Does G4 suck nowadays? Or does it just suck?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by blueshogun96, Mar 23, 2008.

?

G4?

1. It's not a channel anymore...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's gay...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's VERY gay...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Whoever changed G4 needs to just choke up and die...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I still watch it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. G4? Never heard of it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. blueshogun96

blueshogun96 Last Xbox Emu Author Moderator Emu Author

Not sure how many countries get this channel, but...

My favourite network has gone downhill faster than an inexperienced noob snowboarder tumbling down the snowy mountain running into almost every rock and tree in his path. Where have all the good TV shows (that actually have to do with gaming) gone?? The only one left is X-Play, and it sucked from the beginning, but now it just sucks twice as bad. I used to watch this channel every damn day watching my favourite shows that actually pertain to video games both present and classic. Now they just show bulls@#% shows that have nothing to do with gaming... wtf? I don't even watch it anymore because all the s@#% they show is either lame as hell, or isn't on-topic. How sad, G4 went from kick-ass to suck-ass, tear-ass to drag-ass, and b@#%&in' to flicken! Now TV is hardly worth watching (in US)... same old bulls@#% over and over again. Sorry, I just had to get all that off my chest today. Anyone else? Comments?

2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. catz

catz New Member

Its true, I used to love it(back when it was TechTV) now I hate it, all garbage as you said.
  4. ElijahTW

ElijahTW Need more coffee. Award Winner!

TechTV was the best. I remember watching it when I was 11, It really got me into computers alot more.

G4 isn't terrible, but I Don't like it

I still watch cops on it on occasion though...
  5. Razor Blade

Razor Blade Locked and Loaded Moderator

Oh man I miss TechTV :( Yea, with my Satellite package I get G4, which I haven't really watched since the begining of the G4-Tech TV merger. I tried watching it on and off for about a week and my eyes bled o_O

It's seriously sooo Lame! The only half-decent show is Attack of the Show, but that can get repetitive after watching a few episodes. I rather watch a podcast or something.
  6. cottonvibes

cottonvibes You're already dead... Emu Author

yeah techTV pwned!!!
    patrick and leo on the screen savers!!!

and there was this guy that had a show, that couldn't stop laughing. ROFL!!
    one time, he spent like 10 minutes laughing and had to cut to a commercial.
    that guy was the best tv host ever!

and yeah i totally agree, xPlay sucks ass; and it always has!
    i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought that.
  7. Razor Blade

I used to like X-Play before Morgan Webb became a little 'celebrity' and got all full of herself. Now Adam has to try so hard to steal the spotlight :p

Yea The Screen Savers rocked too, in Canada we still get Leo Laporte's show, bah I forget the name, but he can be pretty damn annoying :lol:
  8. cottonvibes

on the screensavers, there was a guy named yoshi that always did some cool mod.
    that was the best part of the show.
  9. PCXL-Fan

PCXL-Fan Heroes Might& Magic Champ Award Winner!

Yes Screensavers ....I cry for those days.... I have about a dozen episodes I captured with my old computers tv tuner.

Now there is Revision 3 and The lab With Leo. Leo has kinda lost his edge though... he used to be kinda charismatic...now...now hes just an annoying fat greying old man. He needs a level headed co-host like Patrick besdie him.

I still get G4 if only for Lab With leo...But damn kevin and Attack of the Show must end... same with the crap that is X-Play....the joke writing is pathetic on that show.

I wish I got ninja warrior in canada. That looks half decent although that has nothing to do with tech.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  10. cottonvibes

ninja warrior is good. but it gets repetitive since its just the same thing over and over.

i havn't watched Leo's new show, didn't know he lost his edge :(
  11. Project Epsilon

Project Epsilon Is it a dream...

I thought g4 sucked ever since it became g4... the other day i was watching some screensavers on youtube... god i loved that show... i used to just turn on techtv in the afternoon after school and thats where the channel would stay for the night... sigh... god i miss those days...
  12. catz

catz New Member

I used to watch TechTV all day, Morgan Webb used to be on one of the other shows too if I recall and I didn't dislike her as much as I do now, XPlay is garbage and to me adam is its only redeeming quality making the show survivable for 30mins. I thought the fusion of computer tech and video games would make for one god awesome channel but I was wrong.
  13. cottonvibes

no you're right, it would make an awsome channel. its just that the dumbasses at G4 and techTV messed it up.

if they get real gamers and stuff, instead of these guys that try and act the part, it would be cool.

they need to get the true gamers that play the classics and underground games... i've never seen x-Play review Persona 3 or a Dynasty Warriors game...

they always just talk about Crysis or perhaps some football game... or some other mainstream game that everyones already heard about...

plus, everyone on that channel tries to act cool/emo/scene w/e..
    i want some nerd hosting the show, that way i know he knows what hes talking about
  14. blueshogun96

Actually, TechTV didn't do a thing [lately]. It's when the new president of G4 got rid of TechTV is when it gone completely downhill.

