awesome.

1. Upgraded both 7z and Winrar (Oddly, the winrar language turned to French). Extracted no$zoomer again, through both programs, and english still causes the option buttons to disappear when I set the language to english.

2. Deleted every other copy and re-did the same process. Same results.

I'm beginning to think it's not just the dll file that's the problem. It might be something about my computer that might be making the dll incompatible with the no$zoomer.
  3. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

It sounds as if you downloaded the file for the previous version of No$Zoomer which didn't have the options.
  4. krawling

krawling New Member

Nah, it's definitely the correct version of no$zoomer. I tested the program out with all 4 languages provided. If I manually set the language to English or German, the option features lock up. If I leave it as Spanish or Japanese, I have full access to the option features.
  5. Squall-Leonh@rt

the file i attached most certainly does have that menu.
  6. krawling

krawling New Member

I'm pretty sure your file does have the menu - it's something else that's causing it to lock up though.

The other problem I'm getting is that I don't have administrative permission to extract/move the English/German file around. I can still extract it anyway, but it won't work.

The weird thing about the permissions problem is that I already am the administrator of my computer, so I have no idea how to even handle that.
  7. SCHUMI_4EVER

You probably have UAC Disabled whilst you're in a protected system folder prevent the UAC prompt from popping up to allow you to allow the file.
  8. krawling

krawling New Member

Not completely following you on that explanation. Would you know how to fix it so UAC is enabled?
  9. Squall-Leonh@rt

of uac is disabled, elevation is no longer required in the first place schumi :|
  10. SCHUMI_4EVER

Well UAC is always enabled so unless you turned it off there's nothing to turn on and you wouldn't be asking me that question if you'd turned it off so I guess I'm wrong.
  11. krawling

krawling New Member

Still moderately confused.

Let's start with this: What is UAC, and how can I check whether it's enabled or disabled?
  12. SCHUMI_4EVER

It is...at least on Vista. Without the UAC prompt some stuff is just plain blocked, I wouldn't have this annoyance on otherwise.
  13. Squall-Leonh@rt

i think that was more an application bug and was fixed with the compatibility updates.
  14. haxatax

haxatax ******

So that means removing the DOS MZ header is no longer a valid optimization, damn!
  15. MeestaSatan

MeestaSatan New Member

So what do I need to do after dl'ng it? I try loading it up but it just has me load up my emulator then it causes it to freeze without doing anything.

My emulator plays fine without it, but it only freezes if I use Zoomer to open it.
  16. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

Do you use it with No$GBA 2.6a? The most recent version of No$GBA is 2.7a, with 2.7 being the free to download version on the official page. Neither of them are compatible with No$Zoomer, however.
  17. Nanis23

Nanis23 New Member

lol thread had no posts for a year
    Anyway,this doesn't work with 2.7a...is the person that created No$Zoomer still around?
  18. SCHUMI_4EVER

that person is a ghost from another part of the world...so I highly doubt we'll she him create more versions down the line

However again with martin working on the emulator again stuff like no$Zoomer should become superfluous down the line anyways
  19. Smilley

Smilley Hopeless Optimist

No, No$Zoomer doesn't work with any version after 2.6a.
    We have never had any contact to the developer(s) of No$Zoomer, so we don't have any information if/when No$Zoomer will be updated.
    Our own drwhojan has been tinkering with No$Zoomer, though I haven't tested his new attach file, yet.
    On the upside, Martin has taken an active interest in No$Zoomer since resuming his work on No$GBA, so he'll likely implement at least the EX fixes - or things that work even better - into his next release.
  20. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

I try to decompile the no$zoomer back to source code, they is a program called boomerang disassembler - http://boomerang.sourceforge.net/

I only seam to get the no$zoomer.exe to NO$Zoomer.c but the source might be little broken

But how ever can not disassemble attach.dll file that no$gba and no$zoomer go between usage , just crashes on disassemble , might be down to XP but not sure.

If anyone can find a better program to disassemble the attach.dll would be grate, are even make sense of the source... xd , I'm much useless at that but learning a little each time.

Attached NO$Zoomer.c can be open in note pad, and boomerang-win32-alpha-0.3.1 with needed file msvcp71.dll

Attached Files: