Choas Legion (PC)

Discussion in 'PC Games Screenshots' started by Zapages, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Zapages

Zapages Prince of Persia

I just got this game... Its preaty much ok game. Its really easy on normal mode... The controls are not half as bad as they make it out to be. The camera is ok. I flew through the first 2 levels and prolouge. But level 3 is boring and somewhat cheap, so I'm playing it right now. Its good for us PC goers who don't have a console. :)
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Zer0Soul

Zer0Soul Souless Angel

I have both the ps2 version and the pc version. Aquired the ps2 version for 20 bucks and the pc for 5.50 in a bargin bin.

The sad thing is, I really just couldn't get into the game. The graphics while nice, seem reptious like the gameplay. The story made no sense by human standards with the way they presented it. The voices in the cinematics were also quite horrible.

I had expected atleast a little more from capcom. It might have been cause i was expecting Devil may cry style game and got this instead.
  4. cooliscool

cooliscool Honda - Powered by Senna

Yeah, I agree with Zer0Soul.. I have both versions.. very repetetive.. no real story, just hack and slash monsters. I too expected a bit more from Capcom. :nono:
  5. qing256

qing256 New Member

well Devil May Cry 3 is going back to its roots that might help make for the these plotless games lol
  6. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Moderator

I got this game a month ago and I've been enjoying it. It does get repetitive, like most games these days, but is enjoyable. It really is just an arcade style hack and slash that look good.

I like it. Maybe I'll post some shots later.
  7. Gabers

Gabers New Member

One problem a lot of people seem to do with action games these days is to expect something similar to Devil May Cry. When they find out it isnt as good, they immediately just give up on the game. I happened to enjoy this game because I did not go into it expecting something similar to Devil May Cry..
  8. Zer0Soul

Zer0Soul Souless Angel

It wasn't the fact it didn't play like DMC, I wanted a game of that caliber. A game with this type of game play needs more than gray stone levels. I felt it got stale beating creatures, and there was no true reward for it. (yes you could level your guardian, but I went through the game always with the same two). While it seemed they tried to make it so you'd have to wisely chose which guardian to bring with you. In the end, it just didn't feel finished. You could go into most levels hack a away and win.

The story never had any conceivable purpose or even explained itself. While, the fmv's were impressive the direction they took was not, nor was the voice acting in the American version. (The Japanese actually had over 20 more lines of speech that explained more and was better acted.)

I just felt Capcom could have put more into this to make it a truly great title. Instead, we got a .."ok" game. I'm hoping there is a sequel and things are fixed.
  9. qing256

qing256 New Member

I agree, the FMVs were just there as a distraction. As you progress through the game it really doesn't make much of a difference if how many guardians you have; you'll only stick to the ones you like or the ones you think is pratical instead of having strategically choosing certain ones.
  10. Blue Spirit

Blue Spirit Sword for hire...a Pro

/me prays for devil may cry PC port
  11. qing256

qing256 New Member

eh better luck next life time lol it wont happen.
  12. Exodus

Exodus ...and now they do.

yeah, i played the first 2 or 3 missions and uninstalled it. its boring and repetitive like the rest said. how many ways can you run around slashing things? the makers obviously think a lot.
  13. Zapages

Zapages Prince of Persia

As I'm progressing into the game, feels definately feels like a mindless hack and slack fest...
  14. qing256

qing256 New Member

this game is the same as Drakengard with flashier looking graphics XD
    Drakengard at least has a little variety (the dragon and allies) CHaos Legion has none of those its just u get a legion and thats it, no special moves! blah
  15. wright45

wright45 New Member

16. Zell

Zell The Sword Saint

Chaos Legion is just a bad copy of DMC , could have better story , BETTER GRAPHICS (even if they arn't bad) , sound was ok , and for last it was something new for the PC market .

And OxidanT as for the DMC port not in a million years , it sell's to good on ps2 by the fact it being exclusive for it .
  17. Battousai_X

Battousai_X New Member

I had fun playing the demo version of the game, but I don't know about buying it.
  18. The Captain

The Captain Crono! Wake up!

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Chaos Legion has plenty of special moves, you just need to upgrade the various legions in order to use them. For the main character some of the moves include:
    - double jump
    - counter attack (press attack exactly when you are hit)
    - lightening back flip (you can interrupt regular attacks with this; press jump when attacking)
    - head butt (press forward and attack)
    - launcher (press back and attack)
    - downward sword stab and explosion (press forward and attack while in the air)
    - flame slash (hold attack for a bit, then let go)

Arcia also has some cool moves, my favorite being her ability to lay on the ground, shoot, and roll (hold shift, press back and jump).

Drakengard, on the other hand, has almost no special attacks. In Drakengard, I easily tired of the mindless hack and slash. Chaos Legion does involve a whole lot of hacking and slashing, but there seems to be a bit more strategy involved. Maybe I just sucked at the game, but it took me a while to realize that blindly running and slashing at enemies was an easy way to get killed. True, you could go through the game with almost any legions you wanted to, but certain legions made some of the boss fights much easier. I liked how the boss fights were difficult, long, and almost epic-like.

Having said that, I think a lot of people expected a devil may cry-like game when they tried Chaos Legion. Chaos Legion had a style all its own (yes, I do like gothic stuff), and it was much more of an arcade experience. However, that does not make it a bad game.

Things I did not like about Chaos Legion:
    - leveling up Legions took WAY too long
    - you need to replay earlier levels in order to get strong enough to beat later levels (which seem a bit too difficult at first)
    - the story wasn't that great