emulator doesn't see core duo?

Discussion in 'PCSX2 Forum' started by unnormal, Jan 21, 2007.

1. unnormal

unnormal New Member

ok, here's the thing
    I've just reinstalled win xp, and got pcsx2 again. I tried to run virtua fighter 4 evo and got 9 fps during game.
    I have a dell laptop with 2ghz core duo, radeon x1400, 2 gb ram
    I know it's a laptop and it's not so fast as a desktop. I know that my GPU is not so powerful but...
    the thing is that I have the same framerate with and without dual core mode. mtgs mode makes a difference of about 3 fps. but I don't get why dual core mode doesn't change a thing.
    does anyone know the solution of this problem?
    P.S. I have core duo hotfix and newest directx.
  2. NGEmu.com Advertisement

3. StriderVM

StriderVM Active Member

It's probably the video card. As VF4 is a graphics intensive game. Can you try something like MVC2 (Or 2D games.) and see it's performance?

Also, since you have just reinstalled XP, have you installed the dual fixes and latest Direct X runtime? Those improve performance in dual core computers running Windows XP.

Also, are you running the VM version? Generally the VM version is faster.
  4. Lorkas

Lorkas New Member

I am going to pipe in here too. I think the same thing is occuring with my desktop computer. I have no problems with my plugins or setup or even my gfx card. When I start up the emulator in the dos window or whatever you wanna call it it says "unknown" next to the chipset or processor or whatever and its not recognizing my dual core processor. I have Pentium D 2.8 ghz dual core, with 1 gb ram, Nvidia 7300 GT with 512 MB overclocked. I was running Castlevania LOI at about 20 fps which I see in the compat. list is playable and also Suikoden 3 which was about the same. Thing is they were all jumpy from down to 5 fps to 20 and the sound was terrible to all skippy and crazy sounding. I tried the same stuff on my gf laptop core 2 dual compy and even though its only 1.6 it was runnin faster with better sound and that was with an integrated gfx card using the gsdx9 plugin. Anyway I was using Zero Gs Kosmos .96 I was really aiming to play RE4 on this so any help would be appreciated.
  5. Vlado

Vlado Veni, vidi, vici!

Install the dual core fix , that's your problem....
  6. Lorkas

Lorkas New Member

I was hoping that it was but I have had all the dual core fixes I could find installed. Doesnt really help though thanks anyway.
  7. Dantar

Dantar New Member

Suikoden isn't working properly at the time, it works but it's very slow.
    Try Kingdom Hearts / FFX, see how they run, should be a lot better. Your framerate seems accurate, I get 25-35 FPS in Suikoden 3 with an E6600.
  8. Lorkas

Lorkas New Member

so you are saying that maybe my processors are working in conjunction but that its probably just the game? I was having the same problem with Castlevania LOI and I was getting bummed because the list shows it as playable
  9. Dantar

Dantar New Member

It could be yes.. playable just means you can 'probably' play it from the start to the end, it doesn't mean it will play fast. The person that tested the game might have the best computer there is and was able to run it a bit smoother, thus making the game playable. There are many games playable that are too slow to actually enjoy on most computers, the only thing playable really means is that the game won't crash, and with patience you can play it.

It doesn't seem like there's a problem recognizing your CPU, I don't see how it possibly could. The Dual Core checkbox is there, works the same for everyone. If it wouldn't work for you you should be noticing it outside PCSX2 as well.

Most likely just a game related issue.