edgbla's gpuBladeSoft

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by KrossX, Jul 21, 2011.

1. papermanzero

papermanzero New Member

Same here. I tried to change the config file without success.
    The only reason why I don't use the plugin is missing feature for the higher resolution.

Edit: Forget the last posts. I have not read the last posts about the internal resolution.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. petran79

petran79 New Member

Hallo, I have an issue with the GTK library.
    While I placed the libwinthread1.dll in the plugin folder and solved the missing library issue, I get the following messages:
    "The procedure entry point g_mutex_lock could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\gtk-3.8.1\libgdk-3-0.dll"
    "The procedure entry point atk_window_get_type could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\gtk-3.8.1\libgtk-3-0.dll"

post #232 solution does not work, it gives me same message even after setting path to the portable installer
  3. uVSthem

uVSthem New Member

4. dukejp

dukejp Member

Someone have chrashes at the change dis in any game with this plugin? I cant change disc in any multigame disc with this plugin, but other video plugins dont have this problem.
  5. Exos

Exos New Member

I've completely given up on this plugin. It's goal is supposedly to
    but after all these years it still does not have a basic internal resolution change in it's options..

For me right now nothing beats Mednafen's libretro fork which comes with a great compatibility and also all these awesome enhancements such as res change, gte accuracy, cpu overclock (which by the way does wonders in many, many games!)

I'm tired of all of the closed source crap, (both this plugin and the recent disappointment called ePSXe) which does not seem to evolve but rather stall the entire psx emu scene.
  6. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

I have Retroarch 1.3.0

Where are the options for the internal resolution, GTE accuracy and CPU overclock?!
  7. uVSthem

uVSthem New Member

Does anyone have a link to the correct GTK+ runtime files installer for the gpuBladeSoft plugin GUI? I tried a few different GTK+ runtime installers and none of them seem to get the GUI to run properly.
  8. Exos

Exos New Member

Download the core through "core updater", then load it with a .cue file. In game press F1 and here you go in "core options". Don't forget you also need the appropriate BIOS files in /system folder.

From my experience none of the GTK+ runtime installers work correctly. You will probably need to manually add it.
  9. superjupi

superjupi New Member

Just a heads up that emucr's uploads of the plugin are trojan-laden, as is everything I've attempted to download from them in the past week. The source link is clean, but also has ROMs all over it, so I won't link to it directly, but that's where you'll want to get it from.
  10. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

I do this but in the options I don't see the ones you are talking about...
    http://imgur.com/qYp9M4S
  11. Exos

Exos New Member

I told you to download the core through core updater, you're using an old version..
  12. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

That's what I did. I downloaded the PS1 core (Beetke/PSX) with the Core Updater. Its version is 0.9.36.5. RetroArch version is the latest stable, 1.3.0

Are you using some nightly or something?
  13. Exos

Exos New Member

No, it should be named "Mednafen PSX" now. Try updating all of the other things or just reinstall Retroarch 1.3.
  14. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

It is Mednafen, they also call it Beetle. (It is the only PSX core available anyway)
    http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

What version does your Retroarch and core say? (After you load it, on the lower left.)
  15. superjupi

superjupi New Member

Is there anybody else who was perfectly capable of using the config for bladesoft before, but not with this update? First I got:

"The program can't start because libgdk-3-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

So, I reinstalled GTK+, still got the same error. Tableflipped, put the dll in System32, got the same error. Put it in SysWOW64, and now a new error:

"The procedure entry point cairo_device_destroy could not be located in the dynamic link library libcairo-2.dll."

Why anyone would write a damned text document configurator to require GTK+ in Windows in the first place is beyond me, but now I'm just pissed off from having to troubleshoot this nonsense for the third time.

Edit: Went back and triple-checked - old configurator still works perfectly fine, but that doesn't get me anywhere. I've tried three different GTK sources, and none of them will make either error go away, but each are still sufficient for the old configurator.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  16. Exos

Exos New Member

Here you go: https://i.imgur.com/AzTr1Yh.png

Save yourself your time and just go with mednafen.. Like I said gte installers did not work for me you need to apply it manually, yeah most of them did not work for me too but I ended up finding one that worked. Don't know where I found it though..
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  17. emuzoid

emuzoid New Member

18. dukejp

dukejp Member

i like retroarch, but dont have the option of ┬┐progressive scan? or ┬┐deinterlacing? (i dont know whats the name is), but Bloody Roar 2 in Mednafen look like this:
    [​IMG]

The white part of the lifebar should be blinking, not with those "white scanlines". GpuBlade does this ok, so the openGL2 and others plugins. If Mednafen psx core get the real and accurate image, i switch to this emulator immediately.
  19. Exos

Exos New Member

Yeah I believe you are refering to deinterlacing which sadly is not yet supported by RetroArch (but I hope it will be in the future)

As for the "accurate image" interlacing was present on the original console and that's how the game actually looked like but I think since we were playing with CRTs it wasn't nearly as much visible as it is now.
  20. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

WTF? I always considered them a trustworthy source... That's a pity because in the past, it has been the best place to get recent builds for various emus. :/

I didn't even know you could hide a trojan in a dll. What did it try to download?

edit:
    found a different link it's on some russian website.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016