Cheating on the PCSX2

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by Ignatio, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Ignatio

Ignatio New Member

I'm trying to enable cheats on Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories but I'm having a real tough time going about it. I have the PSX emulation cheater and I'll add Disgaea 2 to the database. That's simple but then I get down to entering codes and what's where it goes downhill. I'll look up Gameshark codes for Disgaea 2 and they'll be 16 digits long like 2A6311C1 4E729FFF. The codes that can be entered for the PSX emulation cheater can only be 12 digits long like 800A95E6 0082. So....what can I do here? I've tried CodeMaster but I've no idea how to tell what code is what type of code or how to convert it myself. I've got the game ID and the game runs fine on the emulator but I just can't crack this so can anyone help?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

you need a different program XD, plus cheating ruins the game :p
    what you have there is gameshark code, and you need hex code for PCSX2
    what you can do is find the code some how (ps Phaste 1.2) and put it into the patch for continuous 'patch' or just enter into the memory.

sorry to say this but...read the sticky on patching before you ask a question like this
  4. Ignatio

Ignatio New Member

Kay I've got the Phaste v1.20 and read the guide and it still makes little sense to me (Sorry, not the most emulator literate person). He talks about maximizing his money and using the amount he has as part of his parameter search. How can I do this for say maximizing the level of a character in my game? I'm using the PCSX2T and Phaste v1.20 and I want to find out the code to increase the level of a character in my game so how do I go about it? Can anyone give me an example for one code?
  5. Fadingz

Fadingz 代言人 Translator Junior Contributor Award Winner!

use TBL version, open phaste, snap pcsx2
    search for your charac's lvl...lvl 40 for example
    YOU ENTER 40 IN HEX NOT DEC!!
    so you would enter 28 for lvl 40 when your at the character's screen
    lvl up one more time so you get to lvl 41
    CONTINUE and DO NOT RESET the search, enter 29 for lvl 41
    find the code on the bottom right corner, change it and ehre you go

still i prefer not to use it since it defeats the whole purpose of playing games, other wise your just like watching a weird quality movie.
    well gl
  6. Castlevania-fan

Castlevania-fan New Member

i use artmoney, seems to work, i just gave myself 50k xtra gold :p and i was set.