Best Video plugin for epsxe?

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by Z-Overlord, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

And is color dithering good or bad? I thought it was bad yet it makes it sound good in the emu.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. escapee

escapee New Member

Depends on your system. Some require more resources than others and, on top of that, there can be compatibility issues. In other words, tell us your specs.

Dithering is good.
  4. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

lol I can run it

i7 920@4GHz
    6GB DDDR3@1.6GHz
    ATi HD5850 1GB
    X-Fi Forte Sound Card

I am just new to the epsxe scene so I don't know what plugin is good :eyemove:
  5. jonc2006

jonc2006 God of Douchebagness™

OGL2, depends on your type of graphic preferences though. some like the traditional/unenhanced look of a real psx compared to the more polished and fancy visuals the hardware based plugins like the OGL2 can produce.
  6. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

For 3D games like Jonc said OGL2 one, but for 2D/sprite games the best is peops software plugin.
  7. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

Is there any reason why Resident Evil: Survivor runs slow? Mostly in crowed areas.
  8. jonc2006

check and make sure you are not using the auto-detect setting for the VRAM amount in the video config, set it manually.

if you could post a screen shot of how you have your video plugin configured it might help us in the event what i suggested does not correct the problem.
  9. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  10. Strike105X

Btw just in case you have to write 1024 for 1 GB (cause its in mb), you probably know that but better safe then sorry :p.
  11. animaXion

animaXion New Member

sorry to come barge in in other people's thread, but can somebody tell me what video plugin works well with fraps? cuz i keep crashing epsxe when using fraps together
  12. jonc2006

nothing your settings really look odd, although you could try turning off all those texture/screen/shader filters and see if there is a change in the performance. you could also see if the same slow down occurs on plugins other than the OGL2, like the D3d or OGL1.

if it is a re-occuring issue then one of the possibilites is that the game has performance issues or other problems with the emulator itself. the other possibility is that it could be a problem that is actually present when played on a real psx too, unfortunately little can be done to correct that sort of thing.
  13. Strike105X

Set GFX card Vram manually write in the box 1024 your card is 1GB not 512 mb x.x.

Other then that i don't see any problems in your config, do other games give you the same problem ?

PS: mind sharing the source for your wallpaper ? :p

Probably some conflict on your end all pete plugins work good with fraps on my end. Is your PC powerful enough for that though ?
  14. animaXion

animaXion New Member

i'm really off-topic-ing some post, but really if this isn't useful mod may edit or delete my post

i'm running an ePSXe right? my PC spec is

Processor intel Core 2 Duo
    Nvidia GeForce 512 MB 9400GT
    1 GB RAM DDR2

so i think this should work with fraps, but it stil crash, it doesn't crash only if i try the DXD6 plugin or so... i don't really remember the name (i'm not online from my current PC)
  15. Strike105X

PC wise no problem, that must mean something else conflicts with it Fraps since it works on my end with pete's plugins. Maybe some codec can't really think of something else.
  16. jonc2006

if you could just start a new thread it would be easier for everybody to manage. you are not in trouble or anything but its kinda hard to sort out two separate problems in a single thread.
  17. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

Will do

Edit: Fraps shows it be 30fps, then drop to 20 fps :???:

Wallpaper:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6892/1249559574569.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  18. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

Not sure if you guys noticed I edited my last message soo..
  19. Princess Garnet

Princess Garnet From Love and Limerence

Wait, what about what the plug-in reports as the FPS? If it stays at 60FPS, I think I may know what the "problem" is. I made a post about this a few days back, and it may apply here.

http://forums.ngemu.com/epsxe-discussion/128272-frame-rate-tearing-problems.html#post1751868

My guess is, if FRAPS shows the actual game's (not the emulation of the system's) frame rate going down, then the real game likely did this too due to it needing to to run on that hardware. The fact that it happens on a crowded scene makes sense. Don't necessarily expect super smooth fluidity because it's "60FPS". It just may not be (and usually isn't). The frame rate of the game itself and the "FPS" of the emulation are two very different things. Most people don't know this.
  20. Z-Overlord

Z-Overlord New Member

Oh my God that sucks so bad.

And the PC version of RE: Survivor is in Korean (only released there)

Maybe if there was english subs...
  21. Tina Renee

Tina Renee New Member

I had the same issue with Resident Evil: Survivor, lagging badly in crowded areas so I went to Special Game fixes and checked Fake Subtractive Blending and noticed I didn't lag as badly but it was still annoying so after seeing this post I set my GFX card Vram to 1024 and now it works perfectly.

I know this post is a few years old but maybe it will help someone else with this issue like it helped me, thanks guys :3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.