Dolphin Very Slow

Discussion in 'Dolphin Discussion' started by Ma6v6erick, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

First of all I know there where many topics on this (read most of them), but they didn't give me an answer.

So my problem is that Dolphin is running very slow. I'm getting only 10-15 FPS in Dead Space Extraction, so the game is unplayable. People with a pc like mine are getting a lot more (20-30fps) on Forums and youtube.

My PC: Assus M70V IntelCore2Duo 2GHz ; 4 GbRam ; GF9650 1GB and Vista.
    And I'm using the Dolphin build r6156 form: Dolphin Emulator - Download

So my question is how can I speed Dolphin up?? Should It run with only 10 FPS?? Is it because o my PC or Dolphin and its settings ??

Thx For the help.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Dax

Dax ライチュウ|タオ

Post the settings so we can see if it's the settings..? :p
  4. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

Nearly the same as those here:
    How to increase the Performance of Dolphin Emulator
    I tried many other settings but those work best.
    The resolution is set to 1024x768, but at 1440x900 I'm getting exactly the same number of FPS.

For comparison i get 50- 60 FPS in normal Dead Sace Withe everything Max and the resolution 1440X900
  5. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

You can't compare running a PC game on a PC and running an emulated game through another system on your PC. I'd say the results you are getting pretty much match up to your system's strength.
  6. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

I know weary well that running the emulator isn't the same as running a normal game. I wrote it to show that the pc works ok. And I don't thing it should run that slow.
    As i said, you can watch many videos on youtube, where people are getting 20-30 FPS on a pc similar to mine.
    So what's wrong ?? Is there a way i can get 20 FPS ??
    I don't expect to it to run 60 FPS. I just want the game to be playable.
  7. SCHUMI_4EVER

SCHUMI_4EVER Hackin 'n Slashin Staff Member Award Winner!

They are not using laptops.
  8. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

I don't see any difference. If all the parameters are the same.
    Or even better, because i have a better graphics card, CPU, RAM etc.
  9. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Laptop counterpart is usually weaker than the desktop coz of many variable (like cache, and vga renaming).

Also check that your laptop doesn't throttle down itself because of heat when you're playing.
  10. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

No, I checked everything. As i said earlier, my pc is working quite well on normal games.
    I compared (every parameter) my pc with many of those i found on the net, and it should work with at least 20 FPS. And Thats why I'm writing here.
  11. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Could you show those 'many'? How'd your computer do in other Dolphin GC/Wii games?

Also as said before, don't use normal game as a benchmark for emulator, it doesn't tell much (for instance, I found emulator maxed my cpu quite easily while normal pc games don't).
  12. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

I'm not using the games for the emulator benchmark... I'm using if for a pc benchmark, to show that it works 100% correctly. Whats not clear with that ??

A i don't really won't to dig through all the forums to show you a pc config...

I tried some other settings in the emulator and now it runs at a constant 17 FPS, and I'm sure it can run 20 FPS or even more.
  13. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

And like I said with extreme cpu usage, which is usual for emulator and not for pc games, your laptop might throttle down itself, is that so hard to understand?

And does other games work fine with it?

Okay for speed up advice, try using lectrode build matching your sse, that net me some fps in some games. You can find it in dolphin forum under svn discussion section.
  14. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

Yes other games work 100% correctly , maxed with min 30 FPS.
    Games like Gears Of War, Dead pace, etc.

And mi CPU is used in 90% but it should run faster if I decrees the resolution or something. And it runs 10-18 all the time no mater what the settings.
  15. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Uh no, I mean other Dolphin games. Anyway just try those afromentioned build first.
  16. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

Could you post a link to one.
  17. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

18. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

I've been on that site and the download links don't work...
  19. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

20. Ma6v6erick

Ma6v6erick New Member

Thx, but my CPU supports only SSE3 and S3, do you have that version? And I'm using a 32 bit os.
  21. nanaya

nanaya ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

From the spec sheet it should support up to SSE4.1, you're cpu is P8600 no? (I assume so for that Asus model).