Cheat on your PSone Games with PEC

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by PecUser, Dec 24, 2006.

1. PecUser

PecUser I'm not cheating, really!

Hi, I'm new here, but I've noticed that it's hard to find a completed list of cheats for pec. The forum where this info use to be is down and has been for a while so I've noticed. So I was thinking that perhaps we could help each other get a completed list. We could post what we have and ask for what we need, a nice little community helping one another. I realize we could all do it ourselves, but if it is already completed by someone else, no need to waste time inputing the codes when we can simply cut and paste their info to our codelist. Well, think about it. Here is what I need for the rpg category. If you know of others that are not in the PEC release or not listed here, please inform me. From rpgs the skie the limit, I guess whatever you guys want to focus on. Let me know.

Items needed to help:
    PecEdit (trust me, makes it a lot easier)
    Ultra Edit (trust me, makes it a lot easier too ;))
    Patience and a bit of free time
    A love for Cheating!

Games Needed To Complete The RPG Category:
    All Final Fantasies other than 7 and up (except V)
    Legend of Legaia
    Legend of Mana
    Persona 2

Well, hopefully this will catch on and people will post their codelist.inf as well, I'd be happy :).

Also, a completed .inf of a game is what we are trying to go for. What I mean is all the wildcards included. It's a bit more tedious, but once you get the hang of it, not that bad at all. The last one I added was Tactics Ogre and it took me right at 40 minutes to complete it, and it had a good many wildcards. At any rate, ANY CONTRIBUTION is welcome, so don't feel like you can't help or donate something to the project. If there are any questions, concerning .inf editing or whatever, feel free to post the question and hopefully me or someone can help. HAPPY CHEATING! :).

LIST OF GAMES ADDED SO FAR:
    -------------------------------
    (donated by PecUser) Lunar 1 = Page 1 / Post #12
    (donated by PecUser) Parasite Eve II = Page 1 / Post #17
    (donated by PecUser) Tactics Ogre = Page 1 / Post #19
    (donated by PecUser) Grandia = Page 1 / Post #2
    (donated by PecUser) Valkyrie Profile = Page 2 / Post #33
    (donated by PecUser) Breath of Fire 4 = Page 2 / Post #39
    (donated by PecUser) Ogre Battle(ONLY IN MAIN .RAR)

(donated by babygiant) Wild Arms 2 = Page 3 / Post #49
    (donated by babygiant) Hoshigami Ruining Blue Earth = Page 4 / Post #63
    (donated by babygiant) Wild Arms 1 = Page 4 / Post #65
    (donated by babygiant) Thousand Arms = Page 4 / Post #63
    (donated by babygiant) Lunar 2-Eternal Blue Complete.rar = Page 4 / Post #65

(donated by Kokiri) Final Fantasy Tactics = Page 2 / Post #30
    (donated by kokiri) Final Fantasy V = Page 1 / Post #11
    (donated by Kokiri) Chrono Trigger = Page 2 / Post #25

(donated by bigdaddie) Soulblade / U.S & JP = Page 1 / Post #15

(donated by drakonsan) Saga Frontier I = Page 3 / Post #57
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

COMPILED DATABASE OF ALL GAMES:
    I added the names of people at the top of the .inf file who have helped with this project, as well as the games they worked on. I'll continue to update it every ten games or so.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Would have been nice if someone would have found this BEFORE I spent all that time! ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. PecUser

I was thinking, PEC has been out for a good long while. It's hard to believe that no one ever finished a complete codelist.inf with the database of cmgsccc. I never really noticed if it was ever released, I often checked the emucheat site with no luck before it's down days. Does anyone know if there was ever in all of history a completed codelist.inf file shared? If so, nevermind my above reply and upload that sucker ;). I'm afraid that one day cmgsccc may decide to stop hosting psx cheats, going the way of gameshark and such. If that was to ever happen, a completed inf would be a VERY nice thing to have. Because one thing I've noticed in my cheat'in days, it's that the guys over at cmgsccc come up with some pretty cool codes, and unique...it'd be ashame if that great cheating history was lost, don't you guys think? LOL, ok I'm tired....going to bed now.

Well it's Christmas... Here's my gift ;P

A finished Grandia code section for all of your codelists. Just cut and paste it to the end of your current codelist.inf and save.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
  4. Baato

Baato New Member

"All Final Fantasies other than 7 and up?"

since when did we find codes for FF1-6 useful for the PSX?

edit: the anthologies, got it. Boy do I feel dumb :p
  5. PecUser

:eyemove: it's ok :thumb:
  6. kokiri

kokiri Cheater!!!

on this subject, how do you import codes on the pec editor?

I would like a more complete chrono cross database, with codes from cmgsccc, but i can't figure it out!

once i do... TeH ChEaTs wil be Mine!

...and yours...

edit: If we can figure this out, we can (over a long period) get all of the psx cheats from cmgscc! 'cause the pec editor can take the codes strait from the web page.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  7. PecUser

Ok, I'm going to share this with you because then you'll owe me, and I'll have a little helper in the growth of the PEC database :innocent:

The secret is this, you save the web page on your computer. Then you import it from there. It won't work by import from their page, you'll have to save it to yours. Also, if you have any questions concerning wildcards, fill free to ask. <-- (nevermind this part, explained some at the bottom)

This isn't a perfect solution though, you'll get unwanted code in your database and will have to edit it manually. The best solution is to use notepad or word program of your choice and use the replace command. I know on a lot of the codes sometimes have a "psone" line in it. Also a extra word at the beginning, so all you do is using replace and find, highlight each section you want to replace and replace all, and what do you replace it with?? you ask.... well nothing :dead: . Doesn't take that long.

