ATI/OpenGL driver issue

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by 22point8, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

if it is not protected via copyright i dont think so but ill look into it later and see if i can find out what the deal is with it.
  2. me myself and I

me myself and I New Member

Yes jonc2006 it was never officially released because it was canceled by a company that bought another company that had been working on it for the sake of upholding their own reputation. However, it was leaked onto the internet anyway. My question too is that of Dags.. "However, since it was a cancelled game, and Virgin Interactive no longer exists, does that still break any rules, though?"

I apologize for posting on the wrong subject. I didn't realize that when I had gone to the "Problems with games" forum that I had clicked on a subcatagory. If you would like to go to my profile, I have made my own thread on this topic and we can discuss this there.

Much thanks for checking into it jonc2006!!
  3. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

The missing things in your screenshots are exactly what I'm having with Syphon Filter right now. (See my thread in Problem with games). Do you think you can reupload the atiogl files that you posted? I want to see if it fixes it.
  4. 22point8

22point8 New Member

Those files are found in the system 32 and syswow64 folders.
  5. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

Hmmm I tried an older openGL version of ATI's drivers (Posted by you earlier in the topic), but it resulted in an error when trying to run ePSXe. :(

So much for fixing the missing Armor/Danger bar in Syphon Filter, unless you know of a way?

Edit:
    NVM FIXED IT.

Here's what I did:

1. I downloaded ATI Catalyst 9.9 from filehippo.com
    2. I chose to install to C:\ATI, so the files were extracted there, and then I canceled the installation before it actually put the older drivers in my computer.
    3. I expanded the packed .dl_ (atio6axx.dl_ and atioglxx.dl_) files to actual .dll files inside the ATI installation folder.
    4. I copied atiogldxx.dll to the main ePSXe folder, so that ePSXe uses this file instead of the 'newer' file that ATI's latest drivers have.
    5. Played Syphon Filter, and done, the Armor and Danger bar show up. Currently uploading screenshots of before and after the change.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  6. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

Thrill Kill is still copyrighted to Virgin Interactive, regardless of it being defunct.
  7. shadow94553

shadow94553 New Member

Thanks for posting how you fixed your issues. I used the same steps to fix all of my OpenGL issues that I was having with the newer ATI drivers. :D
  8. Squall-Leonhart

9. leonhartsquall

leonhartsquall New Member

I just installed catalyst but it didn't work. I couldn't find the sys 32 or syswow64 folders if thats what i needed to do. I still have the missing triangles and i did all i could figure out so really my only problem is that I don't know what folders to put the stuff in that came after the catalyst. I someone could help me find them that would be greatly appreciated
  10. eternalightwith

eternalightwith New Member

I installed ATI Driver June's edition and ran OpenGL viewer on it. Seems to me that all required features are supported.
  11. Squall-Leonhart

Failure between keyboard and chair.
  12. leonhartsquall

leonhartsquall New Member

can u tell me where to find it though?
  13. mzso

mzso New Member

Which is the lates ati opengl driver that isn't screwed up?
  14. eternalightwith

eternalightwith New Member

Don't think it was ever fixed. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Going Nvidia next round. Physic and this stupid driver issue is ridiculous
    I can' play any of my old OGL games now without graphical hash
  15. xRyudo

xRyudo Member

Follow the instructions posted in previous posts. I'm currently running on the latest drivers with no problems. All you need to do is place one of the older ATI OGL DLL (9.9 being the latest working one) files in your ePSXe folder.
  16. apex

apex Member

Yeeess!!! It worked! Kiss yourself from me xRyudo (not on a weird place though...)
  17. mzso

mzso New Member

I don't know if its just me but the new 10.9 version's opengl driver seems fine to me. At least the game I'm playing doesn't have the usual corruptions/flickering. Can anyone confirm?
  18. maurocds

maurocds Member

i have tested like 20 games these weeks and every game is perfect, from ff9 ff7 mgs gt2 rr4, re1,2,3,, dino1,2, gallerians, and many others

with latest drivers and xpsp3, ati 4830, ogl2
  19. JohnJack

JohnJack Member

I agree, Catalyst 10.9 shows no problems with my Radeon HD 4000 series card on Win7x64; I see no black triangles in FF8 anymore. The first post in this thread should be updated to mention that this issue has been fixed for DX10 cards in the latest Catalyst driver.

Strangely enough, Pete's D3D7 plugin has stopped working, however all of the other plugins (including the D3D6 plugin) still work.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  20. mrbig89

mrbig89 New Member

i'm sorry for reviving this problem that would seem resolved, but even with catalyst 10.10 , omega drivers, file copying in the epsxe directory and all the others evil stuff, i can't get rid of the black triangles when i'm on the world map in FFVIII. I've tried almost everything, even the gpubladesoft plugin which give a great enhance for the grapichs, but takes in back a lot of emulation speed, and d3d plugins are not just too fair... i'm on the verge of a nerve crisis ;(