Dolphin - Can't Create a opengl renderer.... check the log for more info

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by Zarichu, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Zarichu

Zarichu New Member

When i try to play Super Mario Sunshine on Dolphin Emulator, a warning window shows up and says:

"Can't Create an Opengl renderer. You might be missing an opengl extention, check the log for more info" :mad:

SO, i did check the log(which i dont understand):

25:57:788 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
    25:57:937 N[BOOT]: Starting application
    25:58:006 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
    25:58:063 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on ./USER/WII/TITLE/00000001/00000002/CONTENT: The system cannot find the path specified.

:pCmad:

I've been trying to mess with it and nothing seems to work, maybe a program or a missing extention i need...

COMP INFO:
    Processer: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
    Driver Version:6.0.6001.18000
    Graphic Card: (will be updated) or whatever comes with a [Dell Ispiron 1525]

Any other info u need, post it...

NOTE:I don't know much about computers, so plz me specific
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Spyhop

Spyhop New Member

Dolphin forum is

vvv THAT-A-WAY vvv
  4. koko

koko ! Award Winner!

Welcome.

Your computer,

Isn't great enough to deal with Dolphin, You need a good PC to run Dolphin.

Check the Dolphin section here and read the stickies.
  5. Zarichu

Zarichu New Member

My computer is definitly good enough to run dolphin...
  6. Spyhop

Spyhop New Member

2ghz is dog slow for emulation.
    Remember. Your computer isn't running the game. It's pretending to be another computer running a game. Takes more juice.
  7. Kurbster

Kurbster Administrator Staff Member

ugh...

specifications are saying that your laptop uses a Intel GM965

have you updated the drivers yet?

Download Search Results

If that doesn't work, use the D3D9 renderer
  8. imspecial

imspecial New Member

intel graphics card don't have proper opengl support. An x3100 is worse than a GMA 4500 which also doesn't have support for all of the extensions dolphin uses
  9. OminaeYu

OminaeYu Spriggan

I get the same error! :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter what game I try :dead:

To fix it I either have to enable or disable Dual Core.
  10. Sonic2036

Sonic2036 New Member

Try the D3D9 plug-in and hope it helps :)
  11. Zarichu

Zarichu New Member

When i use the D3D9 plugin, the games almost starts(this is with HLE plugin) the window comes up, then error and doplhin stops working, D3D9 with LLE plugin brings up the window, at the top where the name of the window will say loading(+from twhere the game is in my computer) ill get some pics of the windows

It doesnt matter if i have dual core mode on or off...

Driver Version Now: 7.14.10.1409
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  12. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

You need to use an older build with the older DX9 plugin, DirectX is borked in the newest revisions.

With how buggy the DX9 plugin is considering it contains many graphical issues that have been fixed in the OpenGL plugin and the fact you might get shoddy performance, it may be better if you stuck to playing on an actual Gamecube/Wii for the time being.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  13. Lex_Light

Lex_Light New Member

Yes, play them in your Wii or GC until the DX9 plugin is fixed. :(
  14. LordOvKhayoz

LordOvKhayoz New Member

Please help...

Okay I have been back and forth from site to site and I cannot figure this out… I have had problem after problem and will admit I’m a noob with a p.o.s. computer but I had my x-box 360 stolen and I am just trying to get to same games… I have a gamecube but it’s in storage and I can’t get to it right now so I tried to download an emulator… I got dolphin a while ago and gave up on it but now I’m home alone and board out of my skull so I tried to get back to it I got around the 1 gig continuous memory deal and found ample help for doing so but now I get new error messages I was going to take screen shots but I don’t feel like uploading them to a site so here is the deal… (p.s. I know this info is somewhere but I can’t find it sorry)

