Converting .bin to .mp3

Discussion in 'Software Discussion' started by Slayer9x9, May 10, 2008.

1. Slayer9x9

Slayer9x9 (^.^)v

I've searched everywhere for a program that either extracts or converts .bin to a music file.
    Anyone got any ideas?:bow:
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. cottonvibes

cottonvibes You're already dead... Emu Author

no such thing :p

.bin isn't a music file format!

.bin is usually an CD storage file similar to ISO.
    it can also be a file format used by various games.

if you're trying to convert a .bin audio CD file into MP3, first burn the .bin file using a CD burning program, and then rip the songs of the burned disk using a cd-ripping program.
  4. PCXL-Fan

PCXL-Fan Heroes Might& Magic Champ Award Winner!

or load it onto a virtual drive daemon tools or alcohol 52-120% and do what cotton said.
  5. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

Better use two software instead of one,,,to avoid some bad data decoding,,,
    1- To convert from BIN to WAV (I don't really remumber but something like videostudio (something that can handle BIN format-too lazy too search).
    2- To convert from WAV to MP3 (sound forge is the best).
  6. cottonvibes

i don't think you'll be able to find a .bin to .wav format.

like i said, .bin is usually a CD image file format.

so its not a music file.

PCXL-fan's suggestion is also good if you don't want to burn the file on a cd.
  7. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

Look into Isobuster. Open images then extract files that appear.
  8. karas81

karas81 .:Enigmatic Protagonist:.

well if I'm thinking very well, even the thread is about SOUND_DATA, and I geuss, the BIN ones he gots and trying to talk about are streams of video+sound (or just a complicated sound), in which he wants to rip sound out of it,,,,or else he might specify more?§
    Last edited: May 10, 2008
  9. runawayprisoner

runawayprisoner Level 9998

.bin is universal for anything... binary. :p (hence... "bin")

Anyway, it depends on what kind of file that is. Better way to do it is hex edit the file, then look for an audio header. It'll tell you what format the file is, where its data starts and where the data ends. You can then use the hex editor to extract the data chunk (and the header) out into another file, and that file would be the sound file you're looking for. (oh yeah, and you still need to fix the header in the new sound file)
  10. Slayer9x9

Slayer9x9 (^.^)v

Well, Devil May Cry 3 SE pc's "sound" folder has music in .bin format. I can play them with VLC, but i need to find a way to make mp3's out of them...
    I'll look into your guys' suggestions.:D
  11. Hard core Rikki

MFaudio could be at least equally cool for that, but Psound isn't that bad either.
    I'll see into this BIN thing, I got DMC:SE sitting somewhere...
  12. cottonvibes

interesting that its able to play the music.

a .bin file in a game can be anything, you're not garanteed that its a standard sound/music file.

if they already work though, why not copy the music from the CD, and just store them on your HDD.

and just forget about converting them, since they already work.
  13. PCXL-Fan

PCXL-Fan Heroes Might& Magic Champ Award Winner!

If you've ever taken a minute or 2 to make your own cue file its contents will be different if it is a redbook audio disk vs a data disk. It reads the cue file, and that will tell whether it is a data disk, or audio cd.
  14. ElijahTW

ElijahTW Need more coffee. Award Winner!

It should be possible to play them Using VLC, and record it using Audacity.
  15. runawayprisoner

runawayprisoner Level 9998

Just as I thought. That means the bin file itself may have an audio header? In which case, open up the file, read what the header has to say about the file format, and change the file name accordingly. Or you can try some MP3 encoders that... takes in anything and automatically scans for audio headers for you. Lame XP might be a good one for the job.
  16. Slayer9x9

Slayer9x9 (^.^)v

Yah, I would do that, though the quality would be degraded some bit, no?

Srry to ask, but how would I read the header? Also, I'll look into the Lame XP thing...
  17. Hard core Rikki

yuo could use a hex or binary editor and open the file (even in notepad if you prefer). check first 128 bytes in the file. paste here for identification.

Lame XP doesnt do much if anything. For conversions, MediaCoder and Besweet are the real deal.
  18. NexXxus

NexXxus it'se miku!

in those .bin should be one or more ogg's/wav's if i remember correctly.
    so thats why vlc can play it.
  19. Anatasia

Anatasia 越南にて

Tha's what I think about.Maybe just simply rename the extension to OGG or WAV or use something like GSpot to regconize the codecs.Doesn't need to know what is the header.
  20. Rufoo

Rufoo New Member

Certain Konami titles (and select others) use .BIN files as their method of music storage to which PSF Central has a wonderful little proggy called VB2RIP which extracts .wav information from .BIN files.

You can obtain the file from Neill Corlett's site - VB2rip - Neill Corlett's Home Page

Despite the main page only listing a few titles, many are actually supported. Worked fine when I wanted to get the soundtrack from the BIN files on my Castlevania: Curse of Darkness PS2.

EDIT: And before the fanboys go for the jugular, I am well aware DMC3 is a Capcom title.
  21. Anatasia

Anatasia 越南にて

This is PC version and the sound file is an OGG extension.And all he needs is a software to convert OGG to MP3.Your suggestion maybe can apply in PS2 field.