Boys, let's talk about girl's fashion.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by aerith099, Mar 18, 2004.

1. aerith099

aerith099 An old lady.

I had a thought today when I was walking home from class. An interesting one, indeed.

Around my part of the world, girls have this nasty nasty habit of going to the tanning salon to slowly kill their ski...I mean tan themselves. Anyway, I was thinking about this absurd trend, and that got me thinking about women's fashion. I don't mean specifically clothing, but make-up and hairstyles, accessories, yaddah yaddah.

If I were to describe the kind of girl that I always see getting hit on, she'd look like this: tan skin, "caramel" hair with blonde highlights, pastel eye makeup, pants that are too tight (female gut-spillage is a major epidemic around here), and let's say a nice Gap shirt. She'd look like probably 1/3 of the girls in my age group; she's just another trendy-clone.

Then I thought about the types of girls that I think are pretty, and I noticed something odd: The women I think are good-looking are actually attractive. They have good facial bone structure and carry themselves well. They're typically not these orange-skinned drones flip-flopping around the mall.

This raises an interesting question: Do you guys have any idea what is attractive? Or do you just associate the above description with girls who tend to sleep with you on the first date? Or maybe the girls described are what every other guy is dating? I don't know. Help me out here.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. PentiumPro

PentiumPro Leading the way.

I know what you mean by common clone. It's the trademark valley girl. I don't like them. They're as deep as a wading pool with a hole in it. I actually find attractive (the attractive you defined) intellectual girls facinating as they go deeper than weed or sex. So far, you appear to be one of the girls I'm talking about. Ever read "Youth in Revolt?"

I'm not mental or hitting on you or anything, but would you happen to have any other pictures of you besides the avatar? Just outta' curiosity.
  4. Takmadeus

Takmadeus Translator Translator

Hmmmmmm here goes my model of a perfect woman...... and if you come to think of it, they are not that hard t come by :p

as for the fashion victims.... well, I don't like them at all
  5. GSDragoon

GSDragoon New Member

That would be my guess. If you ask me, thet're all slutty hores. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but It usually true. They can't say it makes sence to complain it's cold, when their shirt leaves half their body exposed. :lol: A phrase I hear a lot from guys is, "Bang 'em and leave." So yes, I would agree with your first guess. *laughes at all the teen pregnancy's*
  6. XvBadBendervX

XvBadBendervX Lurker Extraordinaire

I'm not too happy with 'girls fashion' these days, seems that quite a number of girls these days think they have to 'tan', starve themselves, and get into as many relationships as possible to find the 'right person'. I'd prefer a more 'wholesome' girl to one that show's anyone and everyone every bit of her body, and I'm ridiculed for it. I refuse to speak to most of these girls, and make it clear to the ones I do that I'm completely against the way they dress/look.

Am I way off the mark here, or what? (Installing Eveerquest is consuming most of my attention :p)
  7. Rhombus

Rhombus The Moogle Assassin

If a girl is hot, she's hot. If she's hot to begin with and then does all that trendy crap she's still gonna be hot. It works the other way too - if she's not hot or outright ugly to begin with, all the fashion tips and trends aren't gonna do much to help. I think certain styles suit certain people differently... and there are very few absolute hits or misses when it comes to making a girl more attractive.

I'm NOT a big fan of tanning and that fake tanned look. As for hair, I don't care that much, but I don't like the streaks and all that "fake" look too.

I guess in general I don't like artificial methods and I like things pretty simple - I don't even like the basic stuff like makeup or nail polish either. My ex used to streak her hair despite my protests... she had nice lustrous black hair which I preferred, but oh well... she still looked good with the coloring, I just like the simple original better.
  8. stilz

stilz New Member

i prefer the traditional ones and as close to being natural (no make-ups, dyed hair, blah blah..) as possible.
  9. Kellicros

Kellicros retired Contributors

Ditto. :agree: I like a girl who would just wear whatever that would cover her up and looks good, simple makes the best as long as she doesn't look nerd. :)
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  10. ShadowDancer

ShadowDancer Heh...

