Booted: DSi System Settings

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by nocash, Nov 3, 2015.

1. nocash

nocash Emu author Emu Author

dsi-booted-sysmenu.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    NGemu3 likes this.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. MT

MT Smell ya later! Contributors

Looks good! Will this improve DSi enhanced games compatibility? System Flaw? :)
  4. nocash

nocash Emu author Emu Author

Yes, that will probably improve a lot of stuff. The story behind the screenshot is that it's now possible to launch titles from within system menu, so the titles will be booted with memory and I/O ports initialized the same way as when booted on real hardware (the no$gba version supporting that isn't released yet though, it's still needing some polishing).

Gettings titles to boot via system menu was quite a nightmare: The main issue was that it refused to boot if the preceeding SDIO/wifi initialization has failed. Without SDIO logging hardware, it's been quite painful to reverse engineer the initialization flow (I guess anybody owning logging hardware could have done it 100 times faster than me).
    But anyways, the emu is now mimmicking the SDIO/wifi hardware well enough to make the system menu think to have successfully initialized it. Alongsides, I've leared loads of stuff about SD/MMC and SDIO and the Atheros BIOS and Xtensa opcodes.
    After having solved that huge problem, there have been only a few more obstacles: The SDIO/wifi MAC address (from I2C EEPROM) needs to match-up with the "normal" MAC address (from SPI FLASH). The non-installed camera devices (from alternate camera manufacturer) caused problems when not returning ACK=bad as I2C status, and the SCFG_MC register still needs some little tweaking/guessing about how it could control the NDS cart slot power supply.

And for future updates, it should be now very simple to examine the initial memory content and I/O register states (by booting titles via boot menu). So it should be soon also possible to start titles directly (by just reproducing the initial boot state without actually executing the original boot menu). And of course, it will be possible to reverse engineer all that trivial details that nobody ever cared about yet (such like the unknown bits and bytes in various files like TWLCFG0.dat).
  5. Normmatt

Normmatt New Member

I just dumped my DSiXL's nand and got it booting in no$gba 2.8b. You left in some debug message "aes key ZERO" which i need to close a fair amount to get menu booting. Any idea when the next no$gba will be released?
  6. ReyVGM

ReyVGM Member

Nocash, that's great news. Can't wait for the new version!
  7. Morocco1992

Morocco1992 New Member

Is there any chance no$gba will be able to save pocketstation games progress to the PlayStation one memory card? I tried the latest version (2.8b), but I was unable to do so.
  8. MurraySkull

MurraySkull Member

Any updates on this?
  9. Kaun

Kaun New Member

Interesting stuff! Makes me anxious for the next version.Keep up the good work,nocash!
    Jhon591 likes this.
  10. Jhon591

Jhon591 Member

Will look look forward to no$gba "2.8c" if when :)
  11. MurraySkull

MurraySkull Member

Any updates on this?