Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Game/Console Discussion' started by Lasnap, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Lasnap

Lasnap Elven-Dragon Mage

Hmm not sure why people havent been posting about all the Diablo 3 News that has come out in the past week alone. HEres something that should help get that started.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/unicornda-day-dawns-new-info#more-4331

If you check the rest of the news posts there you can get a feel for what has been happening lately. Y?ou can also get far more info from the other news articles as well.

Heres a video from the conference they had that was leading up to the large info barrage.

2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Hard core Rikki

Hard core Rikki Super Moderator Staff Member Award Winner!

4. Dynamo

Dynamo Unrelenting

There has been some talk going on in the random gaming talk thread about it, some of the changes I'm not sure on but I like the stat changes and how the runes are going to work this time. Still not sure about the skill changes or the auction house but sounds like I'd have to try it to really understand the changes. Constant online connection is stupid, bad ISP's or connection issues on the bnet side will drop you in SP (which d2 had a lot of problems with), and hopefully the security (the warden) won't hinder legit player like it does in d2 as well.
  5. Exodus

Exodus ...and now they do.

While I'm not a fan of the constant online for SP, let's be realistic. This type of game is best played with others as it tends to be more fun. Compare this to other MMOs or something like Guild Wars, and we see D3 is no different.

Modding is obviously along the same line. I personally don't care about modding.
  6. Thanakil

Thanakil Wheee Award Winner!

Exactly how many D2 players can name more than 2 mod for the game? I would expect a lot of "Median XL" followed by "uh...hmm...".
    There's definitely quite a few mods for D2, some of them very good, but the truth is that D2 was far from being known for them.

Either players complain about D3 being TOO different from D2 (almost every single change), or they complain about it not being different enough (no mods).
    Can't win.
  7. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

After Wings of Liberty was anyone really expecting anything else from Blizzard than always online?
  8. Thanakil

You could play offline, the game simply didn't give you any achievements if you did (which people don't really care that much about). You could still play the Single-Player part of the game and against the AI as long as you went online once to authenticate the game.
  9. SCHUMI_4EVER

Oh. I'd understood it as you always having to be on Battle.net....guess I could look into Wings of Liberty afterall sometime then.
  10. Thanakil

Pretty much every news website report the game as needing a connection to play the game, and I really don't know why. I played the game offline and a google search confirms the game as being playable offline as long as you go online once first. Maybe it was just laziness or confusion on the part of the journos.

The meat of the game still comes from the multiplayer part tho, which is true for most of Blizzard's games. Unless they finally reduce the price of Starcraft 2 (hasn't happened yet, as far as I know) you may not get your money's worth out of the single-player.
  11. SCHUMI_4EVER

It had a $10 drop here just because the stores were frustrated to be sitting on it so long and just wanting to move the stock but yeah that's still a little too much. Still it's been moved from the mental game ignore list to the watch the price list.
  12. Phil

Phil 339.9 Award Winner!

Meh. I still have to play the first two.
  13. Hyuga

Hyuga Calming silence...

I'm fine with no mods (don't even care about Fallout, Oblivion and Dragon Age mods to be honest) but constant online requirement is a no sale for me. Talk whatever you want Exodus but there are some people who enjoy playing Diablo on their own and forcing them to be online for that is stupid. I refused to get AC2 and Brotherhood for the same reason. I won't even begin how many times I got disconnected from Battle.net while playing D2 to the point I stopped playing it online altogether.
  14. Mad

Mad AKA snkmad

Yeah if it's online only, i probably won't get it anymore.

I intend to play on my free time i have on University, and the wifi connection here isn't the best, and drops a few times.
    I don't imagine myself being in the middle of the game, and having to go back to town everytime it looses connection to internet, while playing solo...
  15. Dynamo

Dynamo Unrelenting

I wasn't a huge fan of d2 mods either. I played a hardmode mod once that was decent but other than that the plain game seemed to be the best. The auction system is what really concerns me, probably just promote farming groups that control the market.. They'll probably have to make the item lists a bit more diverse compared to D2 with this auction system, don't want everyone trying to get the same few items.
  16. dirtbag

dirtbag New Member

+1
    I hope people pirate this out of pure spite...
  17. Spyhop

Spyhop New Member

Complaining that Diablo 3 needs an always-on internet connection is like complaining that Bad Company 2 requires one too. It's primarily an online game. The whole idea behind it is that you're going to be playing it online with other people. Sure, you'll probably knock out the single player campaign in a week, but after that, it's gonna be all MP. How is always-on connectivity requirements a problem? If your connection drops you'll lose the game anyway.
  18. Strike105X

Strike105X ヒットハード&高速 Award Winner!

^Its mainly because of the standards set by the previous two diablo games. many people expected some good single player gameplay (well i liked the story to, it wasn't complex but it was great) and an actual single player experience where you aren't constrained by nothing except personal time.
  19. Dynamo

Dynamo Unrelenting

People would just rather that not happen while playing single player. Hopefully the connection loss issue will be fixed compared to how bad it can be with D2. I was hoping they changed how hardcore characters were affected by this, people will still need to monitor there ping or end up with a permanently dead character or eventually a hack to drop connection early before your frozen in lag.
  20. Exodus

Exodus ...and now they do.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'd much prefer to have single player as offline. But D3 is geared towards the multiplayer. And it wouldn't surprise me if the hardest difficulty, once again, ignores the fact that you're playing in single player, so it'd be a tough run-through anyways. But yes. I'd prefer offline, but I won't write off the game because of it. And AC2 is different since it's sole intent was to be a single player game.

Of course they will. But it won't be as easy as usual. Server emulation will have to be used as characters are normally saved on bnet's servers.

I would hope there'd be big improvements with the coming of bnet2 and all that.
  21. Radix865

Radix865 Tentacular

The more I hear about D3, the less I like it...

I played D2 mostly offline(as well as Titan Quest, a D2 clone:lol:), multiplayer only with a friend on LAN because I just can't stand most people... I also have a connection that will cut itself from time to time(happened today again, lost about 200 mb of download:( I guess I should just stop using DDL's.) so if it requires constant connection I doubt it's playable for me, unless it crackable:evil:.

And no mods? (Why not!?!oO) Sure I didn't need any in D2 but development in games has been going downhill nowdays when they publish games half finished so the chance of doing so would be nice, but it's the least of the worries I have right now...

Not going to give up on it until I actually see what comes out, but right now my expectations are very low.