Dolphin Emulator SLOW?

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by WestboundPuppet, Jul 26, 2010.

1. WestboundPuppet

WestboundPuppet New Member

Ive been trying to play Zelda twilight princess for some time now and whenever i play it it runs extremely slow. And it slows down even worse in some places ive messed with the settings as much as i can and only get slight improvement please how do i make it faster?

system specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) (build 7600)

2.70 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded
    NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i [Display adapter]
    3840 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. crhylove

crhylove Resident Rabble Rouser

That graphics card is pretty horrible. Getting a real graphics card will definitely help.
  4. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax Mr. Technological Staff Member Moderator

Slowdowns in Hyrule Field are normal, I offer patched builds that have a speed hack for Hyrule Field in ZTP, you may want to give one of my latest builds a try. I also offer builds in different flavors such as SSE3, SSSE3, and SSE4.1 optimized builds for Intel processors. I also compile other patches, such as an audio fix for the Zelda Windwaker intro. :)

A better graphics card and overclocking your processor a bit would help alleviate the slowdowns. There are also some games that run slow no matter how much tweaking is done, there is a bottleneck in the emulator's code that causes slowdowns with some games, even for those with decent top of the line hardware.
  5. westdragon

westdragon New Member

@ Xtreme2damax: would u plz post that patched build ? I finished this game but I really wanna see some places in Hyrule without droppin down the fps :D thanks :X
  6. boogerlad

boogerlad Member

click the link in his sig.