Demul v0.5.6 out!

Discussion in 'Emulation News Submissions' started by Stranno, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Stranno

Stranno Member

Source

VIDEO-TEST

NAOMI (CART BASED)

18 Wheeler : American Pro Trucker ( Sega , 2001 )

NOTE: Steering wheel is emuated (check service mode) but truck doesnt turn ingame, so its unplayable. Also it has some GFX errors and music/SFX stop randomly (sound multi-threading used)

Airline Pilots ( SEGA , 1999 )

NOTE: You need to select '31Khz' on 'Config' > 'Naomi', otherwise it will give you the corresponding error. It runs slow on my system, this is not standar Naomi cart, it runs on 4 Naomi boards hardware

Airline Pilots Deluxe ( SEGA , 1999 )

NOTE: You need to select '31Khz' on 'Config' > 'Naomi', otherwise it will give you the corresponding error. It runs slow on my system, this is not standar Naomi cart, it runs on 4 Naomi boards hardware

Crazy Taxi ( SEGA , 1999 )

Guilty Gear XX #Reload ( Sammy , 2003 )

Gun Survivor 2 : Biohazard Code Veronica ( Capcom , 2001 )

Jambo! Safari ( SEGA , 1999 )

NOTE: Most of actions are mapped in PLAYER 1 controls BUT 'rope lever' is mapped on PLAYER 2 'Digital' UP/DOWN, otherwise it will not work

NAOMI (GD-ROM BASED)

Dynamite Deka EX ( Sega , 2006 )

NOTE: As 'demul official compat guide' says, this game is unplayable. Well, you can reach ingame, controls are ok and there's sound but ... most of graphics are totally messed up and characters looks like Sillent Hill monsters. Use 'TransformZ' option to show more hud. Intro crash and most of fighting are black screen, the main character (blue-jacked man) show more fights than the other women

Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta ( G.rev / Gulti / 2008 )

NOTE: In machine BIOS (System Assignments) change player number to 1P and screen orientation to vertical, otherwise it will give you both errors

Radilgy ( Milestone , 2005 )

ATOMISWAVE

Demolish Fist ( Dimps , 2003 )

Dolphin Blue ( Sammy , 2003 )

NOTE: Sound seems to get off after first BOSS, it could be an 'audio-multi-threading' related problem (maybe)

Extreme Hunting ( Sammy , 2005 )

NOTE: Follow exactly the same steps as 'Sports Shooting US'. When you reach the 'calibration screen' you have to center mouse (no squares this time) and shoot. Then press 'Service' button twice. Easier :thumb:. Graphics could not be as accurate as non-graphic/sound-plugin-multithreading options

Extreme Hunting 2 ( Sega , 2006 )

NOTE: Same thing as 'Extreme Hunting'

Fist of the North Star ( Arc System Works , 2005 )

Guilty Gear Isuka ( Sammy , 2004 )

Knights Of Valour : The Seven Spirits ( IGS , 2004 )

Net Select Keiba Victory Furlong ( Sammy , 2005 )

NOTE: It doesnt work, i mean, it doesnt pass-throught the title screen. This game had been focused on online mode so is not playable on Demul (Demul netplay and this-game netplay are not the same thing)

Ranger Mission ( Sammy , 2004 )

NOTE: Follow exactly the same steps as 'Sports Shooting US'. When you reach the 'calibration screen' you have to center mouse (no squares this time) and shoot. Then press 'Service' button twice. Easier

Salary Man Kintaro ( Yuki Enterprise , 2000 )

NOTE: I havent played this game in real arcade so i'm not sure but it seems that most of graphics are corrupt. I belive that the background is a video, but doesnt displayed ingame, and many other things. I only show you 1 of 3 mini-games bcoz i dont know how to play them (there's an automatic mode anyway)

Sports Shooting USA ( Sammy , 2003 )

NOTE: In order to use the lightgun you need to calibrate the gun. In order to do this go to 'Game Pad' options and map 'Service' and 'Test'. In Atomiswave 'Joy 1' configure controls and in Atomiswave 'Joy 4' (yeah, 4) you need to configure controls also. Start the game, let it begin and press 'Test' button. Using 'Test' button (again) navigate to 'I/O Test', then press 'Service' button. Press 'Left' button with mouse on the screen and press again in all 3 squares to calibrate. When it ask for '2P Gun' just press 4 times in 'Joy 4 "SHOOT 1"' button. Navigate (with test button) to exit and you got it (you can change dispswitches also). Anyway is quite hard to select options with lightgun. Ingame: With 'Left' button on mouse you shoot and pressing 'Left' and 'Right' button at the same time you reload

The Rumble Fish ( Sammy , 2004 )

The King of Fighters NeoWave ( SNK , 2004 )

NOTE: DONT use 'graphic multi-threading', otherwise game will be sometimes corrupt and framerate will speed up A LOT, it will be unplayable. In 'no-multithreading' graphics seems to be OK (minnor glitches) but some sounds doesnt ear and other does (wthout 'sound-multi-threading')

DOWNLOADS

* Demul 0.5.6 32bit (64-bit isnt ready YET) + NetBlade 0.42 (Kaillera Plugin) + SSE2 Graphic Plugins
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. @ruantec

@ruantec Crazy GFX coder Emu Author

Awesome release!!!

it seems like a lot of things were changed since the last build specially in the inis and the way it works but the thing that got my attention is the fact that audio is working a lot better now. also videos finally show up!!! in fact i had to do a couple of changes to my app in order to make it work again due to the heavy changes.

One thing bothers me tho.. and that's the ugly commandline window that show up with the Emulator but other than that.... Good job to the team ;)

here few screenies:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  4. OminaeYu

OminaeYu Spriggan

And the download is where?
  5. sergitox29

sergitox29 New Member

this realise its just great!
    unfortunately, the stages of shun vanessa and aoi are still slow, but the naomi emulation overall improved a lot!
    here are some of my tests

virtua fighter 4, evo and final tuned: works great but as in the 0.5.5 realise, some stages dont go over the 20 fps like shun vanessa and aoi, aniway you can play and win the game
    virtua striker 3: the 2nd player textures in the first match are missing, some slowdowns, but you can play and win the game
    beach spikers: now the camera movement works properly(great update!) some slowdowns, everything ok
    virtua striker 2k2: this game its the onlyone from naomi that crashes in the intro, or after the first or second match, some teams cant be selected (some devs say its a badump i really dont know what is missing)
    jambo safari: strange slowdowns in the character screen, random crashes but you can play the game
    18 wheeler: you cant turn left or right but you can play
    cannon spike/gun spike: works great, and dont crash!
    house of the dead 2: works great! check transform z to load correctly the textures
    giant gram: works great! (wolf and jeffry from the virtua fighter series are playable in this game)
    sega tetris: works great! this game has great backgrounds and music
    crazy taxi: works perfect!
    initial d arcade stage: works great! but afther the first race the game crashes :/

all the games from above run at a constantly 60 fps despite some of them that suffers from slowdowns in specifiques situations like in some stages from the virtua fighter 4 series

well thats some of my tests, please ask me if you want me to test another game
    btw i would want to know why that stages of virtua fighter 4 are so slow and if it will be corrected in a future realise
  6. dr emu (madmax)

dr emu (madmax) dr emulator (madmax)

here ya go demul 0.5.6

A small update - a set of graphical plugins compiled with SSE2 optimization.
    demul-gpu-sse2.rar

direct from emu russia

enjoy :thumb:
  7. Mr. Fabulous

Mr. Fabulous New Member

I get the slowdowns in vf4 final tuned only on levels making use of water graphics, like the one with the boats. The other levels are solid 60 fps. Naomi 2 is getting closer to fully playable games, and naomi is fully playable. Great release!:thumb:
  8. sergitox29

sergitox29 New Member

yip thats right, i have asked CaH4e3 for this and he answered this

"some stages of vf4 are using render to texture feature to
    render water reflections,
    this is apparently doubles data flow and number of render to the one
    frame, so they significatnly slow.
    maybe some day we well optimize or just fix it somehow..."

btw do soemone has more than 30 fps with spawn? all the naomi games go to fullspeed but this one its lock at that framerate. and naomi 2 in virtua fighter 4 its working abit slower than the o.5.5 realise (5 fps less)
  9. twister71

twister71 New Member

I've noticed that F8 key does not work to enter on fullscreen mode, only the ALT+ENTER combination, at the same time to exit from fullscreen modality I can use only ALT+F4 to force it, is this right?
  10. Neville007

Neville007 New Member

I can't download it... can anyone upload the emulator and the updated SSE2 plugins to some public server?

Oh, and we are going to need updated DATs for ClrMAMEPro and RomCenter.
  11. dr emu (madmax)

err wtf,oO it's the 5th post down direct from the source :???::thumb:
  12. Neville007

Neville007 New Member

13. Stranno

Stranno Member

Updated with new videos, new hints for games and 3 'oficial' downloads that have been uploaded to 'oficial' thread
  14. legend100

legend100 Member

Can't wait for Scud Race to be playable!!! Screw trying to use Mame for that. Now, Mame does play the game well currently (just really slow) so hopefully its not too long before demul gets to that point.
  15. kidaware

kidaware New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2010
  16. sergitox29

sergitox29 New Member

this may be off topic, but so many memories go in my mind playing the arcade version of house of the dead 2,
    so many thanks i would want to give to the demul team ::cry:
  17. Mr. Fabulous

Mr. Fabulous New Member

I know it. Just played some a little while ago. I also recommend lupin the shooting. Fun game.
  18. chris-007

chris-007 -

No matter what I try I'm always getting an "Unable to load" error.
    Isn't 1GB RAM enough (WinXP)?
  19. NGboo

NGboo New Member

Does anybody else have sound problems?
    I tried several games and they work in full speed, but the sound is all scratchy. :(
  20. twister71

twister71 New Member

Virtua Tennis seems to have some missing background music, otherwise the graphic is almost perfect and works better using gpuDXv3 video plugin, is this the same for anyone?
  21. dr emu (madmax)

i kept getting that until i entered the demul.ini and entered netPlay.dll next to net =

so it looks like this net = netPlay.dll
    hope that helps
    also the romset has changed :thumb: