Discussion in 'Project 64 Discussion' started by Millium, Mar 10, 2008.
Currently, what is the best graphics plugin available for Project 64?
Depends on your video card primarily, and which game you are playing.
- Glide64 probably supports the most games with fewer graphical glitches right now. It supports motion blur, hardware framebuffer, and dithered alpha among others.
- Jabo's D3D8 1.6 works well with most of the popular games and has slightly lower requirements.
- Rice's Video/Glide64 can use Hi-resolution texture replacements. Rice's Video is required to play a handful of games properly and at a playable frame rate.
- Direct64 supports hardware framebuffer, dithered alpha and overscan simulation, and works well with the games it can support if you have a good enough video card.
- glN64() works very well with certain video cards that aren't so good with the other plugins that require pixel shaders.
- Jabo's D3D6 1.5.2 works well with old video cards and integrated graphics.
unfortunately there are several known issues regarding HWFBE on cards newer then the GeForce FX
i would have to say, that now, the best plugin available is Glide64 Wonder ++ with the included glide > opengl wrapper
Separate names with a comma.