Cemu - Wii U emulator

Discussion in 'Emulation News Submissions' started by aceloop, Oct 13, 2015.

1. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Tested 1.7 and the new Graphics packs are not that bad. Super Mario 3D world looks stunning at 4K and definitely destroys and dethrone my #1 artistic game Mario Galaxy 2.
  2. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Silenus likes this.
  3. @ruantec

Here my video of 1.7

4. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

What's with the blue meshes around the noses?
  5. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

I wonder how much does upping the internal res impact performance.
  6. @ruantec

Huh? don't know what you mean...

On my rig the impact in performance for upping the internal resolution is ZERO and yes you read it correctly..... ZERO but there is a huge difference in the visuals and most specially on my 4K TV :)
  7. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

Look at his nose during the scene with his sister it has a strange blue mesh around it, as does his sisters, it disappearers when your in the room with his grandma and returns to normal.
  8. @ruantec

Probably a glitch caused by the caching or compressed textures. I rarely look at that kind of things ;)
  9. @ruantec

Here another video i made playing Mario Kart 8 at 4K:

DinJerr likes this.
  10. DinJerr

DinJerr Meow Meow Meow Award Winner!

Last year they said it was highly improbable to up the resolution from 720p, then bam! this comes along. Hafta give a standing ovation to the devs.
  11. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Mario 3D World and Zelda WW look super in 4K. Don't forget to force anisotropic filtering to CEMU.
  12. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

There is something that seems off with these graphic packs here, while the quality of the image increases i am getting plenty of aliasing and the overall image is blurry as if no upscaling happened. If for example i play in dolphin 4k super mario galaxy all the edges are smooth and the image is clear while with cemu the edges have plenty of aliasing and the overall blurriness of the textures remains. So it's as if it upscales but not to 4k, can't really explain it. I play at 1080p btw.
  13. @ruantec

Thanks! almost forgot that one :)
  14. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

you can also force fxaa or smaa
  15. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

1.7.0 is the best Cemu version so far, hands down. I also noticed better FPS while testing Bayonetta and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The bad graphic quality always bothered me in Cemu, the emu author even said that increasing the internal resolution in Cemu was going to be impossible because of the way the Wii U handles the graphic so I wasn't expecting much on this matter and bam!, 1.7.0 have that issue covered with the Graphic Pack, this was one hell of a surprise, now Cemu looks better than a real Wii U because of it.

And none of you said anything regarding the Shader Cache changes so far? shame on you!, this is also another big feature. The Shader Cache is the main thing that caused most of the stuttering in Cemu and in every Cemu version you needed to re-create the Shader Cache from the beginning again, that was a pain. In 1.7.0 you can finally transfer the Shader Cache to different Pc's and different Cemu versions, thus, you will avoid most of the annoying stuttering while playing.

If none of you are aware, here you can download an updated Graphic Pack, it's being maintained by the community and it will include more games in the near future:
    https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs
    koko likes this.
  16. Mikhail000

Mikhail000 New Member

I believe this is because it only force filters the textures with filtering to the stated resolution it doesn't actually change the native output resolution, without the graphic packs it filters them at 2x instead.

Graphic pack is kind of convoluted term imo which implies it contains actual new textures drawn at higher resolution when reality it's just a texture upscaler settings file, for instance a 512x512 texture with lots of logos / writing still looks like shit no matter how much upscaling you do vs a 1024x1024 texture.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Linktothepast likes this.
  17. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

18. OminaeYu

OminaeYu Spriggan

Can anyone get cemu to recognize button input when launching through steam using a PS4 Controller? Since Steam natively supports the controller I was hoping to ditch DS4windows and the like for a stable and supported "out of the box" experience that Steam provides. (aka no more being at the whim of Microsoft or any other entity that seeks to hijack the controller therefore alleviating exclusive mode issues)

I've already set it up to mimic an Xinput controller and this is the only emulator that doesn't play nice in my experience.
  19. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

You are welcome.
    fxaa isn't good though.
  20. Silenus

Silenus Pilgrim Junior Contributor

Quote from reddit.
    Try that.
    Linktothepast likes this.