My first copy of dolphin is svn r3661 or whatever and I attempt to open Mario sunshine and receive the message “Error Loading Plugins/plugin_dsp_hle.dll” (followed by 2 other messages) well okay now I will look that up because that is new since I installed Dolphin JITIL x64 Revision 4586 … I believe my computer is 32 bit though… and that I believe is for 64 IDK anyhow I d/led it and it said that it wasn’t a valid win32 app or something which I figured was the case so I figured that maybe swapping some files or something might help and get it to where it needed to be but I don’t know the differences for all the programming so ehh anyhow I moved the first copies exe file over to the seconds folder and now if I click it in either folder I get that message… so as I said I’ll look it up… I am just keeping this log so people know where I’ve been / what I’ve done… p.s. thanks Xtreme2damax for your signature as well as pointing it out to us noobs :p … (and I hade opengl probs… till I got to http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/111777-opengl-plugin-missing.html) Several Forum threads later (including other sites) … too much confusion of different topics gets clustered  and sites like Issues - dolphin-emu - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Annoyance leads me to search for the newest version available for 32 bit & compiling understanding…
    Dolphin - Windows Live
    I downloaded Dolphin-r4595.7
    And once more back to the ogl… with
    Cannot create open gl render… might be missing extensions, check logs blah blah
    Logs 18:31:250 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
    18:31:875 N[BOOT]: Starting application
    18:32:000 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
    18:32:156 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on ./User/Wii/title/00000001/00000002/content: The system cannot find the path specified.

18:53:421 N[BOOT]: Saving Settings to ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
    18:56:671 W[EXI]: No memory card found. Will create new.
    18:56:718 W[EXI]: No memory card found. Will create new.
    18:57:765 N[BOOT]: Booting C:\Documents and Settings\RED II\My Documents\Downloads\Games\Emulators & roms\GC & Wii\Super Mario Sunshine (USA) RARE/sms.gcm
    18:57:796 N[FileMon]: Opening 'C:\Documents and Settings\RED II\My Documents\Downloads\Games\Emulators & roms\GC & Wii\Super Mario Sunshine (USA) RARE/sms.gcm'
    18:57:968 N[OSREPORT]: 81200308->81300000| Apploader Initialized. $Revision: 29 $.
    18:57:968 N[OSREPORT]: 81200324->81300000| This Apploader built Apr 10 2002 02:35:29
    18:58:390 E[Video]: *********
    GPU: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebufer_object for multiple render targets
    GPU: *********Does your video card support OpenGL 2.x?
    18:58:390 E[*]: Warning: Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info
    19:50:859 W[CONSOLE]: Stop [Main Thread] ---- Shutting down ----
    19:50:859 W[CONSOLE]: Stop [Main Thread 1780] 243,384 K Stop CPU

Now on to see if my video card supports it / find the gl_framebuffer…
    No locating file through a search and many forums of no help 
    … did I d/l wrong version for my comp again hmm…?
    (what does the r & mm mean?)
    Don’t understand half of plugin configs 
    Also running to other places of this forum like
    http://forums.ngemu.com/ps2-plugin-...eshooting/97535-question-before-question.html
    has just lead me to believe I can’t do it on this comp… I know it’s a p.o.s. with integrated onboard whatever b.s. (The only good thing about my comp is my terabit external hard drive… which is well easily moved to another comp when I have $$) but I figure that there must be loop holes… I had problems playing other games like wow and stuff & I resolved it with riva tuner well a friend did but I have moved and had to reformat so now I have the prog again but dunno how to use it… please guys there must be some way to play it on here… I’m broke without a job and no money for a new graphics card… not like one would fit in my housing case anyhow … I’ve tried and have a few from past attempts but it’s too narrow… there are two more comps in the house one in which is even older and a newer laptop but they are not mine and try not to use them at all costs… Well I guess I’m at a lose and just going to post this to see if any help is available… this is my first post and I dunno how it contacts me and lets me know about replies… but I’ll bookmark it and if available please IM me via lordovkhayoz@yahoo.com comp details… (and if I disable dual core it says no possible memory base found…)
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 11/21/2009, 00:07:44
    Machine name: REDII
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model: OptiPlex GX270
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
    Memory: 1014MB RAM
    Page File: 604MB used, 1841MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_01511028&REV_02
    Display Memory: 96.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4396 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/20/2005 12:52:38, 36990 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 9/20/2005 13:00:54, 1302332 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6632-11CF-B462-5B21A3C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x2572
    SubSys ID: 0x01511028
    Revision ID: 0x0002
    Revision ID: 0x0002
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Not Available
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Found a site (KluDX - DirectX and OpenGL capabilities of Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller video card) and it simply states that what I need is not supported … so I am on to figure out if a loop-hole does exist…
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  15. LordOvKhayoz

