dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin files

Discussion in 'nullDC Discussion' started by Silver Hammer, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer New Member

I'm new to the forum and emulators in general (only interested in them because I'm too broke to buy a used Dreamcast and I miss Power Stone 2) so forgive me if this is unacceptable but would any one mind sending me the dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin files? The readme says to get them from my Dreamcast console but I don't have a Dreamcast anymore... thats why I want to emulate it. So yea if this is out of line (didn't see any similar threads) let me know but I got nothing on Google so I figured I might as well give it a shot.

Just read the rules (probably should before I posted) and it says no requests for ROMs and BIOS. I know ROMs are what you use to play games in emulators but I'm not really sure what BIOS are so if I requested them I'm sorry I did not know. If I'm not breaking the rules I'd appreciate replies and if I am please don't ban me as I have no idea if I broke a rule. oO
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. thepunisher

thepunisher New Member

hate to break it to ya but dc_boot.bin and dc_flash.bin are bios files.
  4. Mr. Duck Sauce

Mr. Duck Sauce New Member

You should get banned because people who break not just rules but laws should not be here.
  5. bobrocks95

bobrocks95 NGemu Award Winner Award Winner!

You do not need a degree in law to figure this one out
    you=no dreamcast
    dreamcast=BIOS
    computer=dreamcast emulation

The computer needs the BIOS from the dreamcast in order to both emulate it and prove that you own a dreamcast. You were going to attempt to emulate a dreamcast while not actually owning it. This is obviously thievery, as you are taking money from shops that may be selling (used) dreamcasts.
  6. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer New Member

I understand that I won't be getting those files and I'm sorry I made this thread but what's the point of emulating a system you already own? If I still had a Dreamcast why would I need to emulate it?
  7. NamesSolidSnake

NamesSolidSnake nullDC

He DOES have a point...

Hehe :heh:

BTW, I DO own a Dreamcast, just that the laser is kinda screwy now...
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  8. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r <font color="#e41b17"><b>EX-Administrator</b></fon Contributors

Ok. I'm closing this, pleople read the rules, you can dump you own bios from you console.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.