Best Plugins for my setup.

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by lifeanddeath2012, Feb 18, 2017.

1. lifeanddeath2012

lifeanddeath2012 The Fox

Hey guys, I've been having the itch to replay the Spyro series and The Legend of Dragoon, well anyway, my system has changed dramatically since I last used ePSXe. If my memory serves the last rig was a Phenom II x4 3.2GHz, gtx 650ti, 4gb ram on win7 ultimate x64, using ePSXe version 1.5.0... or maybe 1.7.0 I don't remember. Well I suppose all if not most of my plugins, if I can find them, would be outdated. So my question to y'all is what would be the best plugins/settings for my setup and where to find the updated versions, specs of new computer are below.

AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (may overclock to 4.2 not sure yet)
    16 GB DDR3 2400
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Should I run ePSXe from my SSD or keep it on the Hard Disk?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

doesn't matter ssd or hdd... get epsxe 2.0.5, use internal opengl gpu and internal sound, configure to your liking ( i actually am starting to lean toward the software gpu @2x and a nice shader..looks better than hardware imho) anyway wuth those specs you shouldn't have any issues ..make sure in 2.0.5 that options cpu overclock is set to x1 or it will crash on startup
  4. lifeanddeath2012

lifeanddeath2012 The Fox

Thanks, and actually I was experiencing lag and stutter issues and was fixed by using the updated opengl
  5. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

I would keep your iso backups (unless you are using a cd drive to read the discs directly) on the hdd. There is no need to waste fast storage on them and it won't speed up anything. Keep your faster SSD for installed games/OS/and large programs that can take advantage of the difference.