DVD Drive Firmware/A pc drive reading an xbox disc.

Discussion in 'Cxbx Official Discussion' started by PentiumPro, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PentiumPro

PentiumPro Leading the way.

If i wanted my DVD drive to read an xbox disc, how would i update the firmware? And what firmware would that be?Drive or...What? This would greatly help me, as pulling games off of an xbox is quite a pain(for me anyways). If someone could tell me if there is a windows driver or something that could work with the dvd drive and read the disc, or a program that would update the firmware, or something wierd like that, I would be the happiest little guy in the world :)

Alexo.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. Galway no Sora

Galway no Sora ~¤ PanZeR ¤~ idRO Thor Translator

Nah, I dunno about "read" you mean here. Just to looking for the contain of the DVD or emulate the game inside ? Firmware only needed if you want to make your DVD drive regionless, there is nothing to do with XBOX DVD. For firmware RPC I [regionless DVD], you can get it in www.rpc1.com.
  4. PentiumPro

Xbox

I meant an Xbox disc.Not that crappy logo and then request to put it "In your XBOX". Bah.
  5. Covenant Master

Covenant Master New Member

What does these firmwares do that enables the cd-driver to read X-box discs?

-Covenant master
  6. bowie

bowie Craptacular Dumbass

I do believe that it is not possible for firmware to help you out there, what you need to do is use an xbox, flashfxp, and evo-x to copy it to your pc.
    There is a tutorial on how to do that here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/iso-backup-guide.php

wait, scratch that, look at the sticky...I think you can, the link I provided has links to firmware sites if you need them
  7. PentiumPro

I don't have an xbox dude.I just need a site that has a program that will update the firmware of my NORMAL dvd-rom drive.All I can find is updates for DVD-R's.If someone can help me, please do.If it helps, I have the stock dvd drive from (an I dont know year, maybe around 1997) an IBM Aptiva with a 300mhz CPU. and it has an air baffle and the processor is upright to the board.

Or if i could update my dvd-rom/CD-RW driveon my Sony Vaio laptop grx560, please tell me ok?I really don't know what to do.

TS, I read the sticky.I dont know if asking this is allowed.If it's not, don't kill me ok?
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  8. TechJosh

TechJosh New Member

I doubt very much that this is a firmware related problem. The more likely problem is that XBOX games use a proprietary filesystem called XDVDFS or XISO that your operating system does not understand... your best shot it to look for a filesystem driver for the XISO filesystem for your operating system. I haven't really looked for one, but I'd imagine that if there were enough of a demand that there's probably one available somewhere... you might check the tools section of xbox-scene
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page=isotools
  9. dpence

dpence New Member

There is more to it than that. The Xbox DVD's use the XDVDFS AND Are encrypted (Anyone remember the original DIVX {not to be confused with divX})
    In order to read an xbox disk you need a drive with the Xbox Firmware (Samsung 616T/F are the only PC version I know of capable of being flashed with xbox firmware) and the hash code to decrypt the dvd. simply flashing the drive and will not let you read the cd.
  10. Galway no Sora

Re: Xbox

Well, I asked nicely because I didn't know what you meant oO
    I think what dpence said already explained it. One thing I know IIRC, the XBOX DVD ROM read from outer of the disc into inner, different from our PC DVD ROM that normally read from inner to outer.
  11. PentiumPro

I didn't mean to be harsh.I know you were just being nice.I'm frustrated because I dont have 50 bucks that people ask for their modded samsung drives on ebay.And if I just get the drive, I think I wouldn't be able to find the firmware flasher and wire it up.So that it actually opens.I'm a lost soul guys. :frown:
  12. Galway no Sora

Someone in this forum claimed have the drive and already flashed it. The other one, even didn't flash it nor have Samsung DVD, but using a programs [forget the name], so it can read XBOX DVD. I think you can search it ... it's about 2-3 days ago, so you won't be difficult to find it.
  13. PentiumPro

If someone could tell me WHAT THAT IS, I would love it.I really need that.I went to a forum and the AUTHOR of it said that it should be done soon.this was 2 weeks ago.so, please help.I know all I keep saying is, "Help" but I really do need it.Thanks in advance.

(Edit: Because I couldn't find it on google.)

Alexo.
  14. dpence

dpence New Member

What is what??? There is no way to read an original xbox game on a PC drive or Xbox drive IN a PC. It's just not possible , at least right now. The program people talk about is for reading Warez/Cracked copies of games, not original's.
  15. TerrorShocked

TerrorShocked Registered

Yeah, what dpence said.... closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.