Bug Report: Jet Grind Radio

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by Snaksolid, May 1, 2007.

1. Snaksolid

Snaksolid New Member

Works perfectly until you have to tag something.Small tags are no problem,but as soon as you have to tag anything large (where the arrow comes up and you have to follow the arrow to paint) it absolutly wont work no matter what you do.Bummer =/
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. S.SubZero

S.SubZero Windows 8 Pro

Can joy2key handle these kinds of motions? I heard about this problem before and figured the app can't do those swoopy motions properly.
  4. Snaksolid

Snaksolid New Member

It's not joytokey.I tried that and Xpadder and then I tried the keyboard itself.None of them work.
  5. Treasurefan

Treasurefan New Member

Solution

I remember playing this crappy game on chankast and actually there is a solution but it's a little annoying and makes you lose some time. When one of those tricky arrows appear just cancel your tag and then try again, the first arrows is always a simple one so you can continue your tag.

You'l have to cancel and retry each time a tricky arrow appears but when you cancel it the tag stays the way you left it so you don't have to do it all over again.
  6. S.SubZero

S.SubZero Windows 8 Pro

It may be the basic idea of using keyboard input that's causing the issue then. I don't know how these things work but I have seen conflicting reports on how accurate the keyboard can replicate a controller's particular motions.
  7. Snaksolid

Snaksolid New Member

In response to Treasure,I already tried that.It may work in Chankast but it doesn't in NullDC.
    In response to Subzero, if that is the case then the keyboard input most be dealt with soon.Looks like the DC pad needs to be emulated more accuratly.
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  8. Treasurefan

Treasurefan New Member

Oh and also i was using Jet Set Radio and not Jet Grind Radio, maybe that's the problem.
  9. gish_gish

gish_gish New Member

I have the same problem too. This problem is slightly different than the Chankast one, because even the simple direction ones don't work. However, I do recall on the real DC version that you have to use the analog stick to accomplish the tagging parts. Does NullDC emulate the analog stick part? I can't remember (not home to check).
  10. |darc|

|darc| New Member

The problem is that nullDC only emulates the analog stick with eight directions and no sense of how hard the analog stick is being pressed.

You can only press up 100%, down 100%, left 100%, right 100%, up/left 100%, up/right 100%, down/left 100%, and down/right 100%.

Jet Grind/Set Radio wants you to press something other than that (I assume it wants you to go from up 10% to up 20% to up 30% and so forth).

I tried both the PAL and NTSC-U games and I couldn't get it to work. For those of you who say it works, what region game do you have and which version?
  11. minister

minister New Member

Im got same problem my ver is 1.6
  12. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

nulldc 1.0.0 beta 1.6 has analogue support and the game is playable. 1.0.3 does not
  13. minister

minister New Member

14. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

yes it does on 1.0.0 b1.6. Are you sure you have your controller configured correctly
  15. Xiel

Xiel New Member

I have the same problem. I tried switching to NullDC 1.0.0 beta 1.6 as recommended, but still no go. I am using Xpadder. Doesnt work with either of my controllers which both have analog sticks.
  16. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

You don't need xpadder for that version it has controller support. Check your using the correct maple plugin (nulldc joystick), restart the emulator select your controller and configure your controlls.
  17. Xiel

Xiel New Member

Yep, that did it!

Thanks a lot!
  18. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

very welcome
  19. pspakias7

pspakias7 New Member

I feel the need to thank you too my friend as this was a game i had on dreamcast as a little kid but lost the cd so now iam happy to be able to play it again on Null DC. Thanks for the controller tip i also couldnt get the big tag right but your tip made it work :)