Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance error

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by dollhobbs, Aug 10, 2008.

1. dollhobbs

dollhobbs New Member

Menu starts fine to where you pick start game then goes to 1 or 2 player choice then freezes and loading box's last item says "bad start code 1b3, will skip stream". Does anyone know what this means?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. rainbow

rainbow Anime & jRPGs Addict

This game is listed as 'menus' only on compatibility list. U won't be able to play it on PCSX2 <at least till it gets fixed>.
  4. Mad

Mad AKA snkmad

Its not playable. :(
    You can get ingame if you disable both VU-RECs, but even so, the fps are around 1.5 and the gfx is totally messed up...
    If you use ZeroGS you get only black screen, and with gsdx only left half of the screen is displayed. You need to use software mode, making things slower...

BTW: In BG 2 you cant even go ingame, happens a supervu crash thing, and interpreter dont help here oO

Heres a screenshot to prove...
  5. dollhobbs

dollhobbs New Member

I was hoping by messing around to get it going as playing around on my PS2 slim it plays good up till the first time you leave the tavern (not underground) and the same thing happens, the skins are gone from most objects so it's not playable. Worked fine on the old PS2 just not the slim model.
  6. inuyasha.rules

inuyasha.rules New Member

well i have a fix for the "half a screen" problem in dark alliance 2, try using zeroGS 0.97.0 with the full 16bit resolution. but it hangs just after the select memory card screen, about half a second into the opening movie screen.
  7. Mad

Mad AKA snkmad

As i said, its not a gfx plugin problem, but a bug in the VU-RECĀ“s.
    The half screen bug is fixed if you use gsdx in software mode.