can i nkow the name of PS2 bios?

Discussion in 'Misc PS2 Discussion' started by adrian_bl, Apr 6, 2004.

1. adrian_bl

adrian_bl New Member

hello, can i know the name of ps2 bios? how u ppl get it? i mean how u extract it from ur ps2?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. CKemu

CKemu It's a Spinning Smile! Contributors

The PS2 BIOS name is different per console, for instance SCPH-10000, SCPH-39002, SCPH-34000R look at the back of your console / on your consoles box for the SCPH number, or go into your BIOS (using the console) and the version info is stored there (should be displayed on screen along with DVD driver info etc).

To get the BIOS from your console to HDD, you'd need a modchip / naplink and specilist software, I recommend using www.google.com to find more information and ps2dev.org.

Also note DO NOT ask for a URL to a BIOS, or where to get illegal copies, as you will be immediatly (without warning) banned)
  4. refraction

refraction PCSX2 Coder Contributors Award Winner!

just a hypothetical question (cos im not lame enough to ask for illegal bios links, thats just the quick way to a ban up your arse!)

If you own a PS2 say version SCPH-39002, is it still illegal to download the bios for that version of the console, even if you own it? surely if thats illegal then it would be just as illegal to copy your own off the PS2...
  5. CKemu

CKemu It's a Spinning Smile! Contributors

If you download it, your making that person distribute copyrighted sony material, thus is illegal, also by downloading material that you do not need (in the eyes of the law) and do not directly own, is also illegal. Frankly dump it yourself, even than thats kind of a grey area ;)
  6. refraction

refraction PCSX2 Coder Contributors Award Winner!

ahh i see, mind you ive read in a lot of places that emulation itself is a kind of grey area, i mean altho your could be running their proper software people have released (and you own) your not using it on thier console, its funny how its looked upon :)