Best DS Emulator for PC Play?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Handhelds' started by racamill, Mar 2, 2008.

1. racamill

racamill New Member

What is the best DS emulator to play commerical games on your PC?? What are generally good system requirements to run games close to full speeds?

My Specs are :

Intel core2 duo CPU @ 1.20 GHz
    .97 GB Ram

Graphics card is Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
    Internal
    256 MB
    Mobile Intel GMAx3100

Thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Dark Mits

Dark Mits Bin newbie/n00bie

You will need a pretty fast PC to be able to play DS on full speed. My AMD X2 4600+ @ 2,4GHz is not fast enough sometimes. Unfortunately, I think that your laptop cannot do that. The 2 cores won't help you because both emulators at this point are single-threaded. I don't know if your graphics card also qualifies, someone who better knows will have to answer that.
  4. racamill

racamill New Member

Interesting; thanks for the reply.

Still, what emulator is the best one in your opinions? Even if it doesn't run at full speeds, they're still fun to mess around with!

I didn't think DS was that much more advanced than the PS1 and PS1 run perfectly on PC's in a lot of cases. I thought the DS was weaker than PS1; I guess I was wrong.
  5. mrsid

mrsid New Member

no$gba runs perfect on my pc.

I'm worried about your cpu speed and video card though, but try the emulator and see..
  6. DaStinger77

DaStinger77 New Member

Ya No$GBA runs 100% for me in most games. It isnt the system specs thats a problem its the state of the emulator that slows it down sometimes, but its always being updated and getting better all the time.
  7. ShadowPlayer

ShadowPlayer Shadow

No$gba is best NDS emulator.
  8. racamill

racamill New Member

Awesome, thanks everyone!
  9. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

Best:

no$gba
    iDeaS

Try both.. iDeaS deserves it and it will get better and better. :)
  10. jvhellraiser

jvhellraiser Member

NO$GBA 2.6a is the Best one ,the last time i play ideas my ears almost explode.
    plus ideas got issues on speed and audio most of the games run but slow.
    NO$GBA run most games at full speed for me so the winner is NO$GBA 2.6a
  11. RockmanForte

RockmanForte Rockman fan

True but iDeaS will do that one day. Please give him a praise and let Lino do his works on the project and he is doing a great job anyway. :)
  12. TheCloudOfSmoke

TheCloudOfSmoke Menthol Flavored Junior Contributor Award Winner!

:/

That's not the case with me. I have a fairly "decent" notebook and No$Gba runs fine on it at great speeds with no problem.
  13. ShadowPlayer

ShadowPlayer Shadow

I have dual-core laptop it works on 2,00GHz and it has 1,00GB of
    RAM,Graphic card is ATIRadeon X1650,I play most of games on very very high speed.
  14. Tyo

Tyo New Member

i don't think graphic card matter at the moment, since both of those emu (nocash and ideas) still runs on software rendering, though implement openGL (still via software), i've tested on both my intel GMA950 and ATI x1600XT pro, no improvement whatsoever usin emu's openGL renderer.

while dual core may not have direct effect on emulation, it sure have some effect, since you can get a single core for your emu process, and the otehr core to do othe rtask (operating system runnin process), so it still have some value, not to mention intel core 2 duo is new proc with better architecture than older.

hell, my intel core 2 duo 1.66 Ghz laptop (with intel GMA950) 1 gig of mem (667Mhz) can run no$gba even better than my intel D 3 Gigz (with that x1600XT)

but i do need to remind you, if you're using intel core 2 duo and using windows XP service pack 2, you need to install hotfix KB896256 to achieve full potential of your core 2 duo proc. that's a fix for system with multicore/proc and power management. here's the link Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features may experience decreased performance
    once i forgot to update that hotfix from microsoft after re-instaling (downgrade from vista), i find my proc are much slower than usual (heck, my no$gba almost 30% slower than usual, for game than run fullspeed). so i went to ms site and get that update, now run nicely
  15. mirage223

mirage223 New Member

totally agree with no$. my computer is 5 years old and as of 2.6 it runs at more than double the speed of any other emu i've tried. it runs as fast as my ds does. now i'm using 2.6a though.
  16. refia

refia New Member

But my laptop performs well on commerical games using No$gba 2.6