Couldn't find anything on the site about this...

Discussion in 'ePSXe Discussion' started by produce, Apr 1, 2017.

1. produce

produce New Member

I couldn't find this in the search. Is the current ePSXe compatible with the bin.ecm and ape files? I just got back into emulation and all I've seen is old posts of long strenuous conversion methods. Do they work now without having to convert games?
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. dpence

dpence New Member

ECM works, never tried APE
  4. produce

produce New Member

ya a bunch of games come with ape files that I've read on other forums....need to be converted with a ECM tool and a Ape converter etc etc. Just wondering if all that is still necessary.
  5. produce

produce New Member

Any1? Seems like this would be a pretty common question.... Do i gotta convert the Ape files still or not?
  6. acdbrn2000

acdbrn2000 New Member

ePSXe supports the next iso formats:

Bin/Cue
    Multi-Bin/Cue
    Img/Ccd
    Iso/2336 Iso/2352
    Mdf/Mds 1.0
    Pbp and Pbp multi-disc (non-encrypted)
    Nrg
    Cdi
    Ecm

ePSXe non-supported rom formats:

Compressed formats 7z/zip/rar/Z (Use an uncompressing tool)
    Bin+Ape/Cue multi-file (Use pakkiso on PC, and virtualdaemon+isobuster to dump to bin/cue format)

--------------------------------

That being said the actual answer to your question is to just rerip you own legally purchased games into a more standard format in the first place and then you woukd not need to worry.
  7. drakonolus

drakonolus Member

Hi you there.

The ECM / APE formats are an a kind of compressed files. You need the ECM Tools and PakkISO programs on to decompress those files.

How to install:
    First install ECM Tools, and then install PakkISO. Grab those ECM / APE files and they will uncompressed.

As for recommendation: Do not uncompress the file that it got the Ecm / Ape Files inside there yet. First to do; create an a Folder file with the same name as the Rar / zip / 7z ( whatever ) and then put the file inside there. With your Mouse / right click search for UnpakkISO option. It will make your day.

For the ECM files, normally some users compress those Isos files ( bins / imgs ) using that option, because it helps on to make a little more thinner the file size.
    The APE Format. Is for compressing the Audio / Bin files that it got already on a CD files.

With this ECM Tools you can even uncompress the Rar and specially the 7z files much better and more efficient, rather than to use the original programs itself.

It's a real very useful program. Highly recommended, i used it for years, and i'm still using it. And very usefull for the Playstation emulation stuff ........
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017