LordOvKhayoz New Member

I have upgraded to sp3 I dunno what all it changes but ehh… (well I’m doing so now..) & I was wondering if I made any of these changes if it would help… Graphics - OpenGL* Settings Guide Main concern now though is if riva tuner or any other progs of the sort would force / trick this into working… Downloaded opengl extension view and checked for updates for bs… no change…
    After Sp3 upgrade new error : No possible memory base pointer found!
    Following input found on Issue 1624 - dolphin-emu - No possible memory base pointer found error - Project Hosting on Google Code
    “Just as a double check I ran back on all builds. Commit 4505 is the problem. 4504
    works just fine but 4505 starts the memory problem. ”

“E2180 @2.00Ghz , GeForce 8500 GT (nvidia says I have 190.89 drivers) , WinXP x86 ,
    2GB ram ( and NOD32 )

It only happens with D3Dplugin + GC games ( or at least I don't have it in SSBB )”

“WORKAROUND(?):
    I've found that deleting my Dolphin.ini file (in .\user\config\) will let the game
    load again. Obviously this means losing all your settings every time though...”

That was stated to only work for wii by one member and then another said it worked for gc for them…

And more or less same post at this site with
    http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-dis...le-memory-base-pointer-found.html#post1760670
    (I know some of this is redundant but I don’t want people to think I didn’t try searching it first.)

So I deleted the dolphin file in the config folder…
    & of course returned to the “Warning: Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info”
    Well it’s been just shy of 7 continuous hours for me on this and I doubt I’ll find a way around my p.o.s. graphics card so I’m out for now… but if anyone does have anything to add please do…
  16. Lex_Light

Lex_Light New Member

Download the OpenGL Viewer (or something like that). If your graphics card does not support OpenGL 2.1 (or more), then, forget using OpenGL plugin. ;)
    Pd: Next time, don't bump threads or doublepost! Use the button of "EDIT" if you want to edit the post! xD
  17. LordOvKhayoz

LordOvKhayoz New Member

Okay... and I made a note of that... but oh well I just wanted to see away around it... :( I don't want to have to buy an external graphics card or something... guess I just forget bout it... thanks

P.S. Sorry for the double post...
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  18. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

wow, at least this time i didnt have to say "post more details". , Re-download Dolphin, making sure you get the win32 version, update your directx and use direct3d plugin
  19. LordOvKhayoz

LordOvKhayoz New Member

Thanks...

I really want to get it to work but I don't think it will I just don't have the Opengl 2.0 and I already updated direct x I mean I might have the wrong version of the emu but even if I did that and checked on those updates (which I believe I already have) I don't think it'll solve the problem :( I guess I'll try it anyhow though but I don't know where / what the most up to date version for 32 is... does the Dolphin JITIL x86 SVN Revision 4597 work for 32? I dunno what the 86 is for...

And what does the "r" stand for ...? revision?
    I have DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer deal up to date but ... what is it that I need for this game? I see that direct x is now up on 11 but I don't think I can get that for this ... I was wondering if their is a specific thing I am suppose to click to get all the direct x up to date or if I have to go through and click on separate links or IDK I just figure the web installer is a different thing then what I need...

Okay anyhow I got 4605 version and went to graphics and put it on what you said and it loaded with a message saying "Warning: FBManager::Create FAIL: Depth Color Texture" and then I closed that window screen was black but I heard the game music and other sounds... THANK YOU!!! you have gotten me a step farther now I'm going to research that and delete the other 3 versions I have once I get it to work

If I run it without the cpu->efb enabled then the message doesn't show but same effect and if I use the dolphin software renderer it blanks out the screen in yellow
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  20. Gareth1977

Gareth1977 Time Lord

Its the Directx 9 update you need. x86 is the same as win32 version. And R does stand for revision.
  21. LordOvKhayoz

LordOvKhayoz New Member

Alright thanks and uhm yeah that's what I got... and I just finished d/ling 2 more games and tried them out... first one didn't d/l right and the second one prompted me with a message reading "Warning: Your GCM/ISO file seems to be invalid, or not a GC/Wii ISO." So I haven't gotten any further :(