All of this isn't that complicated, but if anyone wants a walk through with examples to make this work I can write a short one. Just remember, share share share :evil: . Lunar will most likely be the next one I do. Also, I might as well cover wild cards real quick. You can't import them. However all you have to do is highlight the codes and paste into Ultra edit, I'm sure you can find a shareware version or something. Then once pasted, clean it up, such as taking out the - (again using the replace with nothing method) and just leave a space between the code and the name of the cheat.

You'll have to have a $ in front of the codes for it to be seen as a wildcard, so the trick to that is to use the replace on the Ultra edit. In the find section you type % which will take you to the front of each line. Replace with $. Bingo, you have $ in front of all the codes. Then all you do is highlight the code, open the codelist.inf file and under each wildcard code, which should end with ??, paste the section of code you just made. Save, and you're done. Grandia has a few wild cards I think in it, so if you want an example look at that one.

Ok, that should get you guys through, but if you need more help let me know.

Sorry almost forgot. For all of you with no pec manually editing experience... no spaces allowed between each line, so if it doesn't work when you try to load it, make sure you don't have spaces.
  8. kokiri

kokiri Cheater!!!

Thanks!
    Now, as you requested, I will start geting headway with Final Fantasy V.

Unfortunatly, I live in england, and at the time of posting, it is 11:19 at night, and I am tired. :dead:. very.

But I'll see how far i can get in to the codes, and continue tomorrow.

Edit:
    After Final Fantasy V, Crono Cross!

(I like rpgs too)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  9. PecUser

sounds good, but I think crono cross is already in the pec list... I could be wrong though. Are you using PAL games? If so I don't know if the codes from that site will work for you. I'm glade I got at least one person on board though :D .
  10. kokiri

kokiri Cheater!!!

I got an american PS1 at a bargain price, and i import american games.

the reason i got ePSXe was so i could play english games, but my version of Ch. Cross is american.

i will only make american codes, as more people here are american, and therefore, more people will make use of the american codes. :D

almost done with ffV!

Edit:pecuser now has corrected my mistakes. no more file here.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  11. PecUser

LOL, Ok I'll take a look. :thumb:
  12. PecUser

Ok here are the notes I made to the changes I added. The only real problems I think was the empty lines. But I changed some other things as well so I noted them.

Lines 450-456 you left - in des.

Line 535 had period after the line.

Line 550 you had $toss for the des, so I took out the $.

Line 686-687 you have . in des.

Line 1144 empty line ( think this could have been the problem)

Line 1283 empty line ( think this could have been the problem)

Line 1290 Class Mod not really defined. ?? is all that was there.
    I fixed it.

Line 2301 empty line ( think this could have been the problem)

Line 2487 empty line ( think this could have been the problem)

Line 2563 .end has empty line after it ( think this could have been the problem)
  13. PecUser

Ok, Lunar 1 is complete! Wow that took a little while, almost a meg unziped :spy:

kokiri your turn next :).
  14. PecUser

Also, I have a couple of suggestions.

1) Maybe one of the MODs can make this a sticky to help it grow faster, and maybe more people get involved.

2) The idea of requests has crossed my mind, everyone can tell me what they think about that. Though addition of a game to the database isn't hard, I know I would have liked the option of requesting a while back. (This is just an idea for now, unless more people want to get involved, in which case I don't mind doing requests from time to time.)

3) I noticed that the compiled .inf file at the top has been downloaded a lot more than the others added. So I guess about every ten games or so I can recompile and post at top, again depending on what you guys think.

Well that's pretty much it.
  15. kokiri

kokiri Cheater!!!

I'll do Chrono Trigger next.
    one question, how do you, if possible, search for blank spaces, wich cause troble?

It could cut down the correcting time by a bit, if you can.

I'm still kinda new at this...
  16. bigdaddie

bigdaddie New Member

Soul Blade NTSC

here are some for Soul Blade NTSC US
  17. PecUser

sorry, I've yet to find a way to search for blank lines, though I'm sure there is a way most likely. I normally just scroll through them, they stand out normally. If I find a way however I'll let you know.

ok, I've found the answer. You type ^p$ in the find and then replace with nothing. No more empty lines. :)
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  18. PecUser

Parasite Eve II is now completed. Enjoy!
  19. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz <font color="#FFFF00">A Blast from the Past... Junior Contributor

Haha. What a project.
    I would like a place a helping hand in this. :)

Anyway, did you look through the [pec] database?
  20. PecUser

I did look through it, so the ones I'm adding wasn't in the latest version of PEC. Also the ones I'm doing first are the ones in the rpg category. The ones listed I think are all that is left need for the rpg category. ;). I intend to get all the games though. If someone would like they could go through and compare cmgsccc to what is already in the PEC, so we know how far we have to go. I was intending to do it after I completed the ones I wanted to do first. At any rate, another helping hand is ALWAYS welcome :thumb: . Having said that, here is my next release.

Tactics Ogre! :dead:

I however require a bit of assistance with this one. All of it is completed except for the Tarot Card Modifiers. It wasn't listed on cmgsccc, the site said it would be added later. So if anyone knows the digits for this I or they can go ahead and add it so it is completely finished.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  21. kokiri

kokiri Cheater!!!

My mum is having a '3...2...1!!!' new years party. Because of this, no computer today, which is understandable.

Also, some rpgs are not complete on the pec database, E.g. Chrono cross, FFTactics, ect.

No Chrono trigger codes on Cmgsccc for psx, so, when possible, I am working on FFTactics.

When I'm done, I shall send it to Pec user, and willl continue to do this as
    1.I still have not gathered confidence in my correcting skills.
    2. He needs to compile them anyway.

I will work on this project as much a possible until school starts, and even then i will try to get work for this project done.

Bye!

Kokiri
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2006