Dev question about MBC7 (Rumble)

Discussion in 'Visualboy Advance Discussion' started by Spacy, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Spacy

Spacy VBA 2 developer Emu Author

Hi, i'm referring to gbMemory.cpp.

For what exactly is the "sk" member in "gbDataMBC7.sk" and what's the meaning of this abbreviation, because this one is the only member with a ?? as comment.

Thanks for any replies.

by the way:
    does any one have some tech docs for the gb mono/pocket/color ?
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Forgotten

Forgotten Emu author Emu Author

Unknown is exactly the current description. You can find some docs in the internet. Just need to search a bit.
  4. Tauwasser

Tauwasser New Member

Hey Forgotten,

it was me who was actually looking for info on MBC7. I looked for any info regarding MBC7 all afternoon yesterday and some time today, too. Even looked thru sources in the CVS-Repository. Then I asked Spacy about this, because he knows the source - and he posted here for some more info. So anyways, yeah, I cannot seem to find any tech doc about it :/ Also I'm trying to find some stuff on MBC4 (is it special? what can it do? stuff like that) as well as if there is a MBC6 (since I assume they're numbered in order). So yeah I would appreciate any help and info on MBC4, MBC7 and possibly MBC6 (if it exists at all).

EDIT: Oh yeah, with google I did find out that some emulators are supporting that mbc7, but still I'm looking for more than that :[

cYa,

Tauwasser
  5. Forgotten

Forgotten Emu author Emu Author

MBC 7 is some Japanese thing and I don't remember much documentation at the time. I don't remember where it came from.

The Internet is your best friend if you want to learn about. Just curious why you are trying to learn about that stuff. There should be plently of information on most types, I just don't remember anymore as I didn't do much with the GB emulation once I started the GBA emulation.
  6. Tauwasser

Tauwasser New Member

Well I'm just curious as to what the good ol' gameboy is capable of. And since many emulators seem to supports MBC7 and MBC4 it would make for some pretty good roms. Well it's mostly that as well as the seeming need to be documented in one place rather than in bits and pieces somewhere around the net.
    Still haven't found anything but emulators that "now" support MBC7 with google :[ Not even the gbdev pages or gbwebring pages have one uniform documentation. I'm aware that mostly MBC3 and MBC5 are used. But for the sake of knowing I wanna know about the others too xD

cYa,

Tauwasser