For me it's simple. I like a girl with eyeliner and tight jeans. As you can tell I'm a eyes and butt guy. As long nothing is too outrageous with the hair, shoes, makeup or shirts/tops, I don't care.
  11. Kraelis

Kraelis Transcended

There is elegance in simplicity, a beautiful sense of cleanliness and purity you cannot achieve through artificial means. GSDragoon said it well. The "hot" girls as you describe often end up as toys or in bad relationships.

Similar to what GSDragoon mentioned, I phrase I hear often is that smarter guys go for girls who they'd be proud of as a wife, not as a bedroom material.
  12. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Staff Member Moderator

Well I like a woman to be a little shorter than me, Brown hair and tanned skin. (healthy glow) :p Anyways I am attrracted to those girls. I have the valley girls at my school. They are pure retarded. There are a lot of nice pretty girls though. :p Just seems the majority is dumkb in my area. Although image is important to me. Sorry but if I am not sexually attracted to someone it wouldnt last. I need that spark. I also want a great personality. There are so mnay issues with dating and finding a mate. So dont look at me like a male pig, just looking for a hot babe.
  13. bcrew1375

bcrew1375 "Insert witty title here"

Well, you asked, so here it goes:

First, I do not like dyed/streaked hair. Second, makeup is okay as long as it is not overused. For hairstyles, I've always thought "ponytails" were cute(IMO french braiding and double ponytails are just ugly.) I usually like skirts and dresses better than jeans(Maybe it's just some weird fetish, but I always thought skirts and dresses with belts were nice :p). Tanning is not really a big deal to me, I could care less. If girls want to barbecue their skin, let them. Anyway, that's want I think.
  14. GSDragoon

GSDragoon New Member

Ok, but I think she wants to know your opinion on cosmetic things like make-up, clothes, ect.
  15. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Staff Member Moderator

>>Ok, but I think she wants to know your opinion on cosmetic things like make-up, clothes, ect.

Forgot to add that part. :p

I like it when a girl will wear eyeliner, eyeshadow and some lip gloss. Nothing caked on there where you go to touch there face and end up with what looks like liquid skin on your face. :p LOL. Clothes. I like to see girls in girlie things. I like miniskirts, pants (low-rise :drool: ) and things of that nature. I am not into slutty clothes though. I wanna see something that I wouldnt be ashamed to show my parents. For hair. As long as it looks good. Processed or not. Just not whacky colors like green or blue.
  16. GALVATRON

GALVATRON evil alien robot

Things that attract me to girls:

- Looks. In detail:
    I took an online test a few months ago to determine my ideal physical type.
    Here are my results.
    The nature of the test is a series of flash pictures changing at high speed, so you have grade them by intuition because there's no time to sit there to study the differences, which are sometimes as subtle as only the same person's face with different hair color, or other minor variations.

:heh: ...What can I tell you, I'm an artist. :lol:

Things that the test results got wrong:
    I prefer blue eyes and straight hair exclusively -- no curls for my superbabies.:evil:
    I'm not especially picky about breast size. The test didn't have very many Asian or other ethnic photos, and the ones they did have were not especially attractive to my eye. I also wouldn't say that I'm particularly drawn to Hispanic girls (which the test labelled my as my ideal Type), just that the one example shown in my above results had the best bone structure. (Give me a similar girl with blue eyes and we're in heaven.:eek:nthepull)

Other things that attract me:
    - Extroverted behaviour. I don't like mousy girls.

- A songbird voice. Grating laughter greatly annoys me.

- The way they move -- body language and mannerisms. (Jenny Garth is my best example.:thumb: ) Slouchers and hyperactive motion are not welcome.

- The way they dress. (We've already discussed this.;))

If they meet those surface characteristics, next we go to intelligence and personality.

