Disc Combining Kits

Discussion in 'Misc PSX Discussion' started by shalma, Feb 10, 2009.

1. psykoako

psykoako GreyKnightJusticar

I've managed it to work, but had to change something and there was some magic that happened lol, well here's what happened:

followed the instructions til the patching part, but I was getting the missing file error from the cd2dvd.bat "missing slusp012.06 file"

So I've checked and found out that Cd1 folder didn't contain the file and it was in Cd2 folder!! *facepalm* I've mistakenly rename the bin images!

So I tried messing about with the cd2dvd.bat

originally:
    Code:
    SET FILE_1=SLUSP012.06

move "..\cd1\%FILE_1%" ".\"
    cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-cdrom.txt %FILE_1%
    cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-swap.txt %FILE_1%
    move "%FILE_1%" "..\cd1"

Change to:

Code:
    SET FILE_1=SLUSP012.06

move "..\cd2\%FILE_1%" ".\"
    cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-cdrom.txt %FILE_1%
    cd2dvd_patcher dw7-slus-swap.txt %FILE_1%
    move "%FILE_1%" "..\cd1"

Then poof the patch worked, and built the bin/image, I got the same size as the read me and ran it via epsxeshark. File > Run ISO. It loaded disc one so far, then I've opened the memory card which contained disc 2 save file, then it said "Please wait..." and viola it loaded the game on disc 2..

Now I don't know what happened or how I manage to fix it, Twas 4am +8GMT at that time lol. Now I've deleted the created file and is trying to re-create the process LOL...

*sorry for the wall of text*

Psy~~

EDIT: I MAJORLY FAIL at reading the instructions LMAO.... *face palm* sorry IT was 4am when I was doing this, now I got IT! LOL..
    After patching move cd2 contents to merge folder first THEN cd1 lol...

Sorry for my epic fail.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  2. retrofreak

retrofreak New Member

thanks for this..
  3. vam_dicky

vam_dicky New Member

Great work with Parasite EVE ~~~ thx alot
  4. bickman14

bickman14 New Member

Thanks for this great thread and apps :thumb:

I could sucessfully combine my MGS and Driver 2, but I still have a problem, it seems that the command line for running the ePSXe_dvd5 + ISO file has changed from the original ePSXe.

When I use the same command line in my .bat file that works with ePSXe in ePSXe_DVD5 it fails and prompt a windows saying it could not locate upx.exe

My .bat file for ePSXe 1.7 is like this now:

"C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ePSXe.exe" -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause

How it should be to work with ePSXe_dvd5?? I know I should point the path to the new executable but it doesnt load the upx.exe :???:
  5. squallz

squallz New Member

Try adding cd /d C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ at the beginning of the bat file. It should be able to find upx.exe then.
  6. bickman14

bickman14 New Member

Thanks for your help squallz :thumb:

I've tried this:

cd /"C:\ePSXe.1.7.0" "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ePSXe_dvd5.exe" -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause

but it didnt work, it says that something is write wrong or something else, the upx.exe is in the same folder as ePSXe_dvd5.exe :hdbash:

I don't know nothing about command lines programing and stuff, this .bat file I'm using is a copy from another topic from here, but I need to make this work 'cause I'm going to use the emulator in a front end. :(

Could you please give me an example of how it should look like the new .bat file with your suggestion? 'cause probally it didnt work 'cause I dont know how to add de command
  7. squallz

squallz New Member

It should look like this:

Code:
    cd /d "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0"

ePSXe_dvd5.exe -nogui -noauto -bios "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\bios\SCPH-1001.bin" -slowboot -loadbin "C:\ePSXe.1.7.0\ISOS\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426]\Crash Team Racing [SCUS-94426].bin"

pause
    If it doesn't work, please copy the whole error message so we can help you better. (Press Control+C at the error message dialog and then paste it here.)
  8. bickman14

bickman14 New Member

Thank you soo much squallz, it worked like a charm :D
  9. pusasboy_2

pusasboy_2 New Member

By chance, would anyone happen to have a backup of Shalma's "revised" Chrono Cross kit? The link's expired, and with Shalma listed as a "discontinued" user on these forums, I don't think I can very well approach them about it. :(

Or was it ONLY the splitoff.exe which was infected before, in which case you could just compile Shalma's code there into a complete executable file? I am not at all versed in programming and, thus, can't tell based off the code alone (wouldn't know how to compile it even if I did, unfortunately).
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  10. MiniSpoon

MiniSpoon New Member

11. Some Chump

Some Chump New Member

Will the ePSXe_dvd5.exe be update to work with ePSXe v1.8?
  12. Hawk07

Hawk07 New Member

Is true, maybe shalma will need update the version. :D
  13. nico21000

nico21000 New Member

Problem with Policenauts kit : the final iso is unusable (well, at least with the english translated game)

The iso rebuilding process messes with LBAs and doesn't include 2 files that are created during the merging process : SYSTEM1.CNF and SYSTEM2.CNF.

I rebuilt a proper iso with UltraIso and by selecting the "PSX CD" data type.

Works like a charm under epsxe 1.7.0 and 1.8.0 although some videos have very few tiny non-persistent glitches (nearly unnoticeable). I don't know if it's a video plugin problem or if the original japanese game already had them.
  14. Hawk07

Hawk07 New Member

I hope a merge kit for Arc the Lad 3.

Greetings.
  15. Some Chump

Some Chump New Member

The link for the kits is dead.
  16. doctorballs

doctorballs New Member

Does anyone have a mirror of any of these? Can't get hold of the Final Fantasy kits anywhere now!
  17. MiniSpoon

MiniSpoon New Member

I have them here. Enjoy!
    doctorballs likes this.
  18. Carmax91

Carmax91 Member

oh thanks!
  19. maxstyle

maxstyle New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  20. maxstyle

maxstyle New Member

I need Covert Ops Nucklear Down kit. Fear Effect 2 kit has problem. I can't convert vcd after I patched it.