Blog updates go here.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Raziel, Aug 11, 2005.

1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Shadow of nothing... Staff Member Moderator Emu Author

2. h4tred

h4tred New Member

What would be nice would be:

* A tutorial on multisampled framebuffer objects using framebuffer_blit/multisample
    * Screenspace Ambience Occlusion tutorials
    * A tutorial on HDR/depth of field/FBO post processing
  3. blueshogun96

Thanks for the suggestions, but I haven't learned those yet. Most of my knowledge is Direct3D oriented and I've been slacking off with both APIs lately, so as I learn things, I write a tutorial on things I learn.
  4. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

5. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

6. blueshogun96

Not too much point to it, but I started a blog to share all my crazy dreams. Some get too sensitive to post on this forum, so I blog it instead.

http://mydumbdreams.blogspot.com/
  7. Irukapooka

Irukapooka Tushy :3 Award Winner!

Hi everyone.

I have a couple questions about blogging and instead of creating a new thread, I thought that it would be appropriate to just make a post in here.

I want to start a blog. A very personal blog about things that are going on in my life that may help others that have the same physical hardships like I do.

I want a nice site to go to for blogging. What is the best blogging website? I would like to have to make a blog on a website that is very respectable. How do I set one up? Is there anything I should keep in mind while I write a blog? I also want to stay anonymous, which I'm sure that it's not hard to do.

I have read quite a few blogs over the years and this seems like a good way to keep me sane at the moment. I just have no idea what it takes to make a blog and upload it. I assume it's not a difficult task but hey, I have nothing to lose by asking you guys for your opinions on the matter.

Thank you in advance. :)
  8. IamWhatIam

IamWhatIam I has got Anatidaephobia

you can creat a google account and then go to https://www.blogger.com/start?hl=en
    and you can go on making as many blogs as you wish. The site also has a tutorial on how to do it all.

If you don't like that, try wordpress.com

Also remember blogs are not personal, your thoughts that you wish to write on the blog will be seen by just anyone on the internet. SO remember to not write your personal info "name age gender etc on the blog" so as to make it a "rants by anonymous blog"
  9. Irukapooka

Thank you hun. My boyfriend and I were talking about it today with what you were talking about. I'm going to change my name, my bf's name, family and friends. Does that work?
  10. Irukapooka

Does anyone else have any other ideas when it comes to blogging?
  11. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

wordpress.com is the better service, as its not tied to a global account like google ones (so you can have it completely separate from any other uses/sites).

animeblogger.com is specialized to generally anime/manga-related blogs, or just similar fandoms.

Livejournal used to be good too, but I have reserves about it since it did not evolve as significantly as other services.

There are 2 types of hosted services you might be wishing to consider.
    Ones like wordpress.com/animeblogger are independant, with others like efx3blogs.com being more personal, but significatly smaller (wp/ab still better IMO, as you get access to a large pool of registered commenters, and can internally keep track of other blogs).
  12. Phil

Phil Site Owner Award Winner!

You need to update your blog with car repair related stuff. And go public with your repair business, I can raise some venture capital. Are you in?
  13. ElijahTW

ElijahTW NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

I do, I was actually thinking about getting a video camera and do some car repair videos. Thing is, I'm so damn awkward on camera and terrible at explaining things.
  14. Kirby

Kirby Administrator Staff Member

No one likes this thread?

I just got fired from my mcjob. Couldn't be more happier because now I was able to focus heavily on something I'd like to do, which is repair computers. I just passed my CompTIA A+ exams Tuesday to become a certified tech. I suppose I can start looking for some kind of work now.....I'll probably try a temp agency tomorrow
  15. Phil

Phil Site Owner Award Winner!

Advertise on CL.

I never bothered with CompTia, but I heard it's a good cert to have.
  16. blueshogun96

Okay, time for me to start hijacking this thread for my own intents and purposes... to get ATTENTION!!!

Latest update: Let's play Loop-til!

It's my latest cross platform game for your PC, Mac or whatever mobile platform you prefer. If things go the way I'd like, maybe I can get it on the Wii!