Daemon Tools 4.03, mounting NRG and ISO files

Discussion in 'Chankast Discussion' started by Rydium-41, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Rydium-41

Rydium-41 New Member

When using Daemon Tools 4.03, we can mount NRG files and ISO files, right?

But here's the thing:

When we mount a .NRG file, it doesn't show up in the selected drive.
    Example, if we mount a game on [H:] and go to Explorer, the name of the game doesn't show up in the H: drive.

However, when we mount an ISO file, the name correctly shows up in the corresponding drive and we can access it in explorer.

But, in Chankast, when we have the ISO file mounted and we select 'Play' an error says : "Please insert game disc".

On the contrary, when we have the .NRG file mounted and we select 'Play', it loads but fades to black and returns to the chankast bios screen.

Why is this so? When we have the .NRG file mounted, shouldn't the insert disc error come and when we have the ISO file mounted, the game should work?

What kind of file does Chankast_Alpha25 need in order to play that game?

(Not asking where to get the file, but simply what kind of file is required. If this thread seems inappropriate, close it if necessary).
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

Well, I use the .CDI files:D I never used ISO or NRG
  4. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

on chankast
  5. Rydium-41

Rydium-41 New Member

So if I have the ISO or NRG form of the file, it is possible to convert it to .CDI format, right?
    Which will work in Chankast 25 Alpha.
  6. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

you can covert NRG to CDI;) Use daemon tools, mount the nrg image, use alcohol 120 to burn it from the virtual drive or make a cd image from the virtual drive.
  7. Rydium-41

Rydium-41 New Member

I understood the convert NRG to CDI by Using daemon tools and mounting the nrg image but I can't seem to understand the rest.

Can you please explain in more detail?

Thanks.
    -Rydium41
  8. GarryRice72435

GarryRice72435 New Member

From what I heard, Daemon Tools can't mount .nrg files properly and converting DC files is very dangerous as it can damage the image....but if I'm wrong, you learn from your mistakes lol.
  9. JKKDARK

JKKDARK New Member

This thread is a little old..