Strength in any one of these categories can make up for less-than-ideal attributes in any of the others, so don't think I'm superficial by putting appearance at the top of this list.
    The primary item where most girls quickly get scratched from my interest is in their body language, which can't be faked.
    Girls who have violent screaming temper tantrums, :rant: throw things, destroy property, and threaten bodily harm with knives are obviously disenchanting. :p
  17. Ryos

Ryos Bearsona Contributors

My definition of beauty is rather light. Personally, appearance is very far down in my list of priorities in attraction.

First and foremost a woman must be intelligent. If it's someone I don't want to talk to every day, that's just not going to work. Sex can only carry a relationship so far. :p Any shared hobbies would obviously be a plus here.

As far as appearance itself goes, I don't really care for a lot of what society defines as attractive. I don't like makeup, I don't like perfume, dresses seem unwieldy (give a girl pants and a shirt any day), I despise tanning (I've yet to run into a tanned woman who looked better after tanning than before), I don't care for piercings (even earrings) and tattoos, and the midriff showing garbage. As far as natural attributes, I admit that I have a weight limit of appearing no larger than mine - it's too hard for me to overcome such a difference. I don't really care about hair style or how "pretty" a woman is...

Of course, if it's an Asian American, this entire barometer is thrown out the window. Hahaha. :p

My idea of "perfection" is probably Rena from the Star Ocean series. Yep.
  18. Kazuya

Kazuya The seeker of perfection

I think there are two types of girls: The ones who always wear superhypermegatight clothes and the ones who have a really pretty face. Of course it will be the better if the two things are reunited in one woman. The thing here is that my perfect woman would wear clothes like that but look beautiful with whatever she puts on. Still what is really important is their conversation and stuff like that. Here in Mexico we have a saying about the girls who can't talk about anything: They have a cheeto for brain :)

A really feminin girl wont be trying to be atractive, she just is.
  19. Katsuya

Katsuya -

In Japan, there was (is) a fad much like the one you speak of Ganguro girls/ Shibuya girls

I don't really like it but some people do... here is what it looks like...

-data-

GANGURO - The trendy girls of Tokyo.
    You can find them through the entertainment districts of Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ahikabara, Roppongi or Akasaka, gathering at points where an intense buzz is reached. Their style is like no other. Its all about keeping up with the trends: the cool gets cooler.

GANGURO "look" is to have dyed blonde or brown hair, plucked eyebrows, tan skin, mini-skirt, cool shoes, "ganguro gal" are the brownskin girls, "gonguro gal" are the more deep brownskin, "Yamanba gal" is silver or white or brown hair, brown or hard-drown face, heavy makeup or panda makeup. "Yamanba gal" include "Ganguro gal" and "Gonguro gal".

-data-
  20. aerith099

aerith099 An old lady.

Girls that I find attractive (and their specific roles/time periods):
    I mean like the top of the top, here.

Miranda Otto (I'm thinking of Eowyn, but IRL she's just adorable!)
    Robin Wright (The Princess Bride)
    Mia Sara (Legend, Ferris Bueller's Day Off)
    Laura Swisher (Unscrewed on TechTV, though I think this is really a personality thing)
    Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge, Birthday Girl)
    Angelina Jolie (Hackers--she's one of the few women who looks best with short hair.)
    Kiera Knightly (And similarly, Natalie Portman)
    Rikku (Final Fantasy X-2...she's pretty cute for a bunch of ones and zeros.)
    Winona Ryder (Dracula)
    Charlize Theron (anything, really)

Attractions I don't get

Cameron Diaz
    Uma Thurman
    Britney Spears (She's a freakin' country bumpkin.)

EDIT: Katsuya, that is scary.
  21. Katsuya

Katsuya -

Well everyone is attractive in there own way...

(Nicole Kidman, "is" very pretty :emb: )

(Hitomi Nenko is also very pretty :emb: )

(uh... and Brad Pitt, is pretty.... Cool ;) )

(he's really popular in Japan)

(I Love Fight Culb!)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2004