Converting AdriPSX saves

Discussion in 'AdriPSX Discussion' started by HunterZero, Oct 12, 2006.

1. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

adripsx mem card are separated in 15 files + a dummy file, I combine all in one file and appear 1 saved state, but the header block was wrong, I fixed it with psxmemtool 1.19b, then I converted it into a pc saved file, and the game recognized him!!
    I'll put some ss later
    I'll try to convert in another mem card

PD: sorry but my english sucks
    pd2: the game was FFVII pal sces-009.00
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Shendo

Shendo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Are those the AdriPSX savestates? Because AdriPSX doesn't support memory cards.
    What is the extension of the file (before conversion)?
  4. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

I said memory card files, the extension is .mem, and these are one for each slot (15 in total)
  5. Shendo

.mem files are memory card files for VGS not the AdriPSX.
  6. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

here are the files
    [​IMG]

this is the metod I used to unit the files
    [​IMG]

here is the file created
    [​IMG]

these are the slots apeared
    [​IMG]

I saved two times with the emurayden and copy one of the file apeared in the file created
    [​IMG]

the header block is corrupted, then I copy the header of the good save state
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and then I converted the mem in a pc mem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's clear?
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  7. Shendo

On the screenshot it says "VGS Memory Card".

Then you said that you saved with Emurayden (a hacked version of VGS which is illegal and
    it is not supported on these forums) and you posted in the AdriPSX section...

Btw: yes it is clear, i have done that before with the pal FF7 saves from .mcr file.
  8. hushypushy

hushypushy <font color=#FFFFFF><b>the only one you've ever SE Contributors

that's all well and good, but do you have any easier way?

if you make a tool that takes the AdriPSX file and poops out a save compatible with ePSXe, etc, i think you will receive some good fame. however, as it stands, your procedure is long, complex, and uses an illegal emulator. n00bs (the people who unfortunately get caught in the AdriPSX no-disc-change trap) are not going to want to go through this procedure, and I don't really feel like narrating and troubleshooting that entire series of steps. There's a lot that can go wrong.

by the way, does it work with all games?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  9. Shendo

He converted the save using PSXmemtool's built-in PSX->PC save feature.
    The games supported: FF7, FF8, THPS2, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX.

Btw: if the .mem file is only one save slot, why don't you just load the specific slot (containing FF7 save)
    and convert it to a PC save, rather than making a memorycard with that slot + free slots?
    This games don't use 2 blocks so merging is IMO unnecessary.
  10. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

I use a save file of emurayden to know how to fix the header block
    the 15 files appear in the first ss are created with the adripsx, pressing F3 activate the memory card support

because I tried and the psxmemtool don't recognize it, and looks like the file dummy.mem it's necesary

because i dont know how to make a program :laugh: :(
    illegal emulator? you say for the emurayden? I used it only because I had a memory file with the FFVII, and I only use the mem to see a correct header block
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  11. Shendo

Hm, I think i will try that... K, first stop -> downloading AdriPSX.
  12. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

this help me a lot, in junary I finish the disc 1 and I can't change the disc because I played with adripsx, now I can continue where i finished
  13. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

this work too to convert adripsx in any memory card, in the part when you convert it into a pc save, only press "save" and save it in the format you want

pd: can someone fix the errors in the translation please :D
    pd2: can some mod change the title to "convert adripsx memory card in any other" or somthing similar? :innocent:
  14. Shendo

I have one question though...
    If i make a FF7 save on the first slot i have only .mem file of that slot and dummy.mem, do i have to make 15 saves then by saving on each slot?
  15. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

mmm.... I've to say... yes! this works with only one .mem file, now I proved it and works perfectly
    and you can export the saved games to a epsxe-psxeven savestate (with the psxmemtool options :D )

later i'll try with other games, but I think it's the same, then it'll work rigth
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  16. Shendo

I made a small tool which will generate Memorycard (in .mcr format) out of the selected .mem files.
    That will help people because they won't have to make their own "join.bat".
    It also shows you the Prod code, identifier and country.

Btw: you must put the program in the memory card folder.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  17. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

just as I had thought, the header block it's still bad, but you can edit it with the PSXmemtool, the header block isn't just the product code, the identifier and the country, look this
    [​IMG]
    http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sinttulo6ad6.jpg
    and it's not necesary to export to a mcr mem type, you can save to any format supported in the PSXmemtool
    and it's not necesary to use emurayden, you can use any emulator to save a state so that you can see a correct header block, like this
    [​IMG]
    http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sinttulo8ur9.jpg
    if only I had a perfect control of the english language I would be able to do a guides or almost to give good indications
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  18. Shendo

Yeah i get what you mean, the whole header block is corrupted.

But here is the catch:
    You must fill the whole header with "00", after that you just enter the prod code, Identifier and Country and the header will be right.
    The last number in the header will be written automatically by the PSXmemtool.

Or you can get a save from www.gamefaqs.com and copy the header.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  19. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

not the whole header, but in the first line, in the hex values, there are some numbers you have to change, in the case of ffvii, in the 0 value you must put 51, in the 5 value 20, and in the 8 and 9 you have to put FF
    [​IMG]
    http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sinttulo8ur9.jpg
    for this reason its necesary a good mem card file
    and your idea to download a save to see a good header it's good
    and if there is someone interested in create a converter, he can recolect a lot of headers and create a database for the converter, but I tink is too much work :p
  20. Shendo

Update...

Oh man how wrong were we about all this stuff.
    .mem file contains all the information that is necessary to produce the valid .mcr file, there is no need to copy the header from the other save.

Let me explain this:
    Memory Card contains 16 blocks, first one containing information about the other 15 data blocks.

The reason you thought that dummy.mem was necessary is because you used it as the initial block.
    It was corrupted because that was the dummy data block, not the initial one.

The normal initial block is structured like this:
    As you can see that is easily reproduceable.

That's why i made a converter that will convert the save to .mcr, based on the data provided in .mem save.

[​IMG]

I also updated the converting guide.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  21. HunterZero

HunterZero New Member

but where is the header in the adripsx mem files then? in the first block?? I think that all the blocks are equal

pero entonces donde esta el encabezado del archivo de memoria?
    en el primer bloque? yo pense que todos eran iguales (excepto en la informacion de los avances)