ATI VS NVIDIA for pcsx2

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by eagzor, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagzor

eagzor New Member

I do have a 8800gt 512mb in another computer but it's such a hassle since it's water mounted deep inside and i don't want to remount the airfan if it's not worth it.

In my current rig is a radeon 4850, now i am fully aware of both their peformance in games and 3dmark and bla bla, but this question is only applied to PCSX2. Please share any experience with this one.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. bositman

bositman <b><font face="Chiller"color="#514F50" size="3"> A Contributors

Nvidia is usually better for PCSX2,mainly because they work better with the GSdx plugin (since the author uses an nvidia card it is logical).
    I never had an ATI card to give you hard facts,maybe it will work on par with its' nvidia counterpart after all
  4. tuanming

tuanming Final Fantasy XXX

The HD 4870 X2 is currently the fastest gpu. Just b/c the author have a nvidia gpu it doesn't always mean it will work best or faster on a nvidia cards ;)
  5. bositman

Yes it doesn't always mean that,but from what people say that's how it is for PCSX2.
  6. cottonvibes

cottonvibes You're already dead... Emu Author

just because the HD 4870 X2 is "currently the fastest gpu" doesn't mean it will work well with pcsx2 and gsdx ;)
  7. JEskandari

JEskandari New Member

sorry to inform you what is on the paper is not usually what you see in reality
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

but i'm fair if your game is 3DMark 06 or 3DMark Vantage HD4870x2 outperform a GTX280 Greatly
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

now you must decide you want the Expensive newer card to show other's benchmarks or older and cheaper card to play games with it.

and there are some other things to consider
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow the power consumption of Hd4870X2 is more than all the power compsution in my house ,who must pay the bill :dead:
  8. bositman

Your post is off-topic and tuanming's was partially off topic as well.This is not an nvidia vs ati fanboy/war thread and if you'll make it so you will get a warning.The person asked which will run better in pcsx2 so all that you posted is pretty useless.Keep it on topic or don't post at all
  9. eagzor

eagzor New Member

I suspected NVIDIA would favor some since i have a much slower computer on water but with the 8800GT instead and it's not much slower, and yes i'm using gsdx. Thanks for the info.
  10. marvelous

marvelous TECH MASTER

3dmark or any other game for that matter. :rolleyes:

4870x2 isn't a greatest choice for GPU considering price performance or power consumption but 280gtx is just an overpriced PCB.
  11. bositman

Great job totally ignoring me saying that anyone who makes this a fanboy war will get a warning.
    So guess what,warning for you and thread locked
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.