About X-Play, I wish they'd come up with some new material because that bulls@#% innuendo they use now is really getting old. Hell, they aren't even funny (and they never were to begin with), except for this one review of some army game and they used some toy army men to illustrate it. That was hilarious and I rolled on the floor laughing at it almost as hard as I would laughing at TCOS or emwearz, but everything else sucked and was just annoying... for instance,the ampules, the ampules, the ampules... STFU! That episode has been played over and over again a million times. And knowing how much I H-A-T-E X-Play I can't believe I watched it 3 f@#%ing times :dead: Another thing, why does everyone think Morgan Webb is hot? IMO her face has some "man like" features. Well, the fact that she plays games makes her worth the keep (as a girlfriend, not a gameshow host), but still, Laura Foy is hotter, and I don't give a f@#% who doesn't agree. Need an example of a bulls@#% review? Watch this YouTube video by Timewarp1. I thought I'd never find anyone who shares the same views on how X-Play's reviews suck (too busy making lame ass jokes and pointless comments... that's not a review).

Remember that episode where Adam was asking himself, "Why don't developers make a game with me in it??" Hell, there are a 1,000 reasons why I (or any other gamedev company with common sense) wouldn't waste their time on such utter bulls@#%

[​IMG]

^ and here they are... :mad:

One show I really miss is Icons. That was my favourite show on G4. Learning video game history is essential for me. Now I can only watch it on YouTube >_> (btw, does anyone know if there's an episode of Icons about 3Dfx or nVidia?) So instead of showing Icons, they replaced it with GameMakers. It has nothing to do with games! Mark Ecko, who gives a f@#%? Sure his clothes are cool in all, but don't put him on a show called "GameMakers"... what sense does that make?? Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#% Bulls@#%!

If I was rich I'd start a new channel and make it about nothing but gaming and tech talk 24-7 even a gamedev show for programmers and designers. I'd bring back all of the old gaming shows that G4 kicked out the door and give gamers what they really want. Image that the "Shogun3D Gaming Network" :thumb: Who's with me? :emb: :heh: :laugh:
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  15. Razor Blade

Why don't some of you guys get together and try out a video podcast type thing? It doesn't really cost anything, other than the initial craptastic video camera and decent microphone. You could have slipt-screen chat :p Something to consider ...

Oh yea, Icons! That show did rock. Who was the chick that hosted it anyways? She was pretty hot :p
  16. blueshogun96

AFAIK, there was no chick hosting that show. You must be thinking of "Filter".

Anyway, I just had a scary thought... what if... Jack Thompson took over G4? oO Maybe that would explain why it sucks so much now... :???:
  17. catz

catz New Member

She's not hot, I think the one who does the little news segments on Attack of The Show is hot, her name escapes me right now though.
  18. TheCloudOfSmoke

TheCloudOfSmoke Menthol Flavored Junior Contributor Award Winner!

I used to love G4 and I would watch it all day everyday. It had some really great shows even though they were low budgeted shows. The content is what mattered to me. Shows like Judgement Day, the original Cheat, that countdown show with Dianne Mizota, Cinematech, Icons was a really great show that I loved. Back in those days, most of the shows wre game related. Now you'll be lucky to find anything game related. Cops, Star Trek, Cheaters, The Man Show, that Ninja ****? WTF does that have to do with video games? I'm not saying that those shows are bad, but they don't belong on G4. The only things on there that are half decent now is X-Play and Attack of the Show. I think since they got new management, they decided to sell out and go in the direction that Spike TV went and make guy oriented shows. ****ing sell outs. I'm getting tired of stations that are supposed to be geared toward a certain genre and play the complete opposite like MTV, VH1, Sci-Fi (why the hell do they show WWE on Sci-Fi?).

I posted a really, really huge message under the username FormerG4Fan or something like that on their forum about how G4 is going in the same direction as MTV and all of the other sellout cable stations and people started to flame me and close the thread because they don't want anyone critisizing G4 station or anyone at G4 even though I wasn't flaming, I was just formal and posting construtive critisism. Anything that anyone posts over there that talks about how G4 isn't a gaming station anymore gets locked. I even asked why are they on the forum if they agree that G4 isn't a gaming station anymore. They told me that they hang around because of the people on there that they like to chat. Obviously they don't care about what the fans want, so let the once great (and only station dedicated to gamers) die. It's not going back to what it was.

BTW: Adam Sessler is a closet gay if you didn't notice already. Looks like the type to be a closet pedo. He probably lures little children into his car with Pokemon cards and Skittles.
  19. MentallyAfflict

MentallyAfflict Technodanceaphobic

Uh its not great anymore I guess. But it isn't gay if that is what you call it.
  20. blueshogun96

I don't understand how G4 could not care about it's viewers... don't they care if anyone watches it anymore?? Don't they care that they are losing viewers on a M-A-S-S-I-V-E scale?? WTF?? Sorry everyone, I'm still pissed! I'm seriously just thinking of making my own cheap version of Judgement Day in my Grandma's attic starring meeeee... blueshogun! Who's with me? Right now, I'm just better off watching YouTube for game reviews and tech.

btw, Here's yet another vid from Timewarp1 (old, but funny):

21. MentallyAfflict

MentallyAfflict Technodanceaphobic

I'm in, but lets do it in the kitchen.