Discussion: Would it be nice to emulate games at 1/2x and 1/4x speeds?

Discussion in 'DeSmuME Discussion' started by tom_mai78101, Feb 28, 2010.

1. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

Here's the Feature Request artifact.

Just want to discuss if emulating games at that speed (as an option) is nice or not.

There are some games that require fast reflexes on the touch screen and button pressing.

Notable ones are Pokemon Ranger series, Mega Man Star Force series, and WarioWare series.

When played in these speeds, it will be easier to play the game without having to mess around with mouse clicks and button mashing in a tight frenzy. A major problem for the button mashing is that there are times computers can't detect the key presses that fast, and goes into a jam (like pressing "z", "x", "c" keys at the same time).
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

In other words you want to cheat :p
  4. D1M1TR1

D1M1TR1 Lurker, pretty much...

You can already change the max speed in DeSmuME 0.9.5. Go to Config->Hotkey Config and look at the "Increase Speed" and "Decrease Speed" fields for the keys you need to use ('=' and '-').
    Personally, I mapped the numpad's "+" and "-" keys to these functions, and assigned the "Toggle Rasteizer" function to something else in order to avoid conflicts.

You can also use the gamepad buttons as hotkeys, as long as emulation isn't paused...
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  5. tom_mai78101

tom_mai78101 No$gba Philospher

Oh, that I didn't realize.

Thank you! I will have to close the artifact that I created.
  6. Reaper420

Reaper420 Got Weed?

I'd like that for Sonic Chronicles. All the tapping and sliding is starting to get really annoying, and my characters are kinda gimped if I give them all the insta-move chao. Ought to be a bit easier now.