Could not read the data.

Discussion in 'No$GBA Discussion' started by Neotechno, May 18, 2007.

1. Neotechno

Neotechno New Member

Every NDS ROM I load say this: Could not read the data.Turn the power off and reinsert the game card.

I know it isn't the ROM problem since I can load them correctly in other emulators.By the way, the game load fine at first but when it's supposed to show the menu it does the error.

Help... :(

[​IMG]
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. sigmax

sigmax New Member

You got to set a save type and save look at the image (NDS cardtridge)

[​IMG]
  4. Neotechno

Neotechno New Member

5. ShakirMole

ShakirMole The Alpha and Omega

u can get save types for many sites but i recommend the irc channel in my sig
  6. Slipknot

Slipknot New Member

i have the settings just like the pic above, and i saved them, but when i try to run a rom it tells me that the rom image has crashed, do u have idea of what im doing wrong? because i dont think is because im using vista :(
  7. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

you need to encrypt the games using eNDryptS...but that does not work in Vista...try NDStool...although I have no clue how that works as I can use eNDryptS just fine.
  8. Slipknot

Slipknot New Member

ok my friend google told me i needed some files, and i got them, the game i can see the logo but after clicking to start the game it crashes again :(

this are the files that i have, do i have to delete some, or i just have to change the settings until i get it to work?

[​IMG]

thank you so much to all of you for your help :) :bow: :thumb:
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

Your game is not encrypted...or possibly it's one which is not supported...there are a few which crash regardless..
    You have to use NDStool to encrypt the game.

Edit:
    Wait a second...if you select start cratridge directly then you don't need to encrypt anymore. It's just my personal perference to do so. So just set you emulator to load the cartridge directly.
  10. Slipknot

Slipknot New Member

ok thank you man you have help me A LOT :thumb: i will try both ways, i will try encrypting the games and loading the games directly.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :thumb: :thumb: :bow:
  11. SCHUMI_4EVER

You're Welcome =)
  12. Abantao

Abantao Our Pride to finish games

this kid got alot of way to walk, same way with me, but why does encrypting some games needed?

I don't encrypt any game on my collection and it runs fine, try changing your settings reset/start entrypoint = its crashs most of the game, try to trun it off.
  13. Slipknot

Slipknot New Member

what are u mean by turning off the reset/start entrypoint ?
  14. SCHUMI_4EVER

He meant as I said to set it to start the cartridge directly.

I just choose to start from the firmware...for which I need the games encrypted.
  15. ShakirMole

ShakirMole The Alpha and Omega

it helps to have encrypted roms on emus like no$ because save type is not auto and maybe while loading the save it would corrupt it and u don't like that.
  16. xtrishax

xtrishax New Member

I have the same problem, but reading through all this is getting me confused!
    The game worked fine up until the first save, then when I went to turn it on again and load up the game it came up with the error 'could not read data'
    What do I need to do?
    Please help! :(
  17. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

I would suggest go create a new thread.

In No$gba, there's the Options. In it, you can set your save types. Those are formats used by the game. Set it, in order to play.
  18. D1M1TR1

D1M1TR1 Lurker, pretty much...

Your first smart move should've been checking in the stickied FAQ, instead of bumping a thread from 2007 without enough knowledge to understand all the complex stuff in it (especially because there was no FAQ at the time)... :p