Configuration files for popular games

Discussion in 'Problems with Games' started by Betamax, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Betamax

Betamax Resident Movie Critic Contributors

Consider this sticky an experiment ;). Please read the contents of this post rather than just blindly downloading the file at the bottom, otherwise you won't know what to do with them ;)

The file contained in the zip are auto-configure scripts for Delta 2.

To install the these files:
    1. Download and install the delta frontend from http://delta.ngemu.com
    2. Download the zip file ,and unzip the contents of this file into your c:\delta\config\psx games folder (assuming that you installed it to c:\delta)
    3. Load delta, or if it is already loaded click on the view->refresh option to load the new files.

To configure these files for your computer:
    1. From delta, click on the game's icon in the tree. Alternatively insert the game disk into your computer (This only works if the auto-configure script recognises the disks id code).
    2. Please read any notes displayed by autoconfigure. They are there for a reason.
    3. Autoconfigure will now present you with what it thinks is the most appropriate settings. Change these if you wish.
    3. (optional) Click on refine keys to confiure your joypad. If you prefer the default keyboard controls you need not do this step.
    4. Click on save settings and continue.

To run games manually using these files:
    1. Select the game you wish to run.
    2. Press the run emu button

You can also run games via inserting the cd (if the disks id code is known by the script). If you wish to use image files you will need to manually change the detected settings to speciify the image plugin and the image filename.

Configuration pack 1 (16/04/2005)

Games included:

• Ball Breakers
    • Chrono Cross
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Colin McRae
    • CoolBoarders 3
    • Crash Bandicoot
    • Crash Warped
    • Dino Crisis 2
    • Dino Crisis
    • Driver
    • FF A(4,5,6)
    • FF IX
    • FF Origins
    • FF Tactics
    • FF VII
    • FF VIII
    • FFIX
    • FFVII
    • FFVIII
    • Gran Turismo 2
    • Gran Turismo
    • Iss Pro 98
    • Marvel VS Street Fighter
    • Medievil 2
    • Medievil
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • MGS VR Missions
    • Mortal Kombat 4
    • Mortal Kombat Trilogy
    • Oddworld Abes oddessy
    • Parasite Eve 2
    • Resident Evil 2
    • Ridge Racer Type 4
    • Street Fighter Alpha 3
    • Street Fighter EX 2
    • Syphon Filter
    • Tekken 3
    • Xenogears

Finally these files are available as is. They are not optimised, but should serve as a good starting point if you want to tweak things.

Thanks to Hushy for creating a good proportion of these files, and also thanks to Kane and elly who suppiled me with settings I used to base the rest of the files on.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. jonli

jonli New Member

Hello,

I'm not sure if it's ok to reply to this thread, I didn't see no lock on it but if I'm not suppose to. I'm sorry. Just wanted to say thank you for that auto config delta. It helped me play games that I couldn't get to work like FF6 not working with controllers now works plus rumblers. Others FF7, Chrono Cross, Resident evil, etc.... all works without me having to do nothing. Great!!! Plus like the thread says it gives you an ideal of what certain configs and how it works. Try it.

Thanks
    Jonli
  4. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

thanks for the shoutout, im so flattered! :emb: but yeah...more on the way...must..stop...laziness...

but seriously folks if you have a request ill do my best to whip something up.
  5. Betamax

Ditto, although my time has been limited as of late :(.

Maybe a quick guide to create auto-config scripts is needed here too?
  6. BRILLIANT

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!

Delta crashed for me twice. Meh.
    epsxecutor, on the other hand, only got corrupted a bit...
  7. Betamax

Hmmm. As interesting as that little snippet of knowledge is, I seriously doupt it is going to prove to be all that useful in diagnosing a solution to your problem. ;)

Personally speaking, I would be very interested as to how these crashes occured. If there's a bug I'd like to get it fixed. If there's a problem with the way you are setting up delta I'd like to correct that too. So if it is not too much bother, could you please elaborate on your issues.

Of course, if you can't be arsed well then there is nothing I can realistically do. Meh.
  8. Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil Administrator Staff Member

u know I really should use this Beta :p just never got around to getting it
  9. BRILLIANT

BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!

well i can't tell exactly what the problems were because it happened some time ago, but after running delta for the first time, i clicked a few random clicks with random buttons in the general direction of the psx folder, and it froze.
    second time wasnt a crash but when i went to configure opengl2, changed the important settings to 1-2-2, set ff7/8 fix and set a flicker fix border of 3, and pressed ok, it gave out 2 errors about unsupported beta or something.... but the changes i made still saved.

i dont think both description help more than the generic ones i gave before, especially due to the terrible english i chose not to bother correcting, but meh...
  10. djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86 New Member

is better use the config file of this topic or the config file standard of delta for the psx games?
  11. fireblaster_lyz

fireblaster_lyz Is this thing on? Junior Contributor

Use the config file of this topic then ;)
  12. Hatter106

Hatter106 New Member

Erm, what is Delta, and how does it work with ePSXe?
  13. dbhankins

dbhankins New Member

Delta is a frontend for running ePSXe with a different configuration for each of your games. It runs continuously in the background and leaves an icon in your status tray. When you insert a PS1 disk into your PC, it detects that you inserted one, figures out which game it is, and starts ePSXe with the config you set up for that game.

Many people swear by it. I use ePSXeCutor instead because
    • I don't like programs that run in the background. I keep as few around as possible. Programs that have a part that runs in the background (RealOne, QuickTime, EFax, etc), I disable the background part.
    • I've ripped more than half of my PS1 disks to image files and just launch them like PC games (with a little help from ePSXeCutor). I leave the games in their book sleeves, safe from scratches.

Dan
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  14. hess

hess New Member

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd:)
  15. BloodlustNL

BloodlustNL New Member

i'm gonna try this delta stuff too ive seen some good replies cant get FFIX to work properly grrr perhaps this will work!!!!! :D
  16. hushypushy

well you have a geforce 6xxx, i'd like to direct your attention to this thread
  17. RockMan_Forte

RockMan_Forte New Member

This is a great idea! Will we be seeing more game configurations any time soon?

I've followed all these steps, and the battle swirl still won't work for my FFVII. Since everything else works perfectly, I guess I can let this slide, but does anybody have any advice for me?
  18. dbhankins

dbhankins New Member

19. hushypushy

if you have a radeon 9500 or higher, or geforce Ti 4200 or higher, you can try this config
  20. RockMan_Forte

RockMan_Forte New Member

I have pete's opengl 2.8, but I think it's useless with my system. epsxe crashes and the error messages say something about faders and whatnot.

I guess my best bet is opengl1.75, and I havent been able to find a config thread that works for me.
  21. scorp442

scorp442 New Member

I'm having a little trouble running ePSXe with delta. Whenever I choose run game in delta it says something like "the old version of epsxe could not be found, and it will use the current version". I click ok and it begins to load epsxe and then i get an error "espsxe has encountered an error and needs to shut down."

Any idea on what could be causing this?

EDIT: Seems to be working fine now, I changed one of the settings in the gfx plugin and now it works. :)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2006