Desmume 0.9.8. released

Discussion in 'Emulation News Submissions' started by Linktothepast, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Linktothepast

Linktothepast Deus ex machina

Yes, it’s been a while since the last release, but we haven’t been completely idle. There’s a brand new top shelf Cocoa frontend to make life far more pleasant for OSX users, and a host of compatibility fixes.

Changelog
    Source
    http://desmume.org/2012/04/09/desmume-0-9-8-released/
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

I like this emu a lot, cool to see an update ^^.
  4. Cid Highwind

Cid Highwind The Hunter

Awesome, it's the DS emulator I've been using for some time now whenever I'd want to play a DS game.
  5. Nokiaman

Nokiaman Member

Amazing DS emu. I've used a lot of other DS emus and this one is the best IMO.
  6. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Yay, just when I was beginning to think they too had gotten over DS emulation leaving the scene effectively dead. Looks like quite a big list changes too though considering how well DeSmuME already worked before I'm not sure how much will filter through to the end user but it's still good to see anyways.
  7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

HOLY CRAP! Way to go, DeSmuMe team!
  8. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Only reason I wont use then any time soon is that my pc is far to weak to run it considering ht specs are up there with the other heavy emulators such as PCSX2 and Dolphin. Once I get a new pc I will be giving this one a shot again. Currently use No$GBA for ds emulation becuase it runs a lot better for me then this emulator does.
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

Technically not true since DeSmuME will run fine on a decently clocked dual core CPU. Dolphin and PCSX2 however can lag even on a quad-core overclocked system.

Might be the same as far as your situation goes but it's very far from the same thing.
  10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer Fluffy Animal Admirer

Just glad someone compiled an x64 CPU version.
  11. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

SCHUMI I am still running a intel penitum dualcore E2180 at 2ghz so yeah for for me its the same either way
  12. xZabuzax

xZabuzax Member

This release is so much better than the previous version, i can feel a speed up in the games i tried, and games with streaming audio playback like:

"Elite Beat Agents"
    "Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan-(J)"
    "Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan - 2-(J)"

Plays at full speed now on my machine, you need to set frame skipping to 1 and set the audio to "Synchronous" in the audio setting since that's the one specially for streaming audio.

Also setting frame skipping to 1 helped most of the games i tried and i hardly see any skipping at all (compared to version 0.9.7, which was slow as hell and skipping a LOT!).

There's a bug in "Tales of Innocence" if you set frame skip to 1 tho, the screen gets all shaky and part of the screen gets distorted and move to different places.

-Final verdict:

This version blows 0.9.7 out of the water and i recomend it to anyone, while 0.9.8 is still slower than "no$gba 2.6a" it is much better and faster than 0.9.7.
  13. DJoneK

DJoneK New Member

This version is awesome.. My PC is not up to speed to run it 100%, but I did try the AVI recording and OMG, games are recorded glitch free, silky smooth. Even though it slows down my PC down to a crawl, it still records beautifully. Can't wait to try this out in the future with a smoking rig.
  14. Butz_san

Butz_san DeSmuME user :D

Great emu, it's awesome to see an update :)
  15. MasterMario

MasterMario New Member

i have a problem i hope you can help me
    when I open a game on 0.9.8 i can hear the sound but my screen is white
    please help me