edgbla's gpuBladeSoft

Discussion in 'PSX Plugin Questions & Troubleshooting' started by KrossX, Jul 21, 2011.

1. superjupi

superjupi New Member

Yeah, that's the source I was referring to that has a prominent 'ROMs' link at the top. Might want to edit that out.
  2. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

Shit, didn't see that... Link has been removed.
  3. dukejp

dukejp Member

I just discovered i can get the "deinterlacing" blinking lifebars effect, through Shaders! Now Bloody Roar 2 look awesome, also Tekken 3 and Ergheiz! I just have two words: Goodbye EPSXE!
  4. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

What's so bad about ePSXe? With OpenGL2Tweak I think nothing beats it at the moment... And whatever shader you were using, you can use it in ePSXe too.
  5. dukejp

dukejp Member

I have microstutter (visible in the blinking effect of Bloody Roar and Blody Roar 2, but happens in all my games) and cant get rid of it. Its framelimit related, i have 3,8gz quad core and 2 gb video nvidia card, enough for run OpenGL2Tweak in 1080 resolution and xBR filter. I read threads in this forum, i used diferent plugins, different settings, but anyting work. Gpublade fixes this problem for me, but in some games has a insane framerate drop (the "super art level 3 galaxy supernova" effect in Street Fighter EX 2 Plus).
    At the other hand, the psx core in retroarch works perfect out of the box. And has better compatibility.
    Maybe my problem is hardware related, so epsxe isnt at fault, but if i manage to fix epsxe stutter, i use it, it have better graphics options, like antialias, shaders, etc.
  6. superjupi

superjupi New Member

It's the ZSNES of PlayStation emulators. The popular choice nobody will move from, even though pretty much anything else is more accurate and has better compatibility. It's responsible for game mods that work only on ePSXe and nowhere else, much like ZSNES is responsible for a plethora of mods that won't work anywhere else.

But the Android version is actually a very good emulator, and 2.0 borrows more heavily from it, so perhaps 2.0 will fare better. It ran inordinately slow for me when I tried, so I'll stick to my usual PCSX-R and Mednafen, but it would be nice if it reached a point where I don't have to answer every bug report with, "stop using ePSXe to fix your problem."
    dukejp likes this.
  7. fischkopf

fischkopf Member

ZSNES of PS1 emulators? You do know that ZSNES hasn't been updated since 2007? Anything else has better compatibility? ePSXe is the most compatible thing I've ever used. I've had way more compatibility and even more performance issues with PCSX-R for that matter. The only thing that annoys me is that Soul Blade/Edge will not run, but that's a known bug and will be fixed because unlike ZSNES, ePSXe is still in active development. ;)

@dukejp
    I don't have any microstuttering in Bloody Roar 2, so that must be an issue related to your specific system or maybe inoptimal plugin configuration. Can you make a screenshot of your OpenGL2 plugin settings?
  8. superjupi

superjupi New Member

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests
    Looks like 2.0 was kind to ePSXe's accuracy. You should have seen how abysmal it was before.

Aaaaand I should have read the paragraph above the table. ePSXe's results are skewed, as using that configuration isn't even suitable for games. I laugh.

And use a nightly build of PCSX-R. The last stable build is borked.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  9. dukejp

dukejp Member

Ok. This is the thread i made about my problem:
    http://ngemu.com/threads/i-cant-get-rid-of-microstutter-in-last-epsxe.175225/

Just to keep this post clean, its about the Gpublade plugin. I upload some pictures with my configuration.
    superjupi likes this.
  10. superjupi

superjupi New Member

Solved the problem. For anyone who can't get the GUI to open, these are the steps:
    Install GTK2. Copy all dlls from the installed directory to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.
    Install GTK3. Copy all dlls from the installed directory to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64, agree to overwrite any existing files.
    Download libwinpthread-1.dll and copy it to C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Tested on both my laptop and desktop, and that combination in that order gets the thing working.
  11. nan0cr3y

nan0cr3y New Member

Version 1.46 is out for a while, i've noticed that the configurator is now in /plugins.
    To get it working you need the GTK+3 Runtime (link from edgbla ~ page 12) and unzip /bin into /plugins
  12. Salk

Salk New Member

Hello!

I seem to not be able to change anything from the plug in options. No matter what changes I make, next time I restart the config they are all reset to the default.

Any help?

Thanks!