Disgaea 2

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by blackmajik13, Feb 18, 2008.

1. blackmajik13

blackmajik13 New Member

Hello, i just got the emulator to work and started playing the allmighty :bow: Disgaea 2...
    It works fine, but after i get into the running around and fighting parts of the game the FPS drop to 20 or so, and i also have vertical lines running through the screen when i move the character. My set up is:
    CPU: 3.2 GHz
    Ram: 1G DDR2
    Graphics: ATi Radeon x1600 Pro 512MB DDR
    If im missing some info let me know, id like to play this game at a decent FPS rate if its possable with my setup. Thanks in advance.:thumb:

edit: I looked around and saw this same thread a couple days ago and now i cant find it anywere, so if this is a repeat thread im sorry.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. deimios

deimios New Member

Please post the Graphic plugin (Gsdx,Zerogs) that you use and it's settings.
    Also if you can the type of processor you use.
    3.2Ghz single core is probably a Pentium 4 which is a bit too slow to play disgaea 2.
    Try disabling filters in your graphics plugin.
  4. Tsuska

Tsuska Pulse

Actually ur rig works fine...it will be a bit slow though but it should be fine to play Disgaea 2. Just make sure u use Gsdx 1.1 (or was it 1.0)
  5. blackmajik13

blackmajik13 New Member

ahhh

I use ZeroGS KOSMOS no SSE 0.97.0, when i use GSdx9 it brings my FPS down to 6-10 and cant play with the screen maximized, any other graphics setting and i get an error. I accidently clicked interlace and now even when i click it off it wont stay off, and now my screen wiggles all the time when playing. I also downloaded the newest GSdx version to no avail.
    Also i found if i go to the PCSX menu, it totally freezes any game completely and i have to restart the emulator. I also cant get the memory cards to work at all, but relize that save state works fine, i just wanted to get some save games from gamefaq to see what these guys are like at lvl 9999.

edit: ignore memory card thing, i think i figured it out. :D
    Edit more: I just found the latest version of GSdx and it runs tits now. But still its like super de-duper tiny heheh, but its acceptable. PS sorry for all the edits lol.
  6. WillzZz

WillzZz New Member

edit: Fixed it with a new version of gsdx~
  7. deimios

deimios New Member

You can resize the window you know. I never ever played disgaea 2 in fullscreen (mostly because it never worked or because the interlacing *****ed it up).