configuring PSX/PS2/PS3 game pads , android...

Discussion in 'ePSXe Android Discussion' started by fatboyz, Oct 13, 2016.

1. fatboyz

fatboyz New Member

hi all, i have a bit of knowledge with emulators but this one has beaten me! ive searched the net but to no avail.. i have an MBX google box, 4.2.2 and have many other emulators working fine, but with epsxe i cant configure any game pads i have with it? ive tried my SNES usb pad and it shows up and i can configure it but when i go to play the game the directional pad doesnt work, same with my sega play game pad as well... but when i plug in my old grey PSX pad via a USB the PSX female connector the pad does not show up at all?? same with a PS2 pad i also have. i have 2 of these connectors do they need some sort of driver for the box?? also the PS3 pad connected via its own usb cable does not show as well??? any help appreciated. the version of epsxe i have is 2.0.6

many thanks
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

The psx/ps2 controller adapter soukd require driver support to work (mine did with windows) and unless you can write drivers for android odds are it won't have any for you to use.

The PS3 controller is kinda hit or miss. Some android distros work with it more or less fine and others can be made to work with it if you get some helper apps from the play store (will require root access) and some devices/android distros will not work with the PS3 gamepad no matter what you do. Not sure where your device falls in that range.

Not sure about usb controller support across different emulators (since people who use usb controllers are few and far between on android), but if you get a generic Bluetooth controller that specifically supports android I can tell you that works flawlessly with epsxe android. I use gamestop's red samurai 2 personally and it works fine on all my emulators).
  4. fatboyz

fatboyz New Member

many thanks for your reply. looking at getting the T 3 wireless bluetooth contoller. anyone have any info on these?
  5. fatboyz

fatboyz New Member

hi again. I managed to get my controller, but when I go to the Bluetooth tab on the mbx box it doesn't work?? I click the on/off tab to on and it just stays greyed out and nothing happens?? Do these boxes have Bluetooth built in?? I did pop a usb dongle in the side but to no avail ☹ and I've also done a factory reset of the box but no joy.. Is there a dongle that will work with tho box???