Disabling Gameshark/codebreaker codes?

Discussion in 'VBA-M Discussion' started by red_user, Mar 22, 2012.

1. red_user

red_user New Member

I was able to successfully input cheat codes for Pokemon Fire Red. I used the rare candy and masterball cheat and saved when the codes were active.

I've closed the program, rest and cleared all the codes before I started the game but when I open my saved game, the cheats are still active and giving me errors.

Can anyone help? How do I deactivate the codes?

Thanks in advance.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

save states keep the state of the codes as well

You have to deactivate the codes and then make an ingame save and then your have to restart the game (make sure automatic save state loading is off) and continue the game from the start menu and then the codes should have stopped their effect.

However in the case of codes where you have given yourself items those items would be permanent, the code would dissppear but the items would remain unless they just temporarily the line in the bag (can't remember if that's the case for these games but it did apply to some).
  4. red_user

red_user New Member

How do I deactivate the codes?

I run VBA on a mac before I start up the game I check the gameshark/codebreaker codes and they're all empty.
    Does that mean it's deactivated?
  5. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

I'm afraid I don't have experience with the mac version so I don't know what